What color stack leather wrap for an ebony full-splice cue?

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
In your opinion, what color of stack leather wrap would look especially good on an ebony full-splice cue? The cue is the classic sneaky pete style.

Thanks.

Flex

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
CrownCityCorey said:
Not sure what an Ebony full-splice is. Got pics?

Here's one:

07-23-08_1043.jpg

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm thinking about going with a mixed penetration style using something like 75% cordovan and 25% black, or perhaps 75% tan/natural and 25% black.

Haven't made my mind up yet though.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Flex said:
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm thinking about going with a mixed penetration style using something like 75% cordovan and 25% black, or perhaps 75% tan/natural and 25% black.

Haven't made my mind up yet though.

You'd be best off by handing the cue over to whomever is going to do the wrap work and going with their recommendation. Only the installer knows, within reason, how the wrap will come out.

Do what research you need to find the best craftsman to suit your needs. I highly recommend Ryan (ratcues) or Elia at Tiger Products. There are many others, but it's hard to keep track of who is on/off the forums.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Dang, nice cue, simple beauty. Do not wrap it man. If you have to I would send it to Ryan and let him pic it for you to include color. Cork might look nice also.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
PROG8R said:
Dang, nice cue, simple beauty. Do not wrap it man. If you have to I would send it to Ryan and let him pic it for you to include color. Cork might look nice also.

Cork would definitely look nice, especially because it would be a more uniform color, like the rest of the handle.

pj
chgo

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
CrownCityCorey said:
You'd be best off by handing the cue over to whomever is going to do the wrap work and going with their recommendation. Only the installer knows, within reason, how the wrap will come out.

Do what research you need to find the best craftsman to suit your needs. I highly recommend Ryan (ratcues) or Elia at Tiger Products. There are many others, but it's hard to keep track of who is on/off the forums.

Thanks, Corey, for the suggestion.

However, I've already done four of them myself, and they all look fine.

I have plenty of leather so a redo won't be a problem for me, if it doesn't turn out to my liking.

My tendency is to go with cordovan and black. The cordovan ones I've done look great, IMHO. However, since the ebony has only a streak or two in it and is very subtle, I think cordovan with some black will look very rich.

After I do it, if it comes out to my liking, I'll post some pics.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Flex said:
Thanks, Corey, for the suggestion.

However, I've already done four of them myself, and they all look fine.

I have plenty of leather so a redo won't be a problem for me, if it doesn't turn out to my liking.

My tendency is to go with cordovan and black. The cordovan ones I've done look great, IMHO. However, since the ebony has only a streak or two in it and is very subtle, I think cordovan with some black will look very rich.

After I do it, if it comes out to my liking, I'll post some pics.

That is a burgandy/deep red type color right?

Seems I remember using it with black when getting a parade shine on my Cochran Jump Boots. Nice trick BTW. If you do this with linen please post a PIC so I can see what that would look like.

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
PROG8R said:
That is a burgandy/deep red type color right?

Seems I remember using it with black when getting a parade shine on my Cochran Jump Boots. Nice trick BTW. If you do this with linen please post a PIC so I can see what that would look like.

Yes, burgundy/very deep red.

Not planning on doing it with linen, just leather.