Table Lighting

nebrgas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for best lighting for a 7' bar table in the home. Like the style of the Diamond light, but very expensive. Are most using LED ? Thx

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love the light I just made for my new table. 3-2'x2' color selectable LED panels mounted in a simple wood frame, with a square grid under the panels. I have under $200 invested in this, and a total weight about 35-40 lbs. Fantastic, smooth, non glaring, even light.

Attachments

• 131329rrr.jpg
    131329rrr.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 446

thebaby

Jack of all trades
Silver Member
Love the light

Love the light I just made for my new table. 3-2'x2' color selectable LED panels mounted in a simple wood frame, with a square grid under the panels. I have under $200 invested in this, and a total weight about 35-40 lbs. Fantastic, smooth, non glaring, even light.
muskyed , you did a very nice job on your light. I sent you a message , Maybe you can help me. Thanks Frank

DirtySouth

Hey bud where did you get the grid panels at? If you don't mind me asking

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a square grid pattern, about 1/2 to 3/4" squares, doesn't really show in this picture, as it's washed out from the brightness.Got it at Menards, in the ceiling tile section. Comes in 2'x4' sheets and is about $13. I think Home Depot also has it also.. I cut one in half on my table saw, to end up with a 2'x6' size. Also used some clear white zip ties to attach them together. Really eliminates the glare you normally get. Some people use the silver/chrome, like on Diamonds lights, not sure where they get them. I really like the white that I have.

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a square grid pattern, about 1/2 to 3/4" squares, doesn't really show in this picture, as it's washed out from the brightness.Got it at Menards, in the ceiling tile section. Comes in 2'x4' sheets and is about $13. I think Home Depot also has it also.. I cut one in half on my table saw, to end up with a 2'x6' size. Also used some clear white zip ties to attach them together. Really eliminates the glare you normally get. Some people use the silver/chrome, like on Diamonds lights, not sure where they get them. I really like the white that I have.

The chrome/silver ones are available at home depot but are about 30 a piece for a 2x4. I just got two of them for my light we are building for the new table.