Played pool today. Some info.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So our pool hall opened up today. I went and played 2 games. They are spacing everyone out. Me and 3 other people were there. At least one of the guy's worked there. But they all knew each other.

The bar box coin operated pool tables they have only take coins. No dollar bills and no cards. The 8 ball leagues will start in the fall around September October. That is when they normally start. The pool hall has around 12 or so bar box 7 footer table and 3 9 footers.

The handicapping system for leagues is a point system. So no ball remove or stuff like that.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So our pool hall opened up today. I went and played 2 games. They are spacing everyone out. Me and 3 other people were there. At least one of the guy's worked there. But they all knew each other.

The bar box coin operated pool tables they have only take coins. No dollar bills and no cards. The 8 ball leagues will start in the fall around September October. That is when they normally start. The pool hall has around 12 or so bar box 7 footer table and 3 9 footers.

The handicapping system for leagues is a point system. So no ball remove or stuff like that.

Thanks for the update.

My dog is currently barking, and the recycle needs taken out.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stay home.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We’ve waited this long & want to get back to playing pool so it really comes down to this.

Is your life, or all the difficulty and hardship from becoming infected, or worse bringing it home to others
less important in the overall scheme of things, i.e., life, than playing some pool cuz you got the itch to play?

More fellow Americans died in the last 90 days than the Viet Nam War. IMO, pool can wait til this is behind us.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
We’ve waited this long & want to get back to playing pool so it really comes down to this.

Is your life, or all the difficulty and hardship from becoming infected, or worse bringing it home to others
less important in the overall scheme of things, i.e., life, than playing some pool cuz you got the itch to play?

More fellow Americans died in the last 90 days than the Viet Nam War. IMO, pool can wait til this is behind us.

People take chances with their live daily, I live in an age restricted community. Old people drive bad. My next door neighbor turns 98 in a few months, she still drives.

Just have to be careful, and more alert when driving in areas with large population of Seniors.

Some people do thing for recreation that are dangerious, Surfing, Sky Diving, Scub Diving, the list is long. But they know the risks. People enjoy these activities. Hell even Fly Fishing is dangerious, could drowned wading in a river.

Can not stop adults from enjoying their lives.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am an adult I can make up my own mind.

what are stats in your area?

Population density?
Confirmed cases?
Deaths?
Recovered?

Some areas have got to be relatively untouched by he virus.

I really really would love to share the information with you. But I really really don't like sharing that kind of info online. For all I know a serial killer could get ahold of the info and rape me.

Anyways lets just say 1 active case at the moment where I live and less than 15 total cases where I live. 1 death where I live.

If I lived in new york or california sure I would be more worried. But when I go and play pool and bowl and run into like 15 people total at both places including my lyft drivers. And I am wearing gloves and a mask and when I get back home everything gets rubbing alcohol all over it. And I am staying 6 feet apart. I am taking ever precaution.

I also do the same when I shop. And by the way I shopped and I ran into about the same number of people in my 15 minutes of shopping as the hours playing games.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are right about making up your own mind.

And people can decide to do recreational things.

Some recreational things pose risk to the performer.

Accepting & declining the risk is an individual decision.

Got it.....but folks, this ain’t the same thing in any sense.

Wanna sky dive, go for it but if your chute doesn’t open, don’t land on me.

You see when you screw up in your recreational endeavors,
the risk is generally all yours. But not with COVID since if and
when you are wrong, you will become asymptomatic for weeks.
Then before being diagnosed with Coronavirus, you’d pose really
unnecessary risk to infecting others. And that is a decision you
are not entitled to make. If you infect me, I never got to say “No”.

When your actions affect others, and with COVID that’s more true than
you might want to admit, then you pose a threat and it resulted selfishly.
If you live in a rural or remote area, just stay there but social distancing
must be followed when out & around others regardless.....it’s common sense.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a feeling those that are itching to play pool are also itching to kiss and hug up one another.

They just can't wait to shake hands with everyone like they are running for mayor.

A pool hall have many of these types. I know I will no longer shake hands anymore. This is the new norm.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got it.....but folks, this ain’t the same thing in any sense.

Wanna sky dive, go for it but if your chute doesn’t open, don’t land on me.

Well, there are 2 responses to this.

1. If you don't want to be landed on by a falling sky diver, don't stand in the landing zone. (i.e., if you don't feel safe, you are free to stay at home).
2. He gave the local statistics. They have had 1 death. How long should an entire area be locked down to be deemed "safe"?

I see you are in Fresno, and as he mentioned, if he were in a different area, it would definitely be a different story. But in his area, good for him for getting out and back to some form of normalcy.

Stay safe and hopefully we are all out doing whatever we wish in a new normal, responsible way.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I am always prepared for that with my lyft driver. Please share how you can find me? I am assuming you are going to track my IP address?

That would not be responsible information to share on an open forum. But you know that.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I am an adult I can make up my own mind.

You hit the nail smack on the head, saying I am an adult.. The people who will tell you your selfish, inconsiderate, or mean spirited, are what I call the guilt trip gang. They live in what if land, not were I live.

Ignor those Nuckelheads, they might not be able to find South or North Dakota on a maps of the U.S. State without the help of Google.

Bet if you wonder outside, look upward toward the Sky, I bet it's is not falling.

Don't listen to know nothing nut job, who only listen to the fake News Media. Or say I read it on the Internet.

Hope you enjoy yourself today.:thumbup:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 220

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
People take chances with their live daily, I live in an age restricted community. Old people drive bad. My next door neighbor turns 98 in a few months, she still drives.

Just have to be careful, and more alert when driving in areas with large population of Seniors.

Some people do thing for recreation that are dangerious, Surfing, Sky Diving, Scub Diving, the list is long. But they know the risks. People enjoy these activities. Hell even Fly Fishing is dangerious, could drowned wading in a river.

Can not stop adults from enjoying their lives.

Even more worrisome than drowning while fly fishing is getting eaten by a bear. Its safest to go fly fishing with a partner with whom you can outrun. :thumbup:
Remember, you do not need to outrun the bear, just the person you are with.