dedicating my life to bar tables. only one problem??

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well I have made my decision. no more 9 foot tables for me. do not like them, too long, too wide, I play like crap on them. can't see long shots, ect, ect. so im going to be a bar room player. going to give it my all. have a 7 footer at home, practicing every day.

only one major problem with my decision. DRUNKS AT THE BAR!!!!

I dont drink anymore, not a drop. and when your sober in a room full of drinkers, it changes things. try to play a game, and the drunk guy wants to shake your hand, wants to hug me, touch me, talk to me invading my personal space. freaking sucks. but its where it will be for me only playing bar tables. I know that. but it sucks.

went to the moose lodge by my house. nice place, nice bar, nice valley table (which I want to get used to playing on, as most bars have a valley table.) figured what can go wrong at a moose hall?????? older people, nice people, grandmas and grandpas.

well I walk in, and jimmy and sally his girlfriend are on the table. so I play jimmy first, and Jimmys toasted. he wants to touch me, he's loud, singing, and im like WTF. but he's a good player, so I put up with him. I beat him and now im playing sally. Sally its also pretty good, but she's dancing, singing into her cue stick, and im like JUST PLAY THE DAM GAME SALLY!!!!!!

during me and Sallys game, jimmy comes back with 3 shots. he buys me one with out asking, and I say jimmy I dont drink, which seems to piss him off a little.

so I finish off sally by making the 8 ball, and I just left.

I guess drunks come with the only playing on bar tables:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well I have made my decision. no more 9 foot tables for me. do not like them, too long, too wide, I play like crap on them. can't see long shots, ect, ect. so im going to be a bar room player. going to give it my all. have a 7 footer at home, practicing every day.

I dont drink anymore, not a drop. and when your sober in a room full of drinkers, it changes things. try to play a game, and the drunk guy wants to shake your hand, wants to hug me, touch me, talk to me invading my personal space. freaking sucks. but its where it will be for me only playing bar tables. I know that. but it sucks.

went to the moose lodge by my house. nice place, nice bar, nice valley table (which I want to get used to playing on, as most bars have a valley table.) figured what can go wrong at a moose hall?????? older people, nice people, grandmas and grandpas.

well I walk in, and jimmy and sally his girlfriend are on the table. so I play jimmy first, and Jimmys toasted. he wants to touch me, he's loud, singing, and im like WTF. but he's a good player, so I put up with him. I beat him and now im playing sally. Sally its also pretty good, but she's dancing, singing into her cue stick, and im like JUST PLAY THE DAM GAME SALLY!!!!!!

during me and Sallys game, jimmy comes back with 3 shots. he buys me one with out asking, and I say jimmy I dont drink, which seems to piss him off a little.

I guess drunks come with the only playing on bar tables:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
It looks likes you gonna have to start drankin' again, cheers!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

LOL....................., oh, I forgot to say LOL.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A bar is a place for drinking. The pool tables in a bar exist to entertain a drinker. A serious pool player in a bar is a fish out of water often ruining the fun of regular bar patrons, unless it is hosting leagues or a tournament. If you get good enough, it ought to not be fun for you either. I think you’re just experiencing that first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some pool halls have 7' and/or coin-op tables. Check for them if the bar atmosphere isn't for you. Like the guy above me wrote, a bar is for drinking.

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol. I guess I will have to start drinking again. good point about being serious in a bar. I take every game I can get as experience, dont care if its drunk sally or not. im learning to play in a packed place, getting over nerves, playing my game, making me a better player.

jimmy was a typical bar player. hitting too hard, not thinking about his next shot. its good for me to play Guys like that.

I guess no more cranberry drinks for me. will have to start putting vodka in my drinks.

and the three shots jimmy bought were 4 bucks each. about 4 fingers in each glass.:cool:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
bar tables....

LightFoolishClingfish-small.gif

indiana slim

Registered
I used to have the same problem, find a place that is open during the day. I very rarely go out on the weekends, like you say there are way too many drunks and even the guys that will give you a decent game are usually to messed up to care. Another good way to go is to find a place that has Friday night tournaments, the serious players wont drink and that's the best time to get the toughest competition.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do I call drunks at the bar wanting to play pool? Victims.
I get charged neither for pool playing nor drinking--I make the victims pay.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
What do I call drunks at the bar wanting to play pool? Victims.
I get charged neither for pool playing nor drinking--I make the victims pay.

Rolling drunks is no way to go through life, son. (Apologies to the "Animal House" screenwriter) :thumbup:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I suck on the big tables too... Think I will just give them up also...

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol. I guess I will have to start drinking again. good point about being serious in a bar. I take every game I can get as experience, dont care if its drunk sally or not. im learning to play in a packed place, getting over nerves, playing my game, making me a better player.

jimmy was a typical bar player. hitting too hard, not thinking about his next shot. its good for me to play Guys like that.

I guess no more cranberry drinks for me. will have to start putting vodka in my drinks.

and the three shots jimmy bought were 4 bucks each. about 4 fingers in each glass.:cool:

If your not careful, you may end up a serious "drinker" rather than a serious player.

I've known more than one person that went that way. Sounds funny but it's really not a place you want to learn anything pool.

If you learn to play with alcohol involved, well, you better plan on keeping a drink in hand at all times:

Because we all play "the way" we practice. Very serious subject for "any" serious pool player.

Rake

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suck on the big tables too... Think I will just give them up also...

Same here but it's to late, the big table is already in my house and I put way to much time into convincing the wife "we"....lol..... needed a 9' pool table and the remodel to house that it required.

That's reason enough to keep suffering on big table. That and I don't want to hear her say:

"I told you so"......

Rake