How to speed up a slow cloth

sbordona

Registered
Our bar box cloth is brand new with a heavy nap and is rather slow. Is there any method that can speed up this cloth without replacing the cloth?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our bar box cloth is brand new with a heavy nap and is rather slow. Is there any method that can speed up this cloth without replacing the cloth?
Back in the day some guys would spray silicone on cloth to speed it up. Effect doesn't last long and could end up a tad messy. No way to really speed up that style cloth.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

Maybe it was installed downside up?

Attachments

• 88FD4A33-6A78-417E-9021-D6F5A66E5A5B.jpeg
    88FD4A33-6A78-417E-9021-D6F5A66E5A5B.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
If nappy slow cloth can be made to play fast, there wouldn't be a market for fast sheer cloth.

You want fast cloth, buy fast cloth. :thumbup:

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
try starch and an iron just watch the temp works okay. or use super slick car wax takes months for the balls to slow down. local shop polishes balls for $10 and uses a crazy brand of wax on them to make ultra shinny but its skid central for months till they play right.

best buy the right cloth and the game and all the hard training to get better will pay off in the end