cue collecting

king louie

Registered
if two cues were for sale by the same maker, one was an early work and the other current, which would be most desirable?

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I see that you're new here so maybe you aren't aware of this.
If you weren't happy with the wording of your post once submitted, you can always go back and 'edit' it rather than starting a duplicate post.

So much for the formalities, WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

Now, what inspired you to ask your question in this section?
You are aware that this is the 'Ask The Cue-Maker' section, right?
Maybe the 'Cue Gallery' or even the 'Main Forum' would get you the response from the collectors that you seek.

On the off-hand chance that you actually did want the response of a CM, I'd rather SELL an earlier made cue that I still had. It should be a better bargain for the buyer. As far as collectibility, it doesn't matter. A Bushka is a Bushka, generally speaking.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you take a long time cuemaker like Bill Stroud for instance. His older cue of the same complexity would be considered worth more to most collectors. The same goes for Richard Black, Bill Schick and so forth. Their current cues may be fancier and worth more, but normally the older the cue is the more it is worth for the fanciness of the cue, provided we are talking 20 plus years and not 2 or 3 years.

dave sutton

Banned
tim scruggs is a great example. older cues of tims arent worth as much as a new cue from tim even the forthe same exact cue just 30 years later