AZers in L.A? Meetup + Pool + Booze?

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I'll be flying into L.A on the 25th of July and will have a clear day there. Will be in L.A for 3-4 days before I head over to Vegas. Besides being free on the 25th itself for the rest of the trip I might only be available in the evenings due to work.

Was wondering if any fellow AZers would be keen on meeting up to shoot some? Or if anyone can recommend a nice place it'd be great too.

Haven't figured out where to stay out though..maybe Santa Monica but I'm still looking.

A warning though...I'll be jet lagged and may lay face down on the table while shooting..I'll try to load up on caffeine :)

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
There is a 9 ball handicapped tournament the night you come in on the 25th at the world famous Hard Times about 30 minutes from LAX. Saturday there is a bar box 8 ball tourney at another room, and then another at open 9 ball tourney at Hard Times on Sunday. Hope that helps!

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Hard Times in BellFlower is a good room as is Danny K's in Anaheim.

I hope you have a great time. I've already been to Cali twice this year, I have my quota in. :)

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be flying into L.A on the 25th of July and will have a clear day there. Will be in L.A for 3-4 days before I head over to Vegas. Besides being free on the 25th itself for the rest of the trip I might only be available in the evenings due to work.

Was wondering if any fellow AZers would be keen on meeting up to shoot some? Or if anyone can recommend a nice place it'd be great too.

Haven't figured out where to stay out though..maybe Santa Monica but I'm still looking.

A warning though...I'll be jet lagged and may lay face down on the table while shooting..I'll try to load up on caffeine :)

Hey jive,
I am en route to NYC now, will head over to Amsterdam in a couple of days. I'll be in San Francisco on the 26/27 . Was at LA few weeks back.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
There is a 9 ball handicapped tournament the night you come in on the 25th at the world famous Hard Times about 30 minutes from LAX. Saturday there is a bar box 8 ball tourney at another room, and then another at open 9 ball tourney at Hard Times on Sunday. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the heads up, i'll check how far that is from the hotel if it isn't too far and no one to meet up then i might just head over :smile:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Hard Times in BellFlower is a good room as is Danny K's in Anaheim.

I hope you have a great time. I've already been to Cali twice this year, I have my quota in. :)

Thanks, it's been years since i flew to L.A. Usually travel to SFO, NC or NYC when i'm in the states for work. I'll be sure to look for a good time :thumbup:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Hey jive,
I am en route to NYC now, will head over to Amsterdam in a couple of days. I'll be in San Francisco on the 26/27 . Was at LA few weeks back.

Hey Daric...i'll be in LAX 25th-28th...then 3rd-6th i'll be in NYC. Hehe if you make a COF we can meet up in LAX for pool, how cool is that ;)

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Still looking for guys who will be keen on meeting up.

I'll be staying at the Renaissance Hotel near LAX airport. Just realized that I have 25th and 26th available for the entire day.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Nobody?? This is getting sad...I've two clear days in LA with nothing to do..

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Suggestion: Get a car

Nobody?? This is getting sad...I've two clear days in LA with nothing to do..

Drive up to SFO , i am under a 6 hours drive from you according to google map. Will be flying in on 26 noon , will be free on the 27:):):)

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Drive up to SFO , i am under a 6 hours drive from you according to google map. Will be flying in on 26 noon , will be free on the 27:):):)

Can't Daric, time is too tight..I've only got the 25th and 26th available...and that's a dam long drive..

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm free in the evenings (after 6:30ish) on those days. Let me know if you can't find anyone in LA. I'd love to meet you at Hard Times to bang some balls around and shoot the breeze for a while. Hard Times isn't exactly in LA, but it's still LA county and isn't too far away.

Besides, any pool player who doesn't frequent Southern CA owes themselves a trip to Hard Times... One of the best pool rooms anywhere.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I'm free in the evenings (after 6:30ish) on those days. Let me know if you can't find anyone in LA. I'd love to meet you at Hard Times to bang some balls around and shoot the breeze for a while. Hard Times isn't exactly in LA, but it's still LA county and isn't too far away.

Besides, any pool player who doesn't frequent Southern CA owes themselves a trip to Hard Times... One of the best pool rooms anywhere.

I'll be staying near LAX Airport. At Renaissance Airport Hotel. How far is that from hard times?

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
about 30 minutes, depending on traffic.

Google maps says that it's about 20 miles away... In LA traffic, that could be anywhere between 25 minutes and 17 hours ;)

Seriously though, it's usually not that bad of a drive after about 7:00.

ShanksMcShankly

Grid Lock
Silver Member
I'd be down to meet you guys at Hard Times too. Post when you guys will be hanging out and we might be surprised who comes out of the AZ woodwork...

Also remember that Hard Times has no booze...

david-N

Registered
Google maps says that it's about 20 miles away... In LA traffic, that could be anywhere between 25 minutes and 17 hours ;)

Seriously though, it's usually not that bad of a drive after about 7:00.

ha. only if you're going down the 405 parking lot. ;)