Huebler on Ebay - question of price...

Maestro

In the Zone...
Silver Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huebler-19o...325&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=261113639792&

Think this is getting out of hand with the bidding?... Seems there is a war on this one and its about to go high. Nice cue, but is it worth it?

Looks like the joint black is not the same - one shiny the other half not. Also the ferrule and tip look original which is good, but some nicks and wear along with chalk scratches and loss of finish on the cue.

On one hand - nice to see an original, but this is not a custom shop. Any ideas on true value of this cue and its origin? The points are nice on it - possible hand made vintage job? Just curious as I know there are collectors here who will know.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
First catalog

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huebler-19o...325&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=261113639792&

Think this is getting out of hand with the bidding?... Seems there is a war on this one and its about to go high. Nice cue, but is it worth it?

Looks like the joint black is not the same - one shiny the other half not. Also the ferrule and tip look original which is good, but some nicks and wear along with chalk scratches and loss of finish on the cue.

On one hand - nice to see an original, but this is not a custom shop. Any ideas on true value of this cue and its origin? The points are nice on it - possible hand made vintage job? Just curious as I know there are collectors here who will know.

This lovely cue is from the 1978 catalog. Hueblers always made nice cues, Buddy Hall was a fan. I would have bid up to $250, but $400 seems a bit high.

Maestro

In the Zone...
Silver Member
Thanks. That was my feeling on it too. The seller lucked out this time. Good to know cues can still move well these days away from the table as well.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would say the price was about right for somebody actively looking for one, stiff for the "casual" buyer...but right for the serious person looking for one.

It's a great cue. I recently grabbed a points/veneers Huebler of the same era for an embarrassingly low price though....waiting and watching pays off.