What is the score of the Darren Shane match?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's not overlook, in all the other drama surrounding the tournament, that Shane defeated Darren finally.
Wasn't there a streak going of Darren over Shane?
Also does anyone know the final score of the match?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious if Darren is keeping the winning streak alive or if Shane can finally break it.

Here are wins by Darren I can find . Must have missed out a few others

Aug2014-World 14.1 Darren
WCOP Darren/Boyes beat Shane/Strickland
Nov14 - Accustats MIH 8 b- Darren 10-7
Oct14-COC Darren 9b 5-3,2-5,1-0
1Dec14-MC Darren 5-3
4Dec14-MC Darren 5-2

Whatever it is Darren has superior H2H over Shane

Thanks

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Here are wins by Darren I can find . Must have missed out a few others

Aug2014-World 14.1 Darren
WCOP Darren/Boyes beat Shane/Strickland
Nov14 - Accustats MIH 8 b- Darren 10-7
Oct14-COC Darren 9b 5-3,2-5,1-0
1Dec14-MC Darren 5-3
4Dec14-MC Darren 5-2

Whatever it is Darren has superior H2H over Shane

Thanks

Superior H2H for 2014, not overall pool career.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Superior H2H for 2014, not overall pool career.

Yes those are recent H2H
But I am not sure Shane has better H2H overall . Shane did beat Darren on some long races TAR
Why don't you show us overall H2H stats? Or are you just guessing ?
:grin:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What about the many Rumrunner' tournaments that Shane has not only beaten Darren, he's also double dipped him several times as well:D

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This sounds like a job for At Large-the resident stat superman around these parts. :thumbup:

To try to develop any sort of complete list of their encounters would be difficult at best. But Darren is a bit of a personal-stats guy, so I have sent him a PM asking whether he keeps any such records.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, Darren Appleton answered my PM very promptly. So here is my message to him and his response regarding his career head-to-head record against Shane Van Boening.

dynamite said:
AtLarge said:
Hi, Darren.

It's nice that fans or other players in pro snooker can easily look up head-to-head results for one player vs. another. But we don't have anything like that in pro pool.

In a current thread on AzB (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=5165430#post5165430), members are talking about your head-to-head record with Shane, and the fact that his victory this past weekend in Beloit may have ended quite a long streak of wins for you.

Since I post a lot of stats on AzB, someone suggested that I try to figure out that head-to-head record -- you vs. Shane, and not just recently but going back in time. But I remember from another thread not long ago that you are something of a stats guy for your own play. So I thought I might just ask whether you also keep track of your record against other individual players. Do you? If so, would you mind sharing your head-to-head results with Shane going back as far as you are able to?

If you have such information, you could either inform me, and I would post it, or you could post it yourself directly in that thread I mentioned above.

Either way, thanks in advance.

thanks the score is 29-18 to me includes doubles dips results and 2 challenge matches we played.bar table big table one pocket mosconi cup singles. two 3 man ring games. 14.1 10ball 8ball 9ball.

team matches mosconi doubles etc 6-4 to me thats separate.

10ball. 5-5 me
9ball 12-8 me.
8ball 5-2 me.
14.1 1-1
one pocket 2-2
speed pool 10ball 1-0 me
ring game 3 man 2-0me.
world cup doubles 1-0 me.
bar table matches we even.
so including doubles 35-22. might be one or two missing but i pretty much spot on.

didn't realize we played so much crazy.. all in 6-7 years really a lot the past few years..

we played in..8 finals 4-4.

darren.