Played pool today. Some info.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I really really would love to share the information with you. But I really really don't like sharing that kind of info online. For all I know a serial killer could get ahold of the info and rape me.

OMG OMG OMG IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

I mean, "Hey, how you dooooin?"

I'm glad you were able to go out and play pool, but I will just keep playing at home (I'm lucky to have that choice) as it's a little too soon for me to be near randoms. I hope you had fun all the same but cabin fever is safer than the other type.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I have a feeling those that are itching to play pool are also itching to kiss and hug up one another.

They just can't wait to shake hands with everyone like they are running for mayor.

A pool hall have many of these types. I know I will no longer shake hands anymore. This is the new norm.

Do you ever grow tired of posting this nonsense? Clearly not

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting of your experience. I am getting the urge to play also. Don't let the know-it-alls here get to you.

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a feeling those that are itching to play pool are also itching to kiss and hug up one another.

They just can't wait to shake hands with everyone like they are running for mayor.

A pool hall have many of these types. I know I will no longer shake hands anymore. This is the new norm.

Speaking of shaking hands - anybody else beside me notice how many guys don’t wash their hands when leaving a restroom? Way too many. I hope that those guys will permanently change their behavior after this pandemic is over. I have preferred to dap instead of shaking hands for several years. I agree, shaking hands will probably fall out of favor. Corona virus numbers are relatively low in Japan - maybe because their culture does not involve greeting by physical touching?

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of shaking hands - anybody else beside me notice how many guys don’t wash their hands when leaving a restroom? Way too many. I hope that those guys will permanently change their behavior after this pandemic is over. I have preferred to dap instead of shaking hands for several years. I agree, shaking hands will probably fall out of favor. Corona virus numbers are relatively low in Japan - maybe because their culture does not involve greeting by physical touching?

Americans like to hug we need to get that out of our social norms. A handshake will do just fine, pre-coronavirus, but now it's not ok.

I remember meeting women for the first time and it always seems to be a hug. "I like to introduce you to Stacy...." immediate hug follows. Why? I just shake their hands.

No more handshake. It's the new norm.

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Americans like to hug we need to get that out of our social norms. A handshake will do just fine, pre-coronavirus, but now it's not ok.

I remember meeting women for the first time and it always seems to be a hug. "I like to introduce you to Stacy...." immediate hug follows. Why? I just shake their hands.

Yea - the handshake has to go - I would guess that a hand shake ( how long since that person washed their hands?) is much more likely to spread germs than a hug.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always wash my hands when leaving a restroom...but I can't help thinking how dirty the faucet handles are.......

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are right about making up your own mind.

And people can decide to do recreational things.

Some recreational things pose risk to the performer.

Accepting & declining the risk is an individual decision.

Got it.....but folks, this ain’t the same thing in any sense.

Wanna sky dive, go for it but if your chute doesn’t open, don’t land on me.

You see when you screw up in your recreational endeavors,
the risk is generally all yours. But not with COVID since if and
when you are wrong, you will become asymptomatic for weeks.
Then before being diagnosed with Coronavirus, you’d pose really
unnecessary risk to infecting others. And that is a decision you
are not entitled to make. If you infect me, I never got to say “No”.

When your actions affect others, and with COVID that’s more true than
you might want to admit, then you pose a threat and it resulted selfishly.
If you live in a rural or remote area, just stay there but social distancing
must be followed when out & around others regardless.....it’s common sense.

This is exactly right.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man!
It is gonna take a LOT of retraining to do business with folks without the handshake to seal the deal...
A lifetime of habit is pretty tough to discard, especially when it is a valued gesture of sincerity...

(Old school rearing)

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yea - the handshake has to go - I would guess that a hand shake ( how long since that person washed their hands?) is much more likely to spread germs than a hug.

What have we come to...?

Attachments

• C2CF25FF-20B7-41CD-888B-57A09AAA7F99.jpeg
    C2CF25FF-20B7-41CD-888B-57A09AAA7F99.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 104

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to laugh at the Asians wearing masks as if they considered their lips genitals but jokes on everybody now. Now it's go with the flow.

megatron69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So our pool hall opened up today. I went and played 2 games. They are spacing everyone out. Me and 3 other people were there. At least one of the guy's worked there. But they all knew each other.

The bar box coin operated pool tables they have only take coins. No dollar bills and no cards. The 8 ball leagues will start in the fall around September October. That is when they normally start. The pool hall has around 12 or so bar box 7 footer table and 3 9 footers.

The handicapping system for leagues is a point system. So no ball remove or stuff like that.

Good for you. Hope you had fun. Don't listen to the doom and gloom club. I can't wait for the bars and pool halls to open up around here. Your post gives me a little more hope.

megatron69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jfc you're such a little girl . . .