China Open

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody have any links for a bracket for the China Open that started today I think.

Maybe a stream too ?

I've been googling, but haven't found anything. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places.

Thanks for any help. :cool:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Is this the tournament Mr Filler won and didn’t get paid?

If he did eventually get paid, I missed the announcement, if there was one.

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
winner breaks 9 ball is way too easy for these guys at this level.
cant bet against anyone really.
get a good roll, figure out how the table breaks
then put up a package

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I never heard of him not getting paid. Link by chance?

I took a quick look....didn’t find it.
About four months after the tournament, I asked if Filler got paid yet...
....Jay Helfert said no.....that’s the last time Inread about it.

If he got paid, I feel an announcement should’ve been made.
...hopefully, I just missed it.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I took a quick look....didn’t find it.
About four months after the tournament, I asked if Filler got paid yet...
....Jay Helfert said no.....that’s the last time Inread about it.

If he got paid, I feel an announcement should’ve been made.
...hopefully, I just missed it.

This that one where SVB made the post months after about the promoter and another planned event there saying he wouldn't attend any more because Filler hadn't even been paid? I thought there was a response shortly there after by the WPA Nit trying to save face and said that he had been in contact with them and they were in the process of being paid. Thought that had been resolved. That might not even be this promoter/event.

Surprised no one has an issue with it being called the "World" China 9 Ball Open :rolleyes:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This that one where SVB made the post months after about the promoter and another planned event there saying he wouldn't attend any more because Filler hadn't even been paid? I thought there was a response shortly there after by the WPA Nit trying to save face and said that he had been in contact with them and they were in the process of being paid. Thought that had been resolved. That might not even be this promoter/event.

Surprised no one has an issue with it being called the "World" China 9 Ball Open :rolleyes:
The WPA is kind of a strange bunch. If the local promoter didn't come-up with the cash i can't see all these players going to it this year. Melling must know something or he wouldn't be there. Barry Hearn broke ties with these yahoos over crap like this.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The WPA is kind of a strange bunch. If the local promoter didn't come-up with the cash i can't see all these players going to it this year. Melling must know something or he wouldn't be there. Barry Hearn broke ties with these yahoos over crap like this.

Far as I know, on Facebook SVB (and maybe Thorpe?) are going to play in it...

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol Shane is in a group with Klenti Kaci and Jayson Shaw. Billy Thorpe plays Albin Ouschan right away. But none of the groups look easy.

Looks like there are 8 groups of 8, and then 32 of them go on to a single elimination round. I assume 4 of each initial group stay in and 4 go out, but it's not really clear.