Mark Wilson

Stew_Pidaso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billiard Bullpen has closed down. Try contacting Cue & Cushion, they probably have a way of contacting him. 314-427-9267

Impact Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious...same Mark Wilson in the old Efren/Earl HK Color Of Money host?

(been watching that lately)

iapoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard Mark sold his place and was just consentrateing on giving lessons along with his duties wth the womens PRO's

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stew_Pidaso said:
Billiard Bullpen has closed down. Try contacting Cue & Cushion, they probably have a way of contacting him. 314-427-9267

Sorry to hear that. It was a small room but friendly atmosphere.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Impact Blue said:
Just curious...same Mark Wilson in the old Efren/Earl HK Color Of Money host?

(been watching that lately)

Yes.............

Impact Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JimS said:
Yes.............

That's awesome. I've heard really great things about his clinics and private instruction.

It's funny to know that he reminds me of my old nervous calculus teacher I had in high school.

Yukon Ed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been to his former room. I hate to say it but, if that room can't survive, it's a miracle any room can. Located in a thriving pool area with plenty of great players, husband and wife room owners that really care about their customers (going as far as arranging a safe trip home, etc.), a built-in house pro that is regarded as probably the best instructor in the business, nice snack bar with great coffee, expert equipment advice, and the list goes on and on.

If this was a business, not personal, decision to close—it's a sad day for our sport.

Billiardly yours,
Yukon Ed

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
I have to say if you get a chance to work with Mark Wilson definitely take advantage of it. He is a great instructor and a great friend. I've worked with him on and off for the past 16 years. He is the most understanding instructor you will ever find. As I have said before, he doesn't try to make "cookie-cutter" pool players. He understands everyone has done things a certain way or have certain body shapes. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he is an awesome instructor!

Sarah

JimS

Silver Member
I've heard that Mark continues to offer instruction. Any details?

Seneca Steve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really sad to hear that the Bullpen closed. I went there in 2004 and took private lessons from Mark. We really hit it off, great person. After three days with Mark it seemed we had known one another for years. Great instructor, he picked my game up at least a ball maybe more. If the bullpen had been in my neck of the woods I would have been a regular. Good luck to Mark in all his future endeavors.

JimS

Silver Member
Dave Nelson said:
Wasn't Mark Wilson at one time a regular columnist with BD?

Dave Nelson

Still is... last time I looked, but his once full page "column" is not just a column in a section on tips and answers to questions sent it.. or some such.

His column was the primary reason I read BD so I dammed near dropped my subscription when his full page column was dropped/changed. I was pissed at BD but then someone pointed out that maybe he wanted it changed so he'd have more time to work on his book.

Whatever. I'm still unhappy with the change. I love his precision approach to shooting pool. NO NONCHALANTIN!!!! :groucho: