Dennis Hatch forfeit at UPA championship

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking at the brackets for the UPA championships, and I saw and F for forfeit next to Fabio's name, we all know why now, but I also saw one next to Dennis Hatch's name anyone know why? I hope a case of self inflicted pain didn't suddenly break out in professional pool.:eek: Just another thought I had, our sport is having one of the most important tournaments it has, and it isn't accessible to watch unless your there or have some other special means that I am not aware of, it just pisses me off to no end.

Last edited:

a9ballbr8k

Don't anger my stakehorse
Silver Member
Wow, I can hardly believe Hatch would forfeit unless for some serious reasons. He has been a strong contender and has won some stops on the JOss Northeast Tour including the one just last weekend in Syracuse, NY. I hope to see him soon at the Rochester, NY stop if he's coming.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was sad because my buddy and I know Mike Davis and we were there waiting for the match and Dennis never posted. Mike was just hitting balls and waiting and got the bye. Too bad, it was certainly the best matchup on paper in the first round.

a9ballbr8k

Silver Member
Hmmm...makes me wonder what happened. Hey buddy how was the expo? Did you have fun? Also thanks for picking up the cue. You have a pm.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first day was great. Of all the players I saw, I thought Larry Nevel was playing the best. I did not see the 5:30 matches. Gabe was playing great too and Shane played well, but had a good first round match. His opponent played well, but missed a few makeable shots that could have turned the match around.

I saw some great cues and bought some good stuff. The only cue maker I wanted to see, but missed was Carolina Custom. I could not find their booth. I also had a nice chat with Jim Murnak. His cases are off the charts good.

a9ballbr8k

Silver Member
Carolina Cues-Why didn't you ask other people what booth they were at? I really like a lot of work that has come out of that shop and they are on my list.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We were allover the place, checking out cues, watching the pro event, watching the amateur event that it slipped my mind until we were headed back south. I know they were not on the main drag so they must have benn buried in a corner. I was happy just to find Martin:D . He is a very nice guy and had an awesome selection of cues.