Nice and quiet...

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...here today. Almost like the crazy off-their-meds couple next door finally got the hospitalization they need.

Wonder what it is...?

pj
chgo

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
...here today. Almost like the crazy off-their-meds couple next door finally got the hospitalization they need.

Wonder what it is...?

pj
chgo

Just curious, but what post caused it? (When clicking on Mr. OCD's name and selecting "Find all posts by...", the last one that comes up is his "Balderdash" response to someone mentioning that Bustamante does something. Doesn't seem like a bannable post, but then there's always that ModDeletionPower[TM].)

-Sean <-- finds insanity fascinating

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious, but what post caused it? (When clicking on Mr. OCD's name and selecting "Find all posts by...", the last one that comes up is his "Balderdash" response to someone mentioning that Bustamante does something. Doesn't seem like a bannable post, but then there's always that ModDeletionPower[TM].)

-Sean <-- finds insanity fascinating

I thought you were referring to the other guy who got banned -- the guy who was actually insulting and providing names of members publicly. At least a ban in that case is not a mystery.

I'm not sure "quiet" is the standard you want to go for in a discussion forum. Productive, yes, but quiet?

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought you were referring to the other guy who got banned -- the guy who was actually insulting and providing names of members publicly. At least a ban in that case is not a mystery.

I'm not sure "quiet" is the standard you want to go for in a discussion forum. Productive, yes, but quiet?

Come on, you know damn well who I was referring to -- I've called him out on his obsessive-compulsive disorder many, many times. I do not think Spidey is OCD by any stretch -- and yes, I know you have a beef with him, but let's be real and put the "faux innocent misunderstanding" away.

When someone just is relentless, to the point where they pick up their old behaviors (that they got initially banned for) on the *very day* of their release from the ban, something had to be done. Spidey wasn't right in going after him so voraciously, but without Mr. OCD here, do you honestly think things would've gotten that bad? Releasing Mr. OCD from his perma-ban was a mistake, and I think the mods realized it.

-Sean

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on, you know damn well who I was referring to -- I've called him out on his obsessive-compulsive disorder many, many times. I do not think Spidey is OCD by any stretch -- and yes, I know you have a beef with him, but let's be real and put the "faux innocent misunderstanding" away.

When someone just is relentless, to the point where they pick up their old behaviors (that they got initially banned for) on the *very day* of their release from the ban, something had to be done. Spidey wasn't right in going after him so voraciously, but without Mr. OCD here, do you honestly think things would've gotten that bad? Releasing Mr. OCD from his perma-ban was a mistake, and I think the mods realized it.

-Sean

Of course I know who you were talking about. I was making a point that the other guy had some serious transgressions between the insulting non stop and the name outing. He also picked up right where he left off. In any case, discussion like this should be done by pm, I think, as those people cannot respond. Just sayin'.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Of course I know who you were talking about. I was making a point that the other guy had some serious transgressions between the insulting non stop and the name outing. He also picked up right where he left off. In any case, discussion like this should be done by pm, I think, as those people cannot respond. Just sayin'.

"Discussion like this should be done by pm, I think, as those people cannot respond." <chuckles> A couple things: 1.) more faux innocent defense for Mr. OCD, who after his long history of shenanigans really has no leg to stand on for defense, and 2.) it was no secret that I would tell this to him directly, and in front of the forum, until the point where I had enough and had to put him on Ignore. Speaking of which, don't you remember me telling both cookie and Spidey publicly to put Mr. OCD on Ignore -- several times, no less?

"But-but-but the devil made me do it!" (That's for Spidey, obviously for Mr. OCD, and also for you, in trying to defend him.)

Let's stop with the faux innocence, and call a spade a spade. Justice was metered out, on both sides.

-Sean

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's stop with the faux innocence, and call a spade a spade. Justice was metered out, on both sides.

-Sean

Not sure what the faux innocence was. Let me start over by making my original point more clearly. When you are throwing around comments about who is insane I just wanted to remind you that there are other banned people who arguably fit that description more aptly. Justice, such as it is, was meted out (not "metered out"). Let's just leave it at that. Not worth getting into a thing about it.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
There is a difference between annoying and repetitive, vs Vicious and menacing. One guy may go on and on about balls having no edges or rants about subjectiveness, another might Call Your boss and try to have you fired or publish Your personal intention With malicious intent while simultaneously making slandering accusations. I see no reason to gloat over any ban, there are few enough posters as it is, but some bans are necessary, others could be avoided if People simply used the ignore function, instead of just SAYING that they do.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a difference between annoying and repetitive, vs Vicious and menacing. One guy may go on and on about balls having no edges or rants about subjectiveness, another might Call Your boss and try to have you fired or publish Your personal intention With malicious intent while simultaneously making slandering accusations. I see no reason to gloat over any ban, there are few enough posters as it is, but some bans are necessary, others could be avoided if People simply used the ignore function, instead of just SAYING that they do.

I agree, there is a difference between saying a ban is necessary, and gloating about it. I also believe that all this could've been avoided if some suggestions -- both in PM as well as outright here in the forum -- was heeded:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=6421583#post6421583

Spidey did indeed drive his car over the cliff in this one, and I can't defend his actions. But overriding the decision of a former mod (Mr. Wilson) to have a certain chronic offender released from his perma-ban was a huge mistake. True, this place wasn't a citadel of angels without him, but releasing him was pulling the pin from the grenade and launching it here.

You know things are bad when one's forum experience looks like the pictured.

-Sean

Attachments

• ENGLISH-diarrhea.PNG
    ENGLISH-diarrhea.PNG
    111.3 KB · Views: 446

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure what the faux innocence was. Let me start over by making my original point more clearly. When you are throwing around comments about who is insane I just wanted to remind you that there are other banned people who arguably fit that description more aptly. Justice, such as it is, was meted out (not "metered out"). Let's just leave it at that. Not worth getting into a thing about it.

Well gee, thanks for the correction on an obvious typo and autocorrect (and yes, autocorrect did bite me here). I honestly don't think you want to get into correcting anyone's grammar here, least of all me. What's pertinent is that during my hiatus from these forums, there was a constant stream of feedback of what was going on AzB on social media, and the same handful of names kept coming up. Along with the ones discussed in this thread, yours was one of them. And I have to say, it surprised the hell out of me, because I remember you from the 14.1 subforum as being the opposite of what I heard. How you got so wound up in the aiming system controversy -- and for so long -- is beyond me. So I would be careful in thinking you sit with the "sane" or in some neutral position to judge.

-Sean

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Actually, he was pointing out how selective you are in stating who is insane or rather a problem on here.

In the whack a mole thread, you clearly are against those that are vocal against CTE, rather not CTE itself, but vocal against some of the misleading statements concerning CTE.......like it only works on a 2x1 ratio table, but offer no proof.......oh hows that research going about that?

You imply that it is only those vocal against CTE misleading statements that are the only ones creating issues, which is untrue.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, he was pointing out how selective you are in stating who is insane or rather a problem on here.

In the whack a mole thread, you clearly are against those that are vocal against CTE, rather not CTE itself, but vocal against some of the misleading statements concerning CTE.......like it only works on a 2x1 ratio table, but offer no proof.......oh hows that research going about that?

You imply that it is only those vocal against CTE misleading statements that are the only ones creating issues, which is untrue.

Spidey was 100% correct. He just didn't go about it in the right way. But the fact is that practically every question that the "haters" ask has been answered in one form or another.

Now, the answers may not be to their liking, but they are answers nonetheless.

To continually ask those same questions expecting a different answer doesn't sound very sane to me.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I agree, there is a difference between saying a ban is necessary, and gloating about it. I also believe that all this could've been avoided if some suggestions -- both in PM as well as outright here in the forum -- was heeded:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=6421583#post6421583

Spidey did indeed drive his car over the cliff in this one, and I can't defend his actions. But overriding the decision of a former mod (Mr. Wilson) to have a certain chronic offender released from his perma-ban was a huge mistake. True, this place wasn't a citadel of angels without him, but releasing him was pulling the pin from the grenade and launching it here.

You know things are bad when one's forum experience looks like the pictured.

-Sean

What's so bad about that? The ignore function worked perfectly for this gentleman. I don't even see what the big deal is, anyway. Some guy says something over and over, well don't read it, then! You're banning a guy for making you scroll?

If a guy were to claim the earth was flat over and over, it's stupid, obviously, but you're not obliged to answer or even read. Personally I think the ignore function is completely unnecessary. What, you can't cope with people having dissenting opinions? When it comes to personal attacks, victimizing people with real world consequences and slander, it's a completely different matter, which should be dealt with very severely indeed. I don't think English was an angel, he spammed the forum non stop and he did call people names at times. At least he didn't publish peoples names against their wishes for no other reason than to menace them, dig up decades old posts etc.Not to mention doing "detective work" on people to find out their names, try to find them in person, calling every pool hall on the planet etc..That's different level shit, right there.

And you say English! was the bad guy here? Some guy actually called him a child molester and of course your hero made sure everyone knew his name, so that people when they googled him would get that slanderous, completely made up accusation in his search! WTF is wrong with people? English! and I were not friends on here, we had our disagreements and I thought he went way overboard in his postings. That being said, you really can't compare what he did to what your friend did.

Last edited:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
What's so bad about that? The ignore function worked perfectly for this gentleman. I don't even see what the big deal is, anyway. Some guy says something over and over, well don't read it, then! You're banning a guy for making you scroll?

If a guy were to claim the earth was flat over and over, it's stupid, obviously, but you're not obliged to answer or even read. Personally I think the ignore function is completely unnecessary. What, you can't cope with people having dissenting opinions? When it comes to personal attacks, victimizing people with real world consequences and slander, it's a completely different matter, which should be dealt with very severely indeed.

Again, I don't defend Spidey's actions at all. BTW, it's not just a question of scrolling. The offender (ENGLISH) also took it to private messages, and would bombard those he disagreed with.

So yes, Spidey was indefensible. But ENGLISH had a l-o-n-g history of being disruptive to forum operations, not just in the Aiming Conversation forum, btw. He was awarded a series of consecutive temporary bans that got longer and longer to the point of a perma-ban. The moment he was released from the perma-ban, what happened?

ENGLISH didn't bother me, and when I saw that screen that I took a snapshot of, I thought it was funny more than anything. (You even commented to that fact in another thread that ultimately was deleted.) It didn't "bother me" at all. But it did serve as the foundation for my point.

-Sean

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

If a guy were to claim the earth was flat over and over, it's stupid, obviously, but you're not obliged to answer or even read. Personally I think the ignore function is completely unnecessary. What, you can't cope with people having dissenting opinions? When it comes to personal attacks, victimizing people with real world consequences and slander, it's a completely different matter, which should be dealt with very severely indeed. I don't think English was an angel, he spammed the forum non stop and he did call people names at times. At least he didn't publish peoples names against their wishes for no other reason than to menace them, dig up decades old posts etc.Not to mention doing "detective work" on people to find out their names, try to find them in person, calling every pool hall on the planet etc..That's different level shit, right there.

And you say English! was the bad guy here? Some guy actually called him a child molester and of course your hero made sure everyone knew his name, so that people when they googled him would get that slanderous, completely made up accusation in his search! WTF is wrong with people? English! and I were not friends on here, we had our disagreements and I thought he went way overboard in his postings. That being said, you really can't compare what he did to what your friend did.

About a year ago or so Spidey PM'd me a screenshot of my house on Google Earth. Some people are just too obsessed with this stuff, taking it to a personal level.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
About a year ago or so Spidey PM'd me a screenshot of my house on Google Earth. Some people are just too obsessed with this stuff, taking it to a personal level.

I'll admit, that's bad. Concerning his Facebook page, ENGLISH outed himself to a bunch of people when he was puppy-dogging a certain well-known PBIA instructor on that person's page. It was painfully obvious who it was, and *many* people who follow that instructor picked up on it. There was no doubt who it was.

But actively R&D'ing someone's identity, location, etc. is indefensible.

-Sean

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll admit, that's bad. Concerning his Facebook page, ENGLISH outed himself to a bunch of people when he was puppy-dogging a certain well-known PBIA instructor on that person's page. It was painfully obvious who it was, and *many* people who follow that instructor picked up on it. There was no doubt who it was.

But actively R&D'ing someone's identity, location, etc. is indefensible.

-Sean

I hear ya. As far as Spidey sending me a pic of my house, I didn't complain or report him or any of that. I don't put people on ignore either -- I simply try to ignore any derogatory comments, which sometimes is hard to do and I end up replying when I shouldn't.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A few years back I had a well-known individual here make a post to me that mentioned a very specific detail about my house that would be unknowable to anyone unless they'd been around the property.

I found that somewhat disturbing but at the same time amazing that anyone could be so ate up about anything on AZ.

Lou Figueroa