Rich Qs Brochure

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Several people have asked for scans of the Rich Q brochure I posted in a cue identification post. So, I figured it would be easier to just attach it to a new thread and let everyone download it, if they want.

RichQ1.jpg

RichQ2.jpg

RichQ3.jpg

RichQ4.jpg

Josh

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If anybody has a date on this, please post it!

Backpocket 1500

AzB Active Member
That eBay cue was the Stingray Jet, thanks for the JPEGs.
I missed the auction, can anyone tell me the final selling price?

ekb6760

Misplaced Texan
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you. I have 5 or 6 cues I need to identify. This will help a lot.

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for posting! I am Rich family cues aficionado (Issy, Abe, and Saul) who has done the Wikipedia article about them, greatly aided by Abe's nephew Howard, who is stilling selling NOS Florida and Star cues by Abe on eBay. The subject gets confusing, and I was able to correct the longstanding notion, perpetuated in the Blue Book, that Rich cues were from Freeport, whereas as this brochure affirms, they were made in Valley Stream. Now I've got to correct the spelling of "Saul's" name. Sol! I guess he knew how to spell it!

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I think the only way to even asses a date would be using the old phone number format. The phone number format shown as the new number, and seeing the old phone number format would date the original brochure sometime before 66-67. They could have handed is brochure out for years after that with the old phone number format.

JV

nickgeo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Memory

Hi,
I purchased 29-B in 1972 or 73 at Blatt Billiards in NYC after my '69 Plymouth Satellite with my Hoppe in the trunk was stolen parked in Flatbush. I still have the Rich Cue, the other are gone forever.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the only way to even asses a date would be using the old phone number format. The phone number format shown as the new number, and seeing the old phone number format would date the original brochure sometime before 66-67. They could have handed is brochure out for years after that with the old phone number format.

JV

Excellent observation.

The change happened slowly though, I don't know when that particular area changed to numbers.

Do you base that on knowledge of when that particular area changed?

Some areas used letters into the 1980's I think.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Thinking about starting a small resource website dedicated to cue brochures.

Thoughts?

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had that 'Mustang' model a looong time ago, shaft was warped, had a shaft made for it.
Played pretty good... traded for a Palmer, which I wish I still had !

All those cues ago....

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Thinking about starting a small resource website dedicated to cue brochures.

Thoughts?

I always like looking at that sort of thing. Some threads here did attempt that sort of thing, but not necessarily organized by cue maker. Below is an example.

Sounds like you may be thinking of another website, not just a thread. It might make a nice repository.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=456210

Last edited: