Want to rent a tad cue!!! :) :)

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
114   1   0
Hi all,

This very well might be the first "Want to Rent" thread on AZB...or, at least, the first I've seen!! :) :)

I'm still strongly interested in a Tad cue...and will likely try to find one at Valley Forge this coming Spring.

I figured, though, that I would probably be wise to try one out and make sure that the size/dimensions/hit is what I'm after.

I know I love the way they look. I know I like everything I've heard about them and their playability. I think I've hit a couple balls with one a couple/few years back...but I'd like to give one a few days in court before I make up my mind.

If somebody out there has a Tad player they'd be willing to let me try out for a couple weeks, I'd be more than happy to cover shipping costs (both ways) and compensate the owner for their time and trouble.

I take care of my cues (and other people's cues, too)...and can promise that your cue would be safe, sound, and out of harm's way.

I feel as though I should do my homework before I buy one...and thought THIS would be the best place to try for a test drive.

Thanks much for your time, PM me if you have one I could take for a spin, and a VERY Merry X-mas and Happy New Year to you all.

Mark

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've thought of this before, and I actually was going to ask someone like Tommie or Joe who sells cues to open up that kind of a market. That is a very good idea and I think it would help a great deal of people to understand a wider range of cues and makers. There are issues with that idea, but once we have established trust, it is a win-win for both sides.

I myself have never hit a Tad or Searing, or many others, and would also love the opportunity to try it out. One of the reasons for Shawn Smith's idea for the AZ build off was for people to try out cues that normally would've taken years and $$$$$$.

I think that there is a market for 'cue rental' just the same as you would rent a tool from Home Depot

Collateral is the key.

Hi all,

This very well might be the first "Want to Rent" thread on AZB...or, at least, the first I've seen!! :) :)

I'm still strongly interested in a Tad cue...and will likely try to find one at Valley Forge this coming Spring.

I figured, though, that I would probably be wise to try one out and make sure that the size/dimensions/hit is what I'm after.

I know I love the way they look. I know I like everything I've heard about them and their playability. I think I've hit a couple balls with one a couple/few years back...but I'd like to give one a few days in court before I make up my mind.

If somebody out there has a Tad player they'd be willing to let me try out for a couple weeks, I'd be more than happy to cover shipping costs (both ways) and compensate the owner for their time and trouble.

I take care of my cues (and other people's cues, too)...and can promise that your cue would be safe, sound, and out of harm's way.

I feel as though I should do my homework before I buy one...and thought THIS would be the best place to try for a test drive.

Thanks much for your time, PM me if you have one I could take for a spin, and a VERY Merry X-mas and Happy New Year to you all.

Mark

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Rent-A-Cue

How about a rent with an option to buy.
Rental fees applied towards the final purchase price.

A good reason to have a third "rental" shaft with your cues.

I've bought a thrid shaft for cues just because they became available at a good price.
Then I think, what the heck am I going to do with 3-shafts for a cue I don't even play with.
Now I know.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
See me at dcc

I wont let you have my cues for 2 weeks, but see me at DCC and I will let you play with any cues I have, and I will have all my cues listed below.

I have a Hoppe Style Tad cue that is killer, with 4.3 ounce shafts.

Best I can do,

Ken

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
114   1   0
I wont let you have my cues for 2 weeks, but see me at DCC and I will let you play with any cues I have, and I will have all my cues listed below.

I have a Hoppe Style Tad cue that is killer, with 4.3 ounce shafts.

Best I can do,

Ken

Thanks, Ken...but I'm not going to be able to make the DCC. The table time I DO get is on my 9' Brunswick at home...and in my opinion, a MUCH safer place to play with a nice cue than even the nicest of poolrooms.

Thanks again for the offer, but I'm stuck with the parameters above.

Happy Holidays to ya, sir.

Mark

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
If you ONLY knew who was on the list for the NEXT build off :wink:

Ya, I know, Monsieur Alacaszambushkaboti? The great, Senior
Oscar De La Gutisearingerrez? Mr. Antonio Showmsciannomen? or how about Mr. Jerrid Kersenfranklinhercekbrock, or Mr. Burtdanbill Spainjanestroud?

~~~~~~or~~~~~~~~

The legendary 72K 34oz Gold, Ebony, Snakewood, Silver, Ivory, and Diamond "Maximus-Desimus-Meridius / Gladiator Cue" with a 14k gold joint collar and polished diamond pin and two Triceratops Tooth ferruled shafts with Chrome Tanned Vaculam Tyrranosauras Rex Hide Layered Tip by SK Custom Cues or, better yet, how bout an AVATAR cue?

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ya, I know, Monsieur Alacaszambushkaboti? The great, Senior
Oscar De La Gutisearingerrez? Mr. Antonio Showmsciannomen? or how about Mr. Jerrid Kersenfranklinhercekbrock, or Mr. Burtdanbill Spainjanestroud?

~~~~~~or~~~~~~~~

The legendary 72K 34oz Gold, Ebony, Snakewood, Silver, Ivory, and Diamond "Maximus-Desimus-Meridius / Gladiator Cue" with a 14k gold joint collar and polished diamond pin and two Triceratops Tooth ferruled shafts with Chrome Tanned Vaculam Tyrranosauras Rex Hide Layered Tip by SK Custom Cues or, better yet, how bout an AVATAR cue?

Sorry, but they are Opossum Penis Bone Ferrules :grin:

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   1
For anyone who is considering accepting Mark's deal, I can personally attest that your cues will come back in as good as, or better, shape than when you sent them. We did a similar deal a while back and it could not have gone any smoother.

Scott

Soulcoma

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
This is a great idea. Wish I had a TAD for you to try. I too have thought of this. Would love to give the higher end of the spectrem a try.

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Cue Renal :)

Collateral IS key..... question is...... what kind of collateral would be accepted. I would agree with you about a market to rent cues as a way to try them out. There was another posting that said a "rental with option to buy"..... sounds EVEN BETTER!! But still the part about collateral comes back. What you forms of collateral would people take?

I've thought of this before, and I actually was going to ask someone like Tommie or Joe who sells cues to open up that kind of a market. That is a very good idea and I think it would help a great deal of people to understand a wider range of cues and makers. There are issues with that idea, but once we have established trust, it is a win-win for both sides.

I myself have never hit a Tad or Searing, or many others, and would also love the opportunity to try it out. One of the reasons for Shawn Smith's idea for the AZ build off was for people to try out cues that normally would've taken years and $$$$$$.

I think that there is a market for 'cue rental' just the same as you would rent from Home Depot.

Collateral is the key.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
114   1   0
For anyone who is considering accepting Mark's deal, I can personally attest that your cues will come back in as good as, or better, shape than when you sent them. We did a similar deal a while back and it could not have gone any smoother.

Scott

Thank you much for the vote of confidence, sir. I STILL have fond memories of those two cues you sent my way...and wish to hell I had snagged that Runde from ya.

I had no idea my wish to rent a Tad cue for awhile would catch so much attention...but I CAN see the market for such an endeavor.

For those that are curious about the needed collateral on such a transaction...or renting with an option to buy...that would have to be at the discretion of the cue owner. I have to stand on the merits of my reputation here on AZB, with expressed agreement to return the cue after a trial in identical (or better :) ) condition than when I received it. For those of us who have a fair amount of history on AZB, that could very well be enough to get it done.

For newer or unknown members, the specifics would likely have to be "tweaked," or include some other form of material collateral.

Hard sayin', not knowin'...but the fact remains that I WANNA TRY A TAD FOR AWHILE!!! :)

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
What about a modified version of Escrow service? The modified Escrow service holds the collateral in a safe which in turn allows that person to borrow/rent a cue up to the maximum value of the cue being held. Then the desired cue to be borrowed/rented will be sent. If not returned within a certain period of time, the cue being held would be sent to the owner of the borrowed/rented cue that was not returned. If returned, the fee is sent to the modified Escrow service and then the remainder is returned with the borrowed/rented cue. Cue being held as collateral is either returned or continued to be held at the owner's decision if there is a desire to borrow/rent a different cue.

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Great idea Mark! I hope someone helps you out. You are more than trustworthy in my book. I wish I had one for you to try...

Good Luck,
Chris

daniel

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I've had Tads & several Gus Szambotis & no 2 played the same. Best to hit balls with the cue you're looking to buy. A place like valley forge or derby city is great. Usually a lot of cues available.