How much is a plain Jane south west worth?

imissedthe9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Friend has a plain Jane maple southwest from the 80's I believe. 2 shafts

Anyone know what they go for?

dakraljic

Banned
With two shafts if is from eighties 2235 $
Originally protectors from the same are would increase the worth of the cue for 175$
Hope this helps !!!
:):):)

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$1500 with one shaft.

I would never pay it.

I would rather pay the difference and get a "real" one.

I have a buddy that has a ton of them and old Southwest cues. He told me he never paid over $600 for ANY of them....

Ken

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it one of the plain "pacifier cues" that they did? Or "satin" I think they are also called. I think last one I saw for sale had a 1k asking price or maybe that was the offer price for a guy looking for one.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Is it one of the plain "pacifier cues" that they did? Or "satin" I think they are also called. I think last one I saw for sale had a 1k asking price or maybe that was the offer price for a guy looking for one.

I think what you mean if its a Satin/Pacifier or a Plain Jane.

Satin and Pacifier are the same thing, it's the cue SW sold to their waiting customers to Pacify them whilst waiting and the cue had a Satin like finish to it. Very simple cue with no fancy stitch ring at all.

A Plain Jane however IS a proper Southwest Cue. It is by no means a Pacifier thus is is more expensive. The 2 ways to spot a Plain Jane from a Pacifier is to identify the Ringwork and Finishing (if Original).
If you see a Stitch Ring on the cue at any one of the positions then it's a Plain Jane.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member

I had one like that a few months back and sold it and mine was a proper Plain Jane. Read what I wrote in my earlier post to identify a plain jane or a pacifier.

It really depends on the condition of the cue if its all Original and untouched by another cue maker, comes with LOA from Laurie, weight of cue, Straightness of a cue and Size of Shaft (there were alot in the 12.2-12.6mm range and it isn't that popular now).

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

$281 Delivered - Thats what i paid new for mine a maple plane jane with wrap and two shafts, I will let your friend out for the same money. Let me know elvi ;);););):thumbup:

imissedthe9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think what you mean if its a Satin/Pacifier or a Plain Jane.

Satin and Pacifier are the same thing, it's the cue SW sold to their waiting customers to Pacify them whilst waiting and the cue had a Satin like finish to it. Very simple cue with no fancy stitch ring at all.

A Plain Jane however IS a proper Southwest Cue. It is by no means a Pacifier thus is is more expensive. The 2 ways to spot a Plain Jane from a Pacifier is to identify the Ringwork and Finishing (if Original).
If you see a Stitch Ring on the cue at any one of the positions then it's a Plain Jane.

Thanks for the info. From what you've described. It is a plain Jane. It has the southwest style ring work. Thanks