Ernesto Dominguez; Some or his work.

T411

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ernesto Dominguez; Some of his work.

This is some work done by Ernesto Dominguez. He put new rubber on the rails of my table so the pockets could be cut tight. They are cut to 4 inches. Many of you may already know; Ernesto does great work.

Attachments

• Picture 004.JPE
    Picture 004.JPE
    30.1 KB · Views: 993
  • Picture 005.JPE
    Picture 005.JPE
    29.1 KB · Views: 871
  • Picture 006.JPE
    Picture 006.JPE
    28.8 KB · Views: 841
  • Picture 009.JPE
    Picture 009.JPE
    29.5 KB · Views: 777
Last edited:

T411

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The side pockets are cut to 4 3/4 inches. Sorry I got the pictures mixed-up; this is obviously the corner pocket.

Attachments

• Picture 002.JPE
    Picture 002.JPE
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,600
Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
T411 said:
The side pockets are cut to 4 3/4 inches. Sorry I got the pictures mixed-up; this is obviously the corner pocket.

Ernesto and Oscar did my table too, Siomonis and Artemis - a fantastic job. Plus they are just great people to work with and to know.

I think 4 3/4 for the sides is perfect. My sides are a little tighter and it takes away some shots. Despite the 4" corners, my table drops shots well. I've seen other tables with 4" corners spit balls out that mine will easily take.

Chris

T411

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TATE said:
Ernesto and Oscar did my table too, Siomonis and Artemis - a fantastic job. Plus they are just great people to work with and to know.

I think 4 3/4 for the sides is perfect. My sides are a little tighter and it takes away some shots. Despite the 4" corners, my table drops shots well. I've seen other tables with 4" corners spit balls out that mine will easily take.

Chris

Yea TATE, my table was triple shimmed before Ernesto & Oscar did their work. It definitely plays much better now. Ernesto cuts the rubber to the correct angle for the balls to drop.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
T411 said:
Yea TATE, my table was triple shimmed before Ernesto & Oscar did their work. It definitely plays much better now. Ernesto cuts the rubber to the correct angle for the balls to drop.

Where are you located? Are you nearby?

T411

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TATE said:
Where are you located? Are you nearby?

No, actually I am in New Mexico; a bit of a drive to LA but I go out to California a few times a year. My dad made a trip out there a couple of weeks ago and I sent my rails with him so Ernesto could work them.

NoShow33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have a phone number for Ernesto? I would like to talk to him about setting up my table.
Thanks

justnick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
number

NoShow33 said:
Does anyone have a phone number for Ernesto? I would like to talk to him about setting up my table.
Thanks

call hardtimes in La there the one who gave me his number...

realkingcobra

Silver Member
T411 said:
And what angle might that be?

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
hangemhigh said:
Only a master table mechanic would know the answer to that question.
I AM a master billiards technician, and this is a picture of a Diamond corner pocket with an opening of 4 1/4" with a miter of 141 degrees with a down angle of 12 degrees, and I don't install Artimus K66 cushions on Diamond or Brunswick tables like Ernesto does, I install the Artimus Intercontinental K55 rubber, which is what they're suppose to have.

Attachments

• Diamond Tight Pockets (153) - Copy.JPG
    Diamond Tight Pockets (153) - Copy.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,305

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm familiar with Ernesto's work, I've followed behind him a few times and straightened out a few tables he'd worked on already. Not knocking his work, but I don't support installing the wrong cushions on Diamond or Brunswick tables. You don't lower down the Artimus K66 cushions to the correct height of 1 7/16" of an inch, then belt sand off the 1/8th inch lip it leaves on the top edge of the sub-rail to make it flush with the installed cushions, then leave the playing surface at 50 1/4" x 100 1/4". You install the correct cushions for these tables being the Artimus Intercontinental K55 cushions because they are 1 1/4" wide which matches the playing surface. The Artimus K66 cushions are 1 1/8" inches wide, which grows the playing surface by 1/4" inch in both directions.

Glen, the Realkingcobra.

oldneo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
realkingcobra said:
I'm familiar with Ernesto's work, I've followed behind him a few times and straightened out a few tables he'd worked on already. Not knocking his work, but I don't support installing the wrong cushions on Diamond or Brunswick tables. You don't lower down the Artimus K66 cushions to the correct height of 1 7/16" of an inch, then belt sand off the 1/8th inch lip it leaves on the top edge of the sub-rail to make it flush with the installed cushions, then leave the playing surface at 50 1/4" x 100 1/4". You install the correct cushions for these tables being the Artimus Intercontinental K55 cushions because they are 1 1/4" wide which matches the playing surface. The Artimus K66 cushions are 1 1/8" inches wide, which grows the playing surface by 1/4" inch in both directions.

Glen, the Realkingcobra.

I don't know what all that means but when I do get a table I'm calling you because to me it seems like you got the knowledge and the skills :D

Last edited:

Post First

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is exactly the reason people hate forums..there is always someone bigger ,badder, and better ready to knock you down...get a life ...and if your business was all that then you wouldnt have to blow your own horn.....

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Post First said:
this is exactly the reason people hate forums..there is always someone bigger ,badder, and better ready to knock you down...get a life ...and if your business was all that then you wouldnt have to blow your own horn.....
I guess then that you don't know much about me...do you? I have a life, I have a business, in fact, several of them. I just think that when profesionals do a job, they should be professional at that job...wouldn't you agree?

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Post First said:
this is exactly the reason people hate forums../QUOTE]

You come on here with a grand total of 15 posts, and can speak for all the people on AZ as to why they hate forums? Hmmm, I have nothing against Ernesto, in-fact I think he does some of the best work out here on Brunswick tables. I certainly don't need to take any work from him, nor would I. I have a great respect for the man, and I've never even met him. I just would like to see him make a few changes in some of the work he does, maybe he don't even realize what some of them changes are, unless someone says something first. I don't need to knock him for points for myself, I have enough accomplishments of my own. So, I think you need to do some more reading and posting before you try jumping on me. I AM one of the most respected Master Billiards Technicians in this country! What do you do, and what have you done...play pool?

Glen

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
realkingcobra said:
Post First said:
this is exactly the reason people hate forums../QUOTE]

You come on here with a grand total of 15 posts, and can speak for all the people on AZ as to why they hate forums? Hmmm, I have nothing against Ernesto, in-fact I think he does some of the best work out here on Brunswick tables. I certainly don't need to take any work from him, nor would I. I have a great respect for the man, and I've never even met him. I just would like to see him make a few changes in some of the work he does, maybe he don't even realize what some of them changes are, unless someone says something first. I don't need to knock him for points for myself, I have enough accomplishments of my own. So, I think you need to do some more reading and posting before you try jumping on me. I AM one of the most respected Master Billiards Technicians in this country! What do you do, and what have you done...play pool?

Glen

Well said cobra, and to the idea that the reason people hate forums because there is always someone bigger and badder, that just isn't forums buddy that is life in EVERYTHING. Because guess what? There IS always someone bigger, or badder, or better. Those people who hate that, don't just hate in on forums, that hate it in life as well. I could almost see you posting something in regards to king cobra's technical response to table work, if YOU had an equally technical rebuttal, however, not only did you not have a technical rebuttal, you had NO rebuttal. Just an attitude of, oh look at God's gift to pool tables. And sir, you just maybe right.

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
realkingcobra said:

If you have a problem with Ernesto's work, take it up with him. He's not on here to defend himself. I think you are a spineless jerk who's full of himself. Ernesto is also one of the most respected technicians in the country. Ask around.

Last edited:

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RunoutalloverU said:
Well said cobra, and to the idea that the reason people hate forums because there is always someone bigger and badder, that just isn't forums buddy that is life in EVERYTHING. Because guess what? There IS always someone bigger, or badder, or better. Those people who hate that, don't just hate in on forums, that hate it in life as well. I could almost see you posting something in regards to king cobra's technical response to table work, if YOU had an equally technical rebuttal, however, not only did you not have a technical rebuttal, you had NO rebuttal. Just an attitude of, oh look at God's gift to pool tables. And sir, you just maybe right.

Careful your nose is getting brown.