RIP Richard Keefe of MD

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
It is sad news that Richard passed away yesterday after a long battle with leukemia. Arrangements are pending.
Richard was a great player from maryland and always a gentleman. He played in many pro and semi-pro tournaments almost always placing highly. He will be sorely missed. Bob

Visitation:
Monday, November 9, 2015
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Rausch Funeral Home - Owings
8325 Mount Harmony Lane
Owings MD 20736

Funeral Service:
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
11:00 AM
Chesapeake Church
6201 Solomons Island Road
Huntingtown MD 20639

Burial:
Southern Memorial Gardens
10155 Ward Road
Dunkirk MD 20754

Last edited:

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Very sad news! He always did well in the regional tournaments and was so relaxed while he was playing! Hopefully JAM and others can post some pictures…I tried but couldn't find any online.

It is sad news that Richard passed away yesterday after a long battle with leukemia. Arrangements are pending.
Richard was a great player from maryland and always a gentleman. He played in many pro and semi-pro tournaments almost always placing highly. He will be sorely missed.
Bob

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob, Richard's wife called me this evening with the unfortunate news...very sad indeed. I've know Richard for many years always a complete gentleman and the consummate pool player...he will be sorely missed.

According to his wife he did not carry any insurance and so a "Go Fund Me" account will be established to assist in deferring medical costs. I will be providing details on that as well as funeral arrangements (details) that will occur on 9 Oct 2015.

Thanks to all who read this thread.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The world will miss my good friend he hung in there like the champion he was talked to him last as usual he first asked what was going on in the pool world ,, I gave him the low down and he then told me he was hill hill and the other guys breaking
I told him week that guy might be like against you and scratch on the break and give you ball in hand ,,he laughed and said I hope so and I said me too brother hang in there
I will miss him greatly RIP my brother

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go Fund Me link for Richard Keefe: https://www.gofundme.com/sc8r9qas

Richard was a great player from maryland and always a gentleman. He played in many pro and semi-pro tournaments almost always placing highly. He will be sorely missed. Bob

Visitation:
Monday, November 9, 2015
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Rausch Funeral Home - Owings
8325 Mount Harmony Lane
Owings MD 20736

Funeral Service:
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
11:00 AM
Chesapeake Church
Huntingtown MD 20639

Burial:
10155 Ward Road
Dunkirk MD 20754

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Richard's viewing was held last nite and it was amazing the turnout. It was like a "who's who" in the southern Maryland Pool scene and beyond. For those who were unable to make the his viewing; the funeral and burial will be held today. Information is listed below...

The Funeral Service will be held 11:00am at:
Chesapeake Church
Huntingtown, MD 20639

Burial after 11:am service at:
10155 Ward Road
Dunkirk,MD 20754

Go Fund Me link for Richard Keefe: https://www.gofundme.com/sc8r9qas