CueShark Tip Tool

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Not to drift the thread but I found the same with the Pocket Chalkers.
With the string rubbing on your back pocket, it doesn't take long at all for the cord to wear thru. I had to fix mine with a strong leather cord and hasn't broken since.

The leather holder stretches and eventually you have to wrap your chalk
in masking tape so the chalk won't fall out.

I wouldn't mind trying the PUP Tip tool. Looks like it is a good all around tool.

Bill812

Bill812
Silver Member
Not to drift the thread but I found the same with the Pocket Chalkers.
With the string rubbing on your back pocket, it doesn't take long at all for the cord to wear thru. I had to fix mine with a strong leather cord and hasn't broken since.

The leather holder stretches and eventually you have to wrap your chalk
in masking tape so the chalk won't fall out.

I wouldn't mind trying the PUP Tip tool. Looks like it is a good all around tool.

Sounds more like you should invest in the original Cueshark. The chalker is excellent and always stays with you as it clips on your waistband or belt. Even if you don't use powder, there's always someone looking for some and the bottom multi function cue tip tool serves as a personalized pocket marker that is always with you as well. This has got to be the best all in one out there at any cost! Some of us spend thousands on cue sticks, why not spend a very small fraction of that getting the right tool for it?

Last edited:

Bill812

Bill812
Silver Member
Some pix of my personalized CueShark

Here are some pictures of my personalized Cueshark...
Ok, I tried loading the pictures to this post, but it didn't show in the Preview Post, so if anyone is interested in seeing my personalized Gold CueShark, you can view it on my profile under albums in the one titled cues.

Last edited:

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been trying for over a week to locate a CueShark P.U.P. with zero success. Have contacted the folks over at CueShark and left several messages, all of which have been unanswered. Are these folks out of business or just really bad at customer service?

Talked to at least two vendors (couldn't find anyone anywhere that had any of these in stock) and they both claimed they placed orders with CueShark and were given shipment dates which came and went after which they couldn't seem to get ahold of anyone at CueShark either.

Would appreciate any info that anyone has on this company and whether I should move on and choose another product instead, or if anyone has any info on where I could purchase a P.U.P. Thanks in advance!

My current review, subject to change if I can ever contact anyone at CueShark and make a purchase, is based solely on customer service since I can't seem to find the product available for use anywhere, That review is all negative at this time and they're not recommended.

windKnott

Registered
Recieved my CUESHARK PUP today. I was interested in the origional but it's no longer available. As others have stated the quality is first rate. I was very apprehensive to try the next greatest tool on my Ivory furreles, thinking it might scratch the Ivory. I happened to have a shaft with cracked Ivory to test it on ( before I have it replaced on Monday) it worked perfectly! Not a mark on the Ivory. I am impressed! I'm no longer interested in the origional as the PUP is a perfect size. The only problem I experienced wasn't the fault of CUESHARK. The tracking info I recieved stated it still didn't ship when it was sitting in my mail box. I will recommend this to all my friends, it's very good!

Damule6666

Registered
Ordered and received my PUP all within a weeks time. Does everything better than expected. Couldn't be happier. I'm going to be ordering a few a Xmas gifts..

CueNut40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How well does it work for shaving the sides of layered tips. I replace my own tips

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased this tip tool last week and the reviews I've read prior to my purchase have lived up to their claims. The tool is made of very high quality of aircraft grade aluminium, does everything as it describes, and looks very sleek. I enjoy the looks of it and can't think of anything negative to say about this item, other than it being a bit on the pricey side. When I was looking for a shaping tool, I considered purchasing Willard's dime/nickle tool but I don't really know whether I'd stick with nickle or dime radius. I decided to get the cue shark because it carries both and has a few more extra features. Overall I recommend this product, looks great, feels great, nothing requires to be replaced and comes with lifetime warranty. As of this post, this product retails for $30 USD.

Video walkthrough of the original Cue Shark with chalk holder:
https://youtu.be/nMBb-WbkbLw
Please note that the original Cue Shark with the chalk holder has been discontinued for several years now. Video has been included for reference only. At the time of release, this variation of the Cue Shark retailed for $80 USD.

Some professional players who use the Cue Shark:

Mika Immonen (The original with chalk holder)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3hYbnkhqN4

Mike Badsteubner
https://youtu.be/W4vuy6EkCX0

Rodney Morris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBDhO_EDsRw

Gail Glazebrook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-KdqK0fxbY

Photos:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1438053074620.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438053074620.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 544
  • uploadfromtaptalk1438053081412.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438053081412.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 634
  • uploadfromtaptalk1438053089678.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438053089678.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 498
  • uploadfromtaptalk1438053096033.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438053096033.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 598
  • uploadfromtaptalk1438053185193.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438053185193.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tool looks good there website seems to be down.
That's strange, it was fine earlier this year. Seems like I can't find his contact information via Google search either. But fortunately I was communicating with the owner via email last summer and his signature contained his contact information.

Kevin Contestabile
Toll free: 1.877.33SHARK
Phone: 585.254.1636
Email: info@cueshark.com

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the PUP and loved it. I left it in a poolroom accidentally. I found the web site down also.