Collectible Chalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was looking for something else and ran across this in a BBCCo pricelist from 1913. White chalk?

Collectible chalk small.jpg

Might make a nice poster for someone's man cave.:wink:

Last edited:

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a rare piece of chalk

chalk 1964 belonging to Wimpy Lassiter.jpg
How about this piece of chalk. This is a piece of chalk from the Final match used by Wimpy Lassiter when he won the Johnson City 14.1 in 1964.Wimpy gave away a lot of his trophy's but kept the Brunswick balls and chalk from the finals. I placed the chalk on his 5x10 Gandy and took the picture.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
View attachment 489070
How about this piece of chalk. This is a piece of chalk from the Final match used by Wimpy Lassiter when he won the Johnson City 14.1 in 1964.Wimpy gave away a lot of his trophy's but kept the Brunswick balls and chalk from the finals. I placed the chalk on his 5x10 Gandy and took the picture.

Now that is cool, I have some photos and negatives from the tournament, but no chalk!

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
in the recent Snooker World Grand Prix final against Ronnie, Ding Junhui was using either white chalk or had a white cue tip, couldn't quite tell from the video.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry I did not realize the images were so big
Thanks for the images. I would guess that is Geo(rge) Wright. I imagine the white chalk would have left very visible marks on the table. In a way that's good because the players would be aware of what they were leaving behind.

Here are the images at a smaller size. Also, the ones you posted are on PhotoBucket which might go away.

GeoWrightLondonAll.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... How about this piece of chalk. This is a piece of chalk from the Final match used by Wimpy Lassiter when he won the Johnson City 14.1 in 1964.Wimpy gave away a lot of his trophy's but kept the Brunswick balls and chalk from the finals. I placed the chalk on his 5x10 Gandy and took the picture.
That's got to be some of the rarest chalk in the world. I thought I had scored well with a half-box of IPT chalk.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i wouldenjoy having the poster and one piece of each chalk for display if
anyone comes across it

really nice post
dean

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
We actually went round because we were going white and wanted to pay homage to the earliest chalks...

Colors were added not because they wanted to blend with the cloth color but because the white turned a nasty yellow quickly in the rooms filled with oil lamps and tobacco smoke....

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there are any chalk collectors out there, here is an Ebay seller who seems to have dozens of brands, some from the 1800s.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/dino991/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&rt=nc&_dmd=2

Usually packages some decent pieces with some not so great pieces. I can spot his listings instantly.

Edit. I’ll admit, though, he has some pretty sought after pieces for decent prices right now.

I’ve been collecting for years now. My experience is there’s always somebody with unlimited funds bidding on the same pieces as me, lol.

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Even though its an old thread... Original photo from an actual catalog page...

JV

Attachments

• DSC01460.jpg
    DSC01460.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 131