Joss- 1968-1979- Post your Pictures Please!!!

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am so happy with the three 70's Joss Cues that I have owed. So far they have been my favorite cues. I'm starting this thread for all the owners to post their cues. You don't see many of the 68-79 posted. I want to start a reference of those cues with this post. Please no posts newer Joss Cues.
Thanks.
Here is my favorite of the bunch I have. 1973-75 ebony with micarta joint.
1bf423dc.jpg

cd13e09f.jpg

89e4b33d.jpg

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the first Joss I owned. 1975-79 Diamond Series #3 Model.
5 shafts. Amazing old school feel.
josscue001.jpg

josscue002.jpg

josscue003.jpg

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Your playing cue with the micarta joint is a 68-72 Joss indicated by the logo with the italic J in Joss It was Nick Serdula's cue. I sold you the three Joss cues via Leon Sly. To help purchase Leon's new c&c machine.
The hoppe cue is a 1973
The rosewood is a 1968
These are very nice cues. Enjoy!
"country" Bob

Last edited:

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Bob.
Oh trust me I'm enjoying it. I thought the ebony w/ the Micarta Joint was Raist Chin's cue? Edwin Reyes? What's the scoop. I think that my signature was after '72 because it's NOT the slanted J and it's too neat. The 68-72 were super sloppy.

Here is my signature. Hopefully someone can post up the older one.

Bob, thanks for the cue! I'm enjoying it every day. If you sell more let me know.
Monte
250a40da.jpg

82a8405a.jpg

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my friend who I play 3-6 days a week has been using the same Joss he bought brand new in 74 for $240?.

The butt cap isnt origonal or the shafts, but the finish is and the wrap are origonal,

he has won and lost countless $$$ over the years with that cue-he only took maybe 6 months off pool the whole time, he is giving that cue a voice soon with a new book thats gonna be released very soon. I will release more information on the book soon, we got pushed back on press time for 2-3 weeks or we would be ready now. GRRRR. I say we, but Its not me, He is just a close friend-I didnt have anything to do with writing the book. Its gonna be a dandy though. Please if you know who I'm talking about-Lets keep it private so when presss time comes he can have his moment, ok? thanks.

Fatboy

Last edited:

g17csp3

Registered
I have had this for 10 years

This is mine.

The butt has a lot of scratches.
But the cue is full-original.

Attachments

• joss100.jpg
    joss100.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 8,465
  • joss200.jpg
    joss200.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 8,572
  • joss300.jpg
    joss300.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 8,450
  • joss400.jpg
    joss400.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 8,449

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice, that a mid 70's Model #8 Diamond Series. Sweet cue! I bet it's a player.
Thanks for posting.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is mine. Bill Stroud told me it is either a 69 or 70. It has 5/16x18 pin, one shaft micarta the other ivory. Weighs in at almost 22 ounces, but I love it.

I have been in an argument with myself on whether or not to get it refinished. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Joss 1.jpg
    Joss 1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 8,584
  • Joss 2.jpg
    Joss 2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 8,274
  • Joss 3.jpg
    Joss 3.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 8,561

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is mine. Bill Stroud told me it is either a 69 or 70. It has 5/16x18 pin, one shaft micarta the other ivory. Weighs in at almost 22 ounces, but I love it.

I have been in an argument with myself on whether or not to get it refinished. Let me know what you think.

As long as the wood is sealed leave it alone, If the wood is exposed,
refin to keep it from warping"
if You do a refinish, try to save the Old-school wrap
A sweet cue :wink:

Meezer Girl

not now, I'm eating !!!
Silver Member
1974 JOSS 21oz., 5/16x18 pin, all original w/2 original shafts

DSC02881.jpg

DSC02886.jpg

Yours is almost like "looking in my case" !!!!

Just reverse the window/background colors - I have dark windows on a light background. My wrap is all black.

I just have 1 shaft - I purchased it used in 1989.

Been playing phone-tag with Bill about a refinish of the butt - couple of cracks in the finish.

Sorry - no pix - it's on my list of "things to do" :(

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No comments, if you can't produce pictures! lol. Put that on the top of things to do.

Meezer Girl

not now, I'm eating !!!
Silver Member
No comments, if you can't produce pictures! lol. Put that on the top of things to do.

LOL - I hear you

Thing is - I have a Scruggs almost paid for that I hope to have in a couple of months then I was going to get pix of it, my Joss & I have another really old (unidentified) cue.

I want to post them up & get opinions of the oldest cue :)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love these old Joss Cues, I cant make a ball with them personally but I have seen great players use them and they are great cues, the quality of that era of Joss was as good as it got, they stand up to any cue IMO from 68-74ish. I have flipped a pile of them, some I wish I kept, I dont have one anymore:frown:.

thanks for all the pics,

Eric :)