Revo vs Meucci carbon fiber

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Carbon Fiber tube is made in the USA and the shaft is made at the Meucci Factory. 100% made in the USA.

And if made by meucci it’s also 100% made with out give a shit for quality. They spit in your face as a customer for years. No way I would buy their products lol

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shot with a few of the Meucci shafts, did not feel any different than a wooden one, either in performance or feel. The Predator and other carbon fiber shafts felt more lively, easier to spin the ball. Meucci ones felt no different than a standard $100-200 LD shaft.

From trying out several of the carbon fiber shafts, Revo or the Mezz ones are on top for performance. If someone wants a shaft that feels and performs like the wood LD shafts, then a wood LD shaft should be bought.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I shot with a few of the Meucci shafts, did not feel any different than a wooden one, either in performance or feel. The Predator and other carbon fiber shafts felt more lively, easier to spin the ball. Meucci ones felt no different than a standard $100-200 LD shaft.

From trying out several of the carbon fiber shafts, Revo or the Mezz ones are on top for performance. If someone wants a shaft that feels and performs like the wood LD shafts, then a wood LD shaft should be bought.

Did you try the Pechauer demo there? I wanted too but ran out of time the very short period I was there.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you try the Pechauer demo there? I wanted too but ran out of time the very short period I was there.

I did not but my son did. His preference was still for the Mezz shaft. Only issue is that we could not try the Mezz one on our cues since their joints were for Mezz, the Wavy is not quite a Radial fit.

We walked around the floor many times, and he kept going to Mezz to shoot with their cues and shafts.

Cuetec was not there at SBE so we could not try their carbon shaft, which was actually a big reason I was looking forward to the trip, to try it. They probably lost quite a bit of sales by not having a shaft demo there, we spent over $1,000 at Mezz getting a cue, WX900 shaft and will order their carbon fiber when it's in stock. I was told end of summer.

Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I bought a Revo Saturday and sold it an hour later. First one I have held and the last, just not for me. On a side note, I spoke with a dealer that same day and he said they are having issues with them staying straight...go figure. Obviously there is a difference in how opposite materials impact and respond when striking something. Wood will be different than carbon fiber, metal, fiberglass...etc. Everyone knows why laminated shafts came about, to reduce the risk of warpage. When that didnt work, everyone also knows why the carbon fiber idea came about...to try and further reduce the risk of laminated shafts warping. Take the top 10 players in the world and see what theyre playing with, that will answer any question about what company is mass producing the best gimmick shaft.

Everybody wanna get big but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight
- Ronnie Coleman

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried the Meucci, REVO and Mezz carbon fiber shafts. REVO and Mezz where my favorite. Didn't really get to like Meucci while playing with it but it could have been just me.

I was testing these using a lot of inside English to get the cue ball moving three rails back to the other end of table. Same shot with different distance from cue and object ball. Really nice feel with REVO and Mezz, however I was having a really hard time making the shot using the Meucci.

I didn't get to shoot with the Cuetec, however they had it there for sale and I got to hold it in my hand and feel it, it was exactly the same cue Shane is shooting with right now, and the shaft and whole set up felt really good! I wanted to take to a table so bad!!!!

gregnice37

Silver Member
I did not but my son did. His preference was still for the Mezz shaft. Only issue is that we could not try the Mezz one on our cues since their joints were for Mezz, the Wavy is not quite a Radial fit.

We walked around the floor many times, and he kept going to Mezz to shoot with their cues and shafts.

Cuetec was not there at SBE so we could not try their carbon shaft, which was actually a big reason I was looking forward to the trip, to try it. They probably lost quite a bit of sales by not having a shaft demo there, we spent over $1,000 at Mezz getting a cue, WX900 shaft and will order their carbon fiber when it's in stock. I was told end of summer.

I had the Cuetec 1st week of January. Didn't like the hit, changed the tip and still didn't like it. Ended up selling it 2 weeks ago and went back to the 12.4 Revo.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had thousands of dollars in custom wood cues/shafts that I bought to flip at some point.......what do you think I'm gonna say about ANY carbon fiber cue when ask buy a person that could've been a "potential" buyer in the future????

Lol..... they suck....etc..etc....

It doesn't take a genius to figure some people out....online or in person.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had thousands of dollars in custom wood cues/shafts that I bought to flip at some point.......what do you think I'm gonna say about ANY carbon fiber cue when ask buy a person that could've been a "potential" buyer in the future????

Lol..... they suck....etc..etc....

It doesn't take a genius to figure some people out....online or in person.

Rumors, rumors ...

I'll add another two. If I had bought a Revo and didn't like it ... I'd go praise it all over and mention I have a spare one for sale a little later ...

If I had a business selling cues I'd be posting a lot about carbon fiber cues and how good they are ...

Yes, people have collections of wooden cues and they might want to sell them at some point. That does not automatically discredit their views on cf shafts. I never sold a single cue I owned - at least not in the last 20-30 years. I own a few cues which I intend to keep for the next 10-20 years until I am too old for pool. Then I'll probably give them away to someone who might value them for the history. By then, they are probably worth less than what I bought them for 30 years earlier. Due to heavy use.

I tried quite a few cues in my life. I did not like the hit of most of the others I tried. Probably because I am used to the cues I played with for a long time. The Revo was one of the worst in the "feel" department for me. Felt like an iron rod. But that is just me.

I need a new cue as badly as I need a Sardo rack. Any cue, wooden or cf.

What I do need is more training with my existing equipment. A new shaft/cue will not change any of my faults in aiming, fundamentals and sloppy execution.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Observing the most disputed theme in pool of nowadays I just remembered the old kind cartoon from my childhood https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XDCgIVp6qG4.
I'm kind of glad all this "revolution" is so late in my region and we still have young talents enjoying billiard games with oldschool cues. As an example just have a quick look at the game with the heaviest balls and smallest pockets and what the talent and passion to the game can show on the 12ft table... Like in snooker these guys play with the same oldschool cues so it is just amazing how they manage to improve. Enjoy https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bI2fVB_pvFM&t=31s :)

Last edited:

juvecoop

Registered
I played with my Meucci Carbon Pro for the first time last night. It was very easy to get accustomed too. Took me no time where as the REVO took me awhile. It's a bit lighter then the REVO as well, which i found helped with keeping my stroke level. Backspin on it was extremely easy, which i'm not sure if credit goes to the shaft or the tip, I did a 3/4 table draw with extreme ease (and actually over drew it to set up for the next ball) Either way very pleased with it for the time being, wasn't to crazy about the taper when I first got it, but after playing with it last night, I don't mind it at all. It's a touch thinner then the REVO 12.4. I do need a bit more time with it regarding deflection but so far its pretty close to the 12.4 that I was playing with before minus the ting sound. Also, the finish on the shaft has a bit more of a shine to it which I like a lot more then the other shafts I've played with. Overall, for the price I'd say you can't go wrong with the Meucci and worth every penny.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with my Meucci Carbon Pro for the first time last night. It was very easy to get accustomed too. Took me no time where as the REVO took me awhile. It's a bit lighter then the REVO as well, which i found helped with keeping my stroke level. Backspin on it was extremely easy, which i'm not sure if credit goes to the shaft or the tip, I did a 3/4 table draw with extreme ease (and actually over drew it to set up for the next ball) Either way very pleased with it for the time being, wasn't to crazy about the taper when I first got it, but after playing with it last night, I don't mind it at all. It's a touch thinner then the REVO 12.4. I do need a bit more time with it regarding deflection but so far its pretty close to the 12.4 that I was playing with before minus the ting sound. Also, the finish on the shaft has a bit more of a shine to it which I like a lot more then the other shafts I've played with. Overall, for the price I'd say you can't go wrong with the Meucci and worth every penny.
Do you need a glove or is it as slick as the Revo?

gregnice37

Silver Member
Do you need a glove or is it as slick as the Revo?

I was watching a kid 17-18 who was a Meucci rep use it at the booth and his hand was black. There was a coat of it on the new shaft, so I went home and used a Revo wipe on it and it was completely black afterwords but seemed the (for lack of a better word) gunk was gone. It's just as smooth and slick now as the Revo, no glove needed.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rumors, rumors ...

I'll add another two. If I had bought a Revo and didn't like it ... I'd go praise it all over and mention I have a spare one for sale a little later ...

If I had a business selling cues I'd be posting a lot about carbon fiber cues and how good they are ...

Yes, people have collections of wooden cues and they might want to sell them at some point. That does not automatically discredit their views on cf shafts. I never sold a single cue I owned - at least not in the last 20-30 years. I own a few cues which I intend to keep for the next 10-20 years until I am too old for pool. Then I'll probably give them away to someone who might value them for the history. By then, they are probably worth less than what I bought them for 30 years earlier. Due to heavy use.

I tried quite a few cues in my life. I did not like the hit of most of the others I tried. Probably because I am used to the cues I played with for a long time. The Revo was one of the worst in the "feel" department for me. Felt like an iron rod. But that is just me.

I need a new cue as badly as I need a Sardo rack. Any cue, wooden or cf.

What I do need is more training with my existing equipment. A new shaft/cue will not change any of my faults in aiming, fundamentals and sloppy execution.

I can't disagree with any of your points except:

Some people have so much $$$ tied up in wooden cues, I really dont blame them for being pissed/worried. You are not describing yourself as a collector or flipper.....why do people that that just own cues cause they like them take offense? I don't get it.

My comment was to folks that bought customs that has a fast falling value due to the CF market....its just getting started.

I dont sell cues anymore. I did years ago. Almost 3 decades ago.

I too, need more and more time on table the older I get....regardless of equipment.

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I only who a few balls with a friends carbon pro and my thoughts match yours. Kinda hesitant to give it a big thumbs up yet. I was shooting on a 9 foot table which I rarely do any more but I can say I never missed a shot I thought I should make. Cue ball control was better than my revo but again...hard to compare since I have ot shot on a 9 foot with my revo.

Got a question. Did you buy just a shaft for one of your cues or did you buy a complete cue ?

Actually 2 questions.

How did the shaft and butt match up ?

The reason o asked those questions is the cue I used had a slightly larger diameter shaft than butt. My friend purchased the shaft alone for an existing cue...the same as I did but have not received mine yet.

Kinda worried how the carbon shaft will match my butt.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching a kid 17-18 who was a Meucci rep use it at the booth and his hand was black. There was a coat of it on the new shaft, so I went home and used a Revo wipe on it and it was completely black afterwords but seemed the (for lack of a better word) gunk was gone. It's just as smooth and slick now as the Revo, no glove needed.

I have had a revo for a few months now and had never cleaned it until last week. I usually run a micro fiber towel over it every other week or so.

Last week was the first time I used a wipe that came with my shaft.. The wipe was solid black by the time I got through.

Btw ...i always use a glove.

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a revo for a few months now and had never cleaned it until last week. I usually run a micro fiber towel over it every other week or so.

Last week was the first time I used a wipe that came with my shaft.. The wipe was solid black by the time I got through.

Btw ...i always use a glove.

I also had a Revo, which I have since sold. When I cleaned it with an alcohol wipe after about 2 weeks of use it also came up black. After the first cleaning I used the wipe a couple of weeks later and it no longer came up black. There was just some blue chalk residue.

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if the Meucci CF shaft is a wood base like the Jacoby, or a foam base like the Revo/Mezz?

I stopped by the Jacoby booth and tried their CF shaft. It hit very solid without the hollow sound I experienced with the Revo. I asked them about the wood base and they said their shaft absolutely does not have any wood in it.

I also tried the Meucci, the Mezz and the Pechauer. I thought the hit of the Mezz and the Pechauer were on a par with the Jacoby. Although the trial hits were with just a partial rack of balls each, I liked the Pechauer best. Unfortunately, they didn't have any for sale, but you could pre-order one in pretty much any joint you wanted, except 3/8 - 11. The Meucci I tried had more of the hollow sound and also had a shiny finish on it, which I did not like.