Best wrapless player

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some may think im slumming it a bit, but I play with a black predator p3 wrapless butt, and a longoni s2 shaft and love it. After going wrapless, ill never go back.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are many awesome players out there, why not start narrowing them down by which ones you like the look of? I use a Bob Thompson cue, everyone who has used one praises them, Jim from billiards and bagels was one of the top cue guys in the country, and he believed they are one of the best hitters you could find. I think poolrod still has a couple for sale, and Thompson himself has a few left. but you don't usually find a used one for sale, no one seems to be parting with them. But they aren't for everyone, very out there designs, my avatar has a couple of them

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Such a shame that Schon builds so few wrapless cues :(

Kim,

Here's one not in their catalog. Had Evan convert it over ten years ago. Plays great! Original cue over twenty years old. Still use the original shaft.

My vote for best wrapless (other than mine of course) is the Carmeli I purchased to leave in Vegas five years ago. Carmeli's play great and are very well built. Even for a relatively inexpensive one like mine. Purchased mine from Martin Bick at Superior Cues.

Lyn

Attachments

• Back From Proficient.jpg
    Back From Proficient.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 566

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kim,

Here's one not in their catalog. Had Evan convert it over ten years ago. Plays great! Original cue over twenty years old. Still use the original shaft.

My vote for best wrapless (other than mine of course) is the Carmeli I purchased to leave in Vegas five years ago. Carmeli's play great and are very well built. Even for a relatively inexpensive one like mine. Purchased mine from Martin Bick at Superior Cues.

Lyn

That`s a good looking Schon :thumbup:

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Within the first 5 replies there was one cuemaker named twice. Sorry to debunk your theory. Valley cues do play fine, but there is much better quality out there.....as well as playability. Vigus cues will be my only playing cues.

Amen to Larry Vigus Cues .......... Superb in Every Respect.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I prefer my OB121 with an OB2 shaft.

Alex Pagulayan got one after he learned that was what I played with :grin:

I told Alex "It's the Indian, not the arrow" but he got one anyway.

Bassmaster

Gone Fishin
Silver Member
One the best hitting wrapless cues Ive played with was 2014 19 oz Lambros ultimate joint with non LD shafts...awesome!

* thats one good looking SW Ga 9Ball*

wutang

THE DEADLY GAMESMAN
Silver Member
My Lee Peppers house cue conversion....Super Solid Hit!!!

In my opinion, the BEST hitting cue on the planet is.....a one-piece house cue.

Wutang