Diamond Pockets

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the main things I like about Gold Crown tables (I have a GCIV) is their pockets. They have that rubber pocket that has that distinctive sound when a ball goes into it.

So, I was just wondering what kind of pockets does the Diamond Professional table have? And do they offer any option that might be close to a Gold Crown pocket?

r/DCP

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
They are not anything like a GC pocket. They used to offer Leather web style, no more. Now they are nylon buckets.

On side note, a tourney i was watching last year,( i forget which one if anyone can help) the TV table had some sort of modified pocket that sounded just like the GC. I actually never seen a PRO AM Drop pocket, so the table was modded as well. I think that the right person could take a set of Diamond Nylon buckets and marry them with the GC lower. A leather worker could easily make this happen with some planning .

TFT

One of the main things I like about Gold Crown tables (I have a GCIV) is their pockets. They have that rubber pocket that has that distinctive sound when a ball goes into it.

So, I was just wondering what kind of pockets does the Diamond Professional table have? And do they offer any option that might be close to a Gold Crown pocket?

r/DCP

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Please stop being jerks, are you guys 12 year olds?

Does it really matter how good someone is if they are having fun and enjoying the sport? IMO: Nope...

No one can deny that sound is pretty AMAZING.....
It really must be for Diamond to go out of their way to make a drop pocket PRO AM table, that took modifying the table quite a bit to make that happen.

Not to mention: they mic'd the crap out of the table so you could CLEARLY hear that sound.

Just sayin :)

TFT

I never would have thought it would progress to pocket sound.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are not anything like a GC pocket. They used to offer Leather web style, no more. Now they are nylon buckets.

On side note, a tourney i was watching last year,( i forget which one if anyone can help) the TV table had some sort of modified pocket that sounded just like the GC. I actually never seen a PRO AM Drop pocket, so the table was modded as well. I think that the right person could take a set of Diamond Nylon buckets and marry them with the GC lower. A leather worker could easily make this happen with some planning .

TFT
I've heard of people putting car-wash sponges down the pockets on a Pro-Am to make it a drop-pocket. I think a factory PAm drop-pocket would be great. I hate ball-return tables personally.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahhh..the finality of it all.....approach the shot from directly behind the shiny measles ball...psych myself up for the shot.....stroke into the air several times.....eye center to edge......pivot into the shot......get off the shot...air stroke 4 more times....pick lint off the table....get down again and pull the trigger after 8 strokes......ker-plunk.....the sound of the ball hitting the back of the pocket.....watch the red measles spin and twirl....knowing nobody in the room knows how to apply that spin.......watch it dance......

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

TFT
Could you possibly be talking about the Bigfoot table? Isn't it based on ProAm type structure? Its a drop-pocket table and its sounds awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypEvCVZwZcA

Kdogster

Registered
diamond nylon pockets

I replaced the original leather web pockets on my red label diamond professional with the nylon ones probably 10 years ago. The only bad thing is that the black paint they spray on the inside of the pockets comes off on the balls. If I warp shots into the pockets, the balls start to get black marks all over them, and it takes some elbow grease to get them shiny again.

Diamond may have fixed that issue. When I got them, they said I was getting some of the original prototype pockets, and it was a known issue that the paint may rub off. But, they still were a huge upgrade over the leather web pockets I had, so I pulled the trigger.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard of people putting car-wash sponges down the pockets on a Pro-Am to make it a drop-pocket. I think a factory PAm drop-pocket would be great. I hate ball-return tables personally.

I play on a 4 1/8 corner ProAm Drop pocket table on a regular basis

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I played with a kid who put cups in them to prevent
it from making him pay every game. Mom worked in a
bar and he played all day. Kid might be a champ right now.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So........am I correct in assuming that Diamond makes the Pro Am table with drop pockets? I thought it was ALWAYS with the ball return?

r/DCP

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

r/DCP

That's one of my favorite things about the GC tables also, the thwack when you hit the pocket. Also I think they bank better, even with the updated rails Diamond has used for a while.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So........am I correct in assuming that Diamond makes the Pro Am table with drop pockets? I thought it was ALWAYS with the ball return?

r/DCP

I’m sure if you order one directly from Diamond they will make it with drop pockets if that’s what you want.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I visited the Diamond factory just north of Louisville about two years ago. And now that I think about it I seem to recall being told that Diamond can make the Pro-Am with drop pockets but they would only hold maybe 3-4 balls.

Whats the deal here? Does anybody know? Can you indeed buy a Pro-Am with drop pockets or is it ALWAYS with the ball return? I sent Diamond an email asking about this but I havent heard anything back.

r/DCP

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I do not think this is a standard offering. They might do it custom for certain clients, but, I would not count on it. Just order a Professional and call it a day...

TFT

I visited the Diamond factory just north of Louisville about two years ago. And now that I think about it I seem to recall being told that Diamond can make the Pro-Am with drop pockets but they would only hold maybe 3-4 balls.

Whats the deal here? Does anybody know? Can you indeed buy a Pro-Am with drop pockets or is it ALWAYS with the ball return? I sent Diamond an email asking about this but I havent heard anything back.

r/DCP

Attachments

• 108777819_10223745398605904_2474699409475085348_o.jpg
    108777819_10223745398605904_2474699409475085348_o.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 144