Pool is second fiddle to cornhole on ESPN

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Maybe your unaware but pool surpassed bowling as the most played game in the county a few years mr. negativity lol so I promise you more people play pool then cornhole.

What most posters here continue to err on is, it is professional pool that is disappearing. Amateur pool, specifically league pool on a bar table, is still expanding. It just angers me "Cornholing" is on national TV whether broadcast or streamed and pool is not. Cornholing has a national sponsor. Pool does not. Something wrong with the picture.

Lyn

Pangit

Banned
With great ratings due to all the cornhole enthusiasts I hear they are working on Bonus Cornhole with orange and purple bean bags! :rolleyes:

Most cornhole enthusiasts voted for the Draft-Dodger-in-Chief. Enjoy the progamming. :thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What most posters here continue to err on is, it is professional pool that is disappearing. Amateur pool, specifically league pool on a bar table, is still expanding. It just angers me "Cornholing" is on national TV whether broadcast or streamed and pool is not. Cornholing has a national sponsor. Pool does not. Something wrong with the picture.

Lyn

Iv seen it on a few times , I'm not buying pool is played by , more people than corn hole is and I don't think it's even close I'd like to know how many boards are in use on a 4th of July weekend , in the last few yrs I've never been to a outside event where there is not a grill and corn hole board so it's easy to see how the get a sponsorship

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
They have bags tournaments where I play in leagues and they just look ridiculous with carrying their little bags cases. They look like purses for god sakes :grin:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is just too funny. Pool players all mocking because guys throwing beanbags at a hole in a piece of wood is more popular than THEIR game.

A clue: you are mocking the wrong thing.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Cornhole is so relatable though compared to pool... It's drunk rednecks putting things in holes in competition. Nothing like pool.

bullshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I laughed at this, because not only do I like drinking a few beers while tossing bags of corn at boards with holes, but because I play a banjo too! Not all at the time of course. I mean, a guy can only have so much fun before it becomes unhealthy.

Here is what I find most disappointing with cornhole vs pool on ESPN: The fact that a backyard cornhole association somehow does a better job of lobbying for tv time compared to the well-established professional billiards association. It's either that or there aren't many pool player folks at ESPN.

People are always willing to give new things a try, but anything with a reputation will have noses turned up.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BBC-to-CHE??????????????????

That would be " bean-bag center to corn-hole edge". I wonder if Stan has seen this game and whether aiming can be improved?

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
That would be " bean-bag center to corn-hole edge". I wonder if Stan has seen this game and whether aiming can be improved?

Gar, you had to do it. You just had to do it. Poor Stan will be besieged by a slew of unkempt inebriated redneck cornholers desperate to gain that last little edge. Wonder if the official sanctioning body has a certified scale and laser measuring device to keep competition fair? Are the targets set up using lasers? An inquiring mind wants to know :rolleyes: .

Lyn

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just watched a few minutes of cornhole on ESPN. A bunch of hicks tossing bean bags at a hole in a Board they took out of their s##t House. How in the world can ESPN show 30 minutes of pure hillbilly tomfoolery and not air professional pool matches?

I think I broke the code. Stupid chit sells.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gar, you had to do it. You just had to do it. Poor Stan will be besieged by a slew of unkempt inebriated redneck cornholers desperate to gain that last little edge. Wonder if the official sanctioning body has a certified scale and laser measuring device to keep competition fair? Are the targets set up using lasers? An inquiring mind wants to know :rolleyes: .

Lyn
NIIIICE-ly played,sir.:thumbup:

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crossover

Then the inevitable happens... I GOT NEXT.

Attachments

• WTF.jpg
    WTF.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 92

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But pitching bean bags at a board with holes in it is? Lol I’m pretty sure more people play pool then even know what corn hole is.

I don't think so. Bean bags/corn hole costs only the price of a set of boxes and bags that can be easily made, can be played by anyone without much skill, and makes for fun competition. It is played very commonly where I live in Illinois, and is a lot of fun. I would love to see pool on TV more, but pool just isn't popular enough among people to make it viable for tv, while almost everyone I know plays "bags" at one time or another. I doubt either will have a prolonged tv presence though.