Miz made everyone feel special

Mike_Mason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember the Miz from the times when I was playing the Florida Tour. I've mentioned here that watching Willie Mosconi seemed like a glimpse of heaven...and watching Steve Mizerak was right up there.

I'm not much on watching anyone play a whole match but I sidled up to the table when the Miz picked up a cue. And I regret that I only had two opportunities to lose a tournament match to him.

Mostly I remember those quiet times when I would find Miz seated alone...and wondering how that was possible...and grabbed the seat next to him...and we chatted about pool and everything else...and I had to pinch myself to believe that this very special man shared himself with me without reservation.

I remember even more fondly those times when I was seated alone...and Miz came over and sat next to me...and we chatted. I wondered how it was possible that this man who was such a giant in the world would single me out and bring his special touch into my life.

And I somehow felt even more special when I would notice Miz sharing himself in the same way with a young player or other 'unknown' person...and making another person feel special.

I remember the Miz and not only one of the smoothest, greatest players I've seen, but one of the kindest, nicest men I have had the privelege of knowing, if only in much too infrequent opportunities.

May the peace of the Lord be with the Miz. And may his family find comfort in the love and condolences expressed by so many people.