New Diamond table delivered today...

Viader

Registered
Would love to post pics, but unfortunately, it is sitting in my pool room unassembled...

The delivery guys from Diamond showed up this morning and brought the pieces to assemble my new 8' table into my room. Since the room is in my basement (that is not a walk-out), I had to go with the three piece slate option, so the table comes unassembled. After waiting 13 weeks, the day was finally here! Or so I thought--the pedestal legs that came with it were for a nine footer! :mad:

They spent 30 minutes on the phone with HQ before giving me the bad news that I would have to wait for the right size legs to be made and shipped out. What was supposed to be Christmas day had turned into just another Monday.

Still waiting to find out when they will make this right. The sales guy called and said he was sorry to hear about the mix up. So there's that, but I am not very happy at the moment. Hopefully it will not turn into a month long wait, but I am not very optimistic. :(

Thanks for reading my vent!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
That's insane
Hope they compensate you in some way

Thought they were supposed to be delivered assembled already

Viader

Registered
Sounds like you got a Professional and not a ProAm.

Yep, here she is teasing me...

table.jpg

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Hope you measured and knew that the diamond 8' table measures 45x90 unlike any other 8'.

Enjoy.

Rob.M

Viader

Registered
Hope you measured and knew that the diamond 8' table measures 45x90 unlike any other 8'.

Enjoy.

Rob.M

That's the playing area measurement I used... got enough room for cueing from the face of the rail in all directions with a few inches to spare.

Thanks

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
Man you are going to love that table. I havent played on a table that I liked better. I sure hope they get the mix up figured out for you in a timely fashion. It would be so hard to look at all of those pieces sitting there mocking you!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Man you are going to love that table. I havent played on a table that I liked better. I sure hope they get the mix up figured out for you in a timely fashion. It would be so hard to look at all of those pieces sitting there mocking you!

Guess you've never played on a Gold Crown then:eek: lol

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
Guess you've never played on a Gold Crown then:eek: lol

I have and I love Gold Crowns as well. In fact, I am planning on buying one in the next couple of months. I dont think they can be beat for the money. However, I dont think I can say I like the way it plays "better". I like them equally. They are both great tables IMO.

XPLSV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would love to post pics, but unfortunately, it is sitting in my pool room unassembled...

They spent 30 minutes on the phone with HQ before giving me the bad news that I would have to wait for the right size legs to be made and shipped out. What was supposed to be Christmas day had turned into just another Monday.

Well, I still think it better than an average Monday...hope you get it straightened out soon!

lbostons

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I just ordered a 9-foot professional last week. I can honestly say I never thought something like this would happen or something I would have to worry about. I am sure it is an isolated incident (as I cross my fingers!). I was hoping the truck accidently got loaded wrong and your replacement was on the way.

I also think that you probably handled it better than I would. I am pretty sure I would flip out!

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Well I just ordered a 9-foot professional last week. I can honestly say I never thought something like this would happen or something I would have to worry about. I am sure it is an isolated incident (as I cross my fingers!). I was hoping the truck accidently got loaded wrong and your replacement was on the way.

I also think that you probably handled it better than I would. I am pretty sure I would flip out!
Had my 9ft Pro Am delivered a couple of weeks ago and everything went smooth. I wouldn't worry to much.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tbe delay sucks, but once you are past that initial snafu, you got years of awesome in your future..

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I feel your pain, I played phone tag for 6 months trying to get my ProAm in Dymondwood; finally settled on Cherry stained Oak. Believe me, the wait is worth it, I've played minimum 3 hours a day (with a couple of 12 hour sessions mixed in) on it since it was finally assembled in my garage three months ago. Pure heaven. Yes, GCs are great, but I'm totally over the moon with my Diamond; I don't think I've played on anything better, its only equal was a Kingcobra tuned up GC I played on once.

Corwyn_8

Energy Curmudgeon
Silver Member
Sympathies. It looks like a pretty table, hope you get to play on it soon.

Thank you kindly.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whens the pool party?!
I feel your pain, I played phone tag for 6 months trying to get my ProAm in Dymondwood; finally settled on Cherry stained Oak. Believe me, the wait is worth it, I've played minimum 3 hours a day (with a couple of 12 hour sessions mixed in) on it since it was finally assembled in my garage three months ago. Pure heaven. Yes, GCs are great, but I'm totally over the moon with my Diamond; I don't think I've played on anything better, its only equal was a Kingcobra tuned up GC I played on once.