What to do with a warped Huebler

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew it was warped when I bought it. Wanted the case. So now I have a case I am fixing which will be worth what I paid for the whole package.

The warp is in the butt. Rolling it shows the joint come off the table enough the ringwork has light below.

I would like to find a butt to replace this one so I can shoot with it. Does not have to be a Huebner. Just would like to find something using the old 5/16x18 tjat might come close to the hit people remember from their old Hueblers

Thanks

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I knew it was warped when I bought it. Wanted the case. So now I have a case I am fixing which will be worth what I paid for the whole package.

The warp is in the butt. Rolling it shows the joint come off the table enough the ringwork has light below.

I would like to find a butt to replace this one so I can shoot with it. Does not have to be a Huebner. Just would like to find something using the old 5/16x18 tjat might come close to the hit people remember from their old Hueblers

Thanks

A warp like that in the butt is often a problem when trying to sell a cue, but generally not a problem when playing pool with it. Give it a try; it might be what you're looking for.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need more info on the butt to know if it's worth fixing , a handle and rewrap is about 150 ,

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Unless it is a banana play with it. And could be the A joint. Doesn't sound like it is all that bad, so I'd use it.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
The way you talk about the Warp it seems minor. A minor Warp in the butt has pretty much zero practical effect in playing. Forget you ever saw it and keep playing.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Which joint? A-joint, shaft joint, where?

A-joint is for cue nerds...the average pool player means where the shaft meets the butt.
....I know it is for me.
If I liked the cue, I’d have the fore-arm replaced....I’ve done it.

pt....aint playin’ with no crooked cue...doesn’t like built-in excuses

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A-joint is for cue nerds...the average pool player means where the shaft meets the butt.
....I know it is for me.
If I liked the cue, I’d have the fore-arm replaced....I’ve done it.

pt....aint playin’ with no crooked cue...doesn’t like built-in excuses
I think most people on this forum know what an A-joint is. Not all but most.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Need more info on the butt to know if it's worth fixing , a handle and rewrap is about 150 ,

A new handle AND rewrap for $150?? Did I read that right?

No maker I know would do that repair for that cheap and I wouldn't go to anyone who would unless I knew them personally and they were doing me a favor. You'd get what you pay for...

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allmost impossible to answer without pictures, or even better, seeing the actual cue. But if the wobble comes from the A-joint (where the forearm meets the handle) it's most likely fixable. The problems with repairs like this is that it's fairly expensive and you run into the problem of cost vs value. It's a personal call, the cue might hold more value to you, than it's really worth, it might also be that a well done repair will increase the value quite a bit. Anyways, find someone with the knowhow to do things properly.

Last edited: