Your favorite cue builder, if you can only have one cue you have played with

mr8ball

I have tried lots of cues over the years and to me if you dont feel it with in a few hits of a ball its no good to you. Everyone has the one they like the best. With that being said I will stick with my Jacoby with the Edge Hybird shaft. I am by far no top player but I do know a good hit for me.

Chaspool2017

Registered
Back in the sport, just picked up a Bud Diehl cue. Person I bought it from is high level player and the Bud cue apparently hits similar to Espiritu brand. I love it, hits very solid and firm, balance is amazing in my hands. Bud Diehl is cue maker in Allentown, PA.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
As of last week and on into the unknown future, I confess (with pride) that Mr. Michael Smith of Rack Runner Cues serious has his stuff together in a big league way. My New favorite.

Lesh

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
To those who have played a lot of custom cues: who makes the best balanced cue? One that feels like there is nothing in your hand no matter the weight.

I'll take that one.

Try a Gulyassy...mine feels like it's about 17 oz, but it's really over 19. Hits best of anything I've ever tried. Really remarkable.

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

I like to try new cues and so far Bob Dzuricky from DZ CUES made me best hitting cue. It has that feeling... as soon as you aim you know where its going...

Other than that Mezz with wavy pin and ExPro shaft play better than most custom cues I used.

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greg Kucharski out of CT. makes a great hitting cue for the money! I knew after hitting just a couple shots with mine that it was the cue for me. Stuck my Schon in a spare case and sold it without a second thought. I've never owned any super high end customs I've had a couple of sneakys from local builders and a Coker + a number of production cues...maybe one day I will order a cue exactly to my specs and design but it's hard to even think about setting my GK aside....

cajunfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Favorites

I never thought anyone could replace the hit of my Clay Etheridge Showcase Hustler from 1984/85. Gary Medlin of GEM Cues(winners07here on AZ), is my Favorite. Has been since 1993 when my cue was delivered to me at the Billiard Congress. Only two other cues have met that standard, an Ivory Jointed Tascarella and a Stainless Steel Jointed Dennis Kepley Titlist Conversion. After that, Nubs Wagner of Nova Cues.

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to say just one. Josh Treadway, Andy Gilbert, and or Mike Durbin. All are awesome builders of fantastic playing cues!