(S&D) Safety & Defense - The Frozen Cushion Safety

allanpsand

Author & PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Howdy Folks,

This is an excellent way to wear down your opponent's will to win!!!

Try this out in your various matches and discover how useful this defensive tactic ensures you have more innings at the table (and improve your opportunities to win).
;-)

http://www.billiardgods.com/sd-frozen-cushion/

Get the book for dozens of other tactics that help your game and hurt your opponent's efforts.

Have fun - shoot straight!!

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Howdy Folks,

Try this out in your various matches and discover how useful this defensive tactic ensures you have more innings at the table (and improve your opportunities to win).
;-)

Get the book for dozens of other tactics that help your game and hurt your opponent's efforts.

You should learn how to bank...

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody leaves me these 2 shots....I'm betting my house. You can't leave a wide open shot, rail or not.

Play safe with an obstructing ball, or put the object ball to the end rail so there isn't a sellout. Add in the cueball near the rail to make it more difficult.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
other options

Howdy Folks,

;-)

On both shots I would have banked the 8 in such a way as to leave the CB and the 8 close to the center of the rail on both ends of the table.

I'm near completion of my series, "Game Winning 8-Ball Safety Shots" in Pool & Billiard mag.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The info coming from this site is a little rough.

Who exactly is your target audience and what separates your material from someone like robert byrne or dr. Dave?.

The info you post seems very poor. Sorry just confused, fogive my ignorance.

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
What he said.
:thumbup:

Anybody leaves me these 2 shots....I'm betting my house. You can't leave a wide open shot, rail or not.

Play safe with an obstructing ball, or put the object ball to the end rail so there isn't a sellout. Add in the cueball near the rail to make it more difficult.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your book should be named Beat me.

Let a player back to the table?
You have never been around a player.
That is how a player gets paid.
Odds are against you.
One handed. Left handed. Between the legs. Behind the back. Broom handle.
Pick one. Someone out there can make you eat it like that for the right wager.
I should write a book.
Slow cloth killed pool.
It should be renamed put put.
Almost broke the back out of the pockets yesterday on a Diamond with fast cloth yesterday.
If it had slow cloth on it it would have been a struggle.
Snooker same way.
Back to my book.
I will name it," Get a job"!
Good luck with your fine book of insights.
Nick :)

allanpsand

Author & PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
The book is NOT for you bigger players!!!!!!!

First of all - you fellas are a VERY small target audience - AND, none of you buy books or spend money on getting better!!!

(Why should you? Don't you folks already know it all?)

So - here's what you "commentators" should do with my posts:

If the content doesn't modify your way of thinking - ignore it - it's not for you anyway.

BUT, if you decide to provide moral support for someone new who has demonstrated a passion for the sport - pass it on. It will save you time covering the concepts.

+++++++++++++
(sigh - save me from "limited world-view" players.)

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think this is really new news. Quite typical move when playing one pocker - leaving your opponent frozen to the head rail. I've personally bursted a many of folks that tried that on me, but I've also sold the farm from there too a couple of times lol.