Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page So Cal Straight Pool Community, Saturdays!
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
So Cal Straight Pool Community, Saturdays!
Old
  (#1)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
So Cal Straight Pool Community, Saturdays! - 02-26-2016, 03:37 AM

This Saturday Feb 27th we are meeting from 2 to 6 pm at Scratch Billiards in La Mirada, on La Mirada and Imperial Hwy, 15 minutes from Hard Times and Golden cue, next week special guests! Doors open at 1pm. Monthly Membership from 1pm to 2pm Every day all hours of operation only $80! Daily Pass $20, 8 Gold Crowns and about 9 more Unknow brand, shoots great! Especially for straight Pool!
For more info contact Mike Murphy: 909 205-6711

PAGE INFO
Category
Other : Community
Name
Orange County/ Los Angeles Straight Pool - 14.1 Community
Facebook Web Address
www.facebook.com/SoCalStraightPool
Start Date
Founded on February 4
Address
Scratch Billiards Bar & Grill, 15025 Imperial Hwy,, La Mirada, California 90638
Short Description
A So Cal Straight Pool Community for (14.1) players to meet up, play & compete.
Exchange Ideas & restore interest in The Championship Game of Billiards!

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

Straight Pool Group has been growing so much we were asked to Qualify for the US OPEN
Old
  (#2)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Straight Pool Group has been growing so much we were asked to Qualify for the US OPEN - 03-01-2016, 03:31 PM

Yep,
We have hit a an untapped resource, Straight Pool is Alive and well in So. Cal, so much so that upon seeing our facebook site with photos, I received a call from the folks from the 2016 US Open Straight Pool Championship in Windsor Locks, CT. And we were asked if we could host a qualifier, unfortunately the US Open is (April 20-24), and we just don't have the time to put a Qualifier together here in the LA area by the deadline of April 6th.
But it was awesome being asked, and look out next year... we will be a force to reckon with at the 2017 US Open Straight Pool Championship!
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

More Pics of last Saterday's Event will be posted Tonight!
Old
  (#3)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander

More Pics of last Saterday's Event will be posted Tonight! - 03-01-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMike View Post
Yep,
We have hit a an untapped resource, Straight Pool is Alive and well in So. Cal, so much so that upon seeing our facebook site with photos, I received a call from the folks from the 2016 US Open Straight Pool Championship in Windsor Locks, CT. And we were asked if we could host a qualifier, unfortunately the US Open is (April 20-24), and we just don't have the time to put a Qualifier together here in the LA area by the deadline of April 6th.
But it was awesome being asked, and look out next year... we will be a force to reckon with at the 2017 US Open Straight Pool Championship!
More Pics of last Saterday's Event will be posted Tonight!
See you all this Saturday. From 1pm-6pm table time is $20 for the 5 hours of pool, (The early Bird Special) just tell the Manager of Scratch "Real Men Play Straight Pool" unless your a woman then say.... or "GLTG Play Straight Pool!" This offer is good everyday thanks to all the straight pool action! Just ask for "The Early Bird Special" and play 5 hours of excellent pool in a nice quite air-conditioned environment for $20 bucks. Offer only good 1pm to 6pm!

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

With the help of Daniel Busch of POV pool LA may have qualifiers!
Old
  (#4)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander

With the help of Daniel Busch of POV pool LA may have qualifiers! - 03-02-2016, 06:18 PM

It Looks like with the help of Daniel Busch of POV pool LA may have qualifiers! Will Post dates and venue when I find out, a big Thank You to Daniel Busch!
In the meantime, as the qualifier may be a soon as the 1st week in April, Scratch Billiards 14.1 community will be practicing up both Sat. & Sunday from 1pm to 6pm, table time only $20. See you there! Also Scratch will be open for pool and straight pool practicing during the week with an early bird special from 1pm to 6pm every day for $20. that's 5 hours of pool for $20!

Here are some Pics from last Saturday!
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

More Pics of last Saterday's Event!
Old
  (#5)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander

More Pics of last Saterday's Event! - 03-02-2016, 06:28 PM

More Pics of Last Saturdays "Straight Pool Club" at Scratch Billiards in La Mirada!
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Old
  (#6)
Marop
14.1 - real pool
Marop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond repute

03-03-2016, 10:53 AM

More Pics of Last Saturdays "Straight Pool Club" at Scratch Billiards in La Mirada![/QUOTE]

I was there from 2 til 3 last Saturday, It didn't seem like much was happening. I guess I was little early.

-Bill

Sorry, yes we got off to a late start. I remember you.
Old
  (#7)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander

Sorry, yes we got off to a late start. I remember you. - 03-04-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marop View Post
More Pics of Last Saturdays "Straight Pool Club" at Scratch Billiards in La Mirada!
I was there from 2 til 3 last Saturday, It didn't seem like much was happening. I guess I was little early.

-Bill[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was supposed to start at 2pm. It started a little late, I hope next time you come out and play Bill! We have enough to do a 6 man workshop with Calvin Coker. $100 a piece, from 10:00am to 5pm on March 10th, we will be holding it down the street at Diamond Billiards, in Brea, on a Sunday.
Also this was only our 2nd week, I think we did pretty well. it's not easy getting players to shoot together for the love of the game with no $$$$.
I'm proud of what we have accomplished in just 2 weeks. This weekend member Colin Angle will be competing in the qualifier for the US Open in Connecticut!
Lets wish him Much Luck!
Hope to see you tomorrow Bill, and bring some friends!
I can't do this alone.
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Morning Sports fans!
Old
  (#8)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander

Morning Sports fans! - 03-05-2016, 01:00 PM

Everyone picking out there chalks and what not. I have been working on my break and different breaks shots. I was thinking at some point we could do a "best opening break competition". see who can leave the toughest rack. along with pairing up for some races to 50, so we can get around and mingle more. But always open to other idea's! So come on down and jump in! Don't be too cool for school, and beginners are welcome. Advanced players are welcome as well, we would love to learn from you! Please leave ego's at the door, your ego is not your amigo, I have played with the best players alive and none of them are as stuck up as an average a to b player. We are here to have fun your skill level is of no importance, of course we would love to see some great match ups! So stop on by & shoot some & have fun, over 200 micro-beers, good food, and stay and watch the fight after if youlike that stuff! we'll have and a Ball and Biscuit !

And wish our member Colin Angle Good Luck as he plays Easy street Billiards today in Monterey for the US Open 14.1 qualifier!
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Yesterday, Sat. 3/5/2016 Another Red Letter Day for our Straight Pool Group!
Old
  (#9)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander

Yesterday, Sat. 3/5/2016 Another Red Letter Day for our Straight Pool Group! - 03-06-2016, 01:22 PM

Despite some regulars not being able to make it,due to one of our founding members Roman's aunt's passing. We had a big much different turn out, some very advanced players including Ron Rosas of 80's and 90's 9-ball fame! Along with some of the top local talent. Tremoore (the Nigerian Dwarf know as The Terror of Tiny Town) and Jimbo along with a couple Danny K and Hardtimes players. Tremoore (The Terror of Tiny Town) stole the show with a high run of 60 balls his second inning in his 1st match against Ron Rosas! Ron quickly strung a 30 ball run, a safety and several 14 to 18 ball runs together for a win of 100 to 84 total.
Tremoore (the Nigerian Dwarf) kept the High run, Jimbo had some awesome games beating me; who couldn't hit the urinal with a funnel yesterday! But had a great time! Sorry it wasn't as organized as last week but with so many more players it was hard to meet everyone, just keep coming folks hopefully the regulars will be back tomorrow....Open to Beginners, Intermediates and advanced(as well as "wee folk" & Chinamen" Big Prayers going out to Roman's family and aunt who passed away Friday... Roman, Please accept my heartfelt sympathies for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. May God's Grace strengthen your family.
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Last edited by MalibuMike; 03-10-2016 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Spelling

Old
  (#10)
RonRosas
"Mexican" Ron Rosas
RonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2016, 03:44 AM

Well show up this saturday partner.
"Mexican Ron" Rosas

Mexican" Ron Rosas

"

Old
  (#11)
RonRosas
"Mexican" Ron Rosas
RonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond reputeRonRosas has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2016, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marop View Post

-Bill[/QUOTE]

Well show up this Saturday partner..... a little early.

So that was Tremoore (the Nigerian Dwarf) damn,all that time I was calling him Perry the Pygmy! Nice stroke........ Buttery!
Attached Images

Mexican" Ron Rosas

"

Last edited by RonRosas; 03-10-2016 at 03:58 AM.

Looking Forward to this Saterday! Should break the magic 32 number of members!!
Old
  (#12)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander

Looking Forward to this Saterday! Should break the magic 32 number of members!! - 03-11-2016, 12:56 PM

Looking Forward to this Saterday! Should break the magic 32 number of members! Looking forward to the return of Colin Angle, as well as Roman (hang in there Bro, sorry about your loss. If you can't make you will be in our thoughts and Prayers! I've been talking to Keith McCready in D.C., and him and Ron Rosas are cooking something pretty cool up, more info Soon!

[IMG]www.sfbilliards.com/accustats/V1_N10.pdf[/IMG]

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Old
  (#13)
poolmouse
AzB Silver Member
poolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2016, 06:09 PM

Its Saturday, and past the start time, but thought I'd drop by to watch. Maybe even get on a table if any are available, for some 14.1.

Where is this going to be?

Last edited by poolmouse; 03-12-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Next Meet-up!
Old
  (#14)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander

Next Meet-up! - 03-14-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmouse View Post
Its Saturday, and past the start time, but thought I'd drop by to watch. Maybe even get on a table if any are available, for some 14.1.

Where is this going to be?
Next meet up will be next Saturday March 19th, 1pm at Scratch Billiards!

Scratch Billiards Bar & Grill
15025 Imperial Hwy, La Mirada, CA 90638 Leffingwell
(562) 902-7665 $$$$$

http://www.bing.com/local?lid=YN81x9...rds+la+mirada#

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Opening Ceremony Wows Stars of Straight Pool!
Old
  (#15)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander

Opening Ceremony Wows Stars of Straight Pool! - 03-16-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMike View Post
We are into week 4 of our So.Cal Straight Pool Community, and we are spreading like wildfire! WHO KNEW STRAIGHT POOL WOULD EVER BE THIS HUGE ON THE WEST COAST!
It's a 14.1 Weekend! First our weekly Saturday March 19th, round-up at SCRATCH BILLIARDS, La Mirada, on the corner of Imperial Hwy & La Mirada Blvd.

Then on Sunday March 20th, its back to school, as Calvin Coker holds an all day Straight Pool Work Shop and Seminar, from 10am to 5pm. (Lunch will be provided.)

Beginner's welcome! In Fact, like my friend Bill W, says your the most important person in the Pool Hall, as the game of straight pool takes off to dominate the wide world of billiards once again, as The Championship Game of Billiards! See you there! Don't be too cool for school, we are all here to have a good time!
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Tags
14.1 straight pool, los angeles, orange county, straight pool

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: