Next great young player?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any predictions on the next "great young player"? Let me clarify, let's say under 25, and has the potential to be ranked #1 ON EARTH.

with out a doubt Wu will be the top player, not "a" top player, but "The" top player.

nobody from america has a chance, do disrespect but Wu has more natural talent, plane and simple.

Last edited:

LA toolman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brenden Crockett

I'll say Brenden Crockett also. He has a lot of potential for someone who
has been playing only a couple of years.

Razorback Randy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't believe it took this long for someone to mention Landon Shuffett. I've had the pleasure of watching him shoot on the GSBT numerous times, and he's incredibly impressive in how he carries himself around the table. Very respectful. He has the potential to rival ALL of them, IF he decides this is what he would like to do. He's still only 15, and has every right to change his mind and stop playing if he so desires. If he keeps playing though...watch out.

I took a weekend course with Stan about a year ago and had the chance to play Landon a few racks of nine ball (I had my chances but he won every game -damnit - lol). He is a good person and really has a passion for this game. I watched him work on his break and he was absolutely smashing the balls - Stan was proud, but all Landon could say is THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH DAD I HAVE TO HIT THEM HARDER. I would have been really happy hitting the balls like that. He will be a top level player one day with a very good family backing him up. Keep up the good work Landon and Stan.

PoolJunkie216

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My vote goes to a 22 year old from Long Island named Erin McManus. The only thing that could potentially ruin it for her is her health issues.

TxSkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Landon is not only a good player already but a good person to boot. Stan , Landons father for those that dont know, is a excellent instructor. I look for Landon to be among the top players in the world some day also if he keeps playing.

As good as Landon plays, I do not believe he will get there - no disrespect intended. If you watch him play, it is pretty clear that he is a manufactured, not a natural, talent. He has a ceiling, therefore, that the naturals don't and will rise above. But he is a very good player for his age, no doubt about that. He could beat me. :smile:

TxSkin

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Some good picks posted already for the 20 somethings.

Among the youngsters I agree that Brendan Crockett (turns 14 this year), if he stays with it, may develop into a world class player. I played him in the Swanee earlier this year and managed to send him to the loser's side in the first round, but I wouldn't look forward to drawing him again. He still made two rounds deep into the money and it took Jose Parica to knock him to the rail. He placed third in the BCAPL Nationals 8 Ball Championships in May ($2,700) in the Mens Player Member Singles out of about 130 entrants (played on 7 footers, but still). He's a very nice, respectful, well mannered and mature kid that has an even keel temperament that should serve him well. He is coached by Sal Butera.

Last edited:

chin0

"Chino Miss-A-Lot"
Silver Member
I thought Joey Grey and Chip Compton played well in this past Midwest 9-ball tourny

Last edited:

Biggz

Unregistered
Silver Member
Demosthenes Pulpul and Jericho Banares from Philippines.
John Morra from Toronto.

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
I'm surprised that no one has atleast mentioned Ryan Stone yet. The one thing about Ryan, which is in no way a negative, is that he's in college and takes that pretty serious right now. In terms of talent, he's a bad mofo.

T411

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nick Tafoya

There are quite a few really good Junior players with potential to be great. Nick Tafoya is one Junior player that I don’t think gets the ink that he deserves; he can play with any Junior player in the country.