GCIV Move From Houston, TX to Birmingham, AL

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I’d just hire a mechanic on both ends of that leg, one to disassemble and the other in AL to setup. Rent a U-Haul and transport it yourself. You would of course need to get a friend/relative to help load and unload the pieces. It would really be costly for a mechanic to move a table that distance unless it’s a high dollar table they are selling. To make it worth their time and gas on 3rd party moves they would need table work from other customers along the route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thefury24

Registered
I think I’d just hire a mechanic on both ends of that leg, one to disassemble and the other in AL to setup. Rent a U-Haul and transport it yourself. You would of course need to get a friend/relative to help load and unload the pieces. It would really be costly for a mechanic to move a table that distance unless it’s a high dollar table they are selling. To make it worth their time and gas on 3rd party moves they would need table work from other customers along the route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it's already disassembled, I got a quote from a moving company and it was high. We're just gonna rent the u-haul and go get it and pay the mechanic in Birmingham. Is there a recommended mechanic in this area?

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since it's already disassembled, I got a quote from a moving company and it was high. We're just gonna rent the u-haul and go get it and pay the mechanic in Birmingham. Is there a recommended mechanic in this area?

Cool! You must of got one of those tables from the University of Houston?

Give AzB member "jrctherake" a pm, he lives in that area and can probably give you a good guy to do the job. I'm kinda surprised we don't have a mechanic listed for the state of Alabama in the AzB mechanics directory.

thefury24

Registered
Cool! You must of got one of those tables from the University of Houston?

Yup. Missed out on two Gold Crowns a little closer to me, but I'm not letting this one go. :D

Give AzB member "jrctherake" a pm, he lives in that area and can probably give you a good guy to do the job. I'm kinda surprised we don't have a mechanic listed for the state of Alabama in the AzB mechanics directory.

Thanks! Will do.