Vintage Helmstetter Cues - Info

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
I have recently received these cues.
I have searched and can't seem to find anything.

Any info is appreciated.

Helmstetter Cue:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Helmstetter TJ-5 Cue:

5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

9ballscorpion

Wow, I really love the one with the Stained Glass windows, like Churches have. It is getting harder to find info on Helmstetter cues, unless you have a Blue Book of pool cues. The Blue Book used to have a website, that showed pictures and model numbers, but it closed down.

I always loved Helmstetter cues. They were made in Japan, by the Adam cue company. I believe that some, if not all of them were actually made by Miki, of Mezz cues, before Miki started their own cue company (Mezz cues), in around 1995. So, I believe that the Helmstetter cues that were made after 95 were made in China (after Miki's contract with Adam cues ran out, I believe that Adam moved production to China), but the ones before 95 were made by Miki in Japan. The 98 Series for example. I believe those were made in China, and were not as well made as the ones that were made in Japan, which were higher quality, in my opinion.

I see that the Stained Glass window cue is a Twin Joint model. Those are very rare, I believe, and were made in Japan. The other one with 4 points and veneers looks like an older one, from Japan too. Very nice cues. I really like the ones with the Yellowed ferrules on them, like the one that is in one of your pics.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 98-10 is very nice. Currently, it is paired with a revo 12.4. Even nicer.

Now back to the OP.

Been reading this forum for awhile now, and never got the impression production moved to China. Possibly, but would like confirmation.