Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page New Video Dealing with Creative and Unusual Bridge Options
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
06-11-2019, 05:15 PM

If anyone can find a pic of Bobby Chamberlain's bridge, it is about as unique as I has ever seen for a daily driver.

Old
  (#17)
Luxury
AzB Silver Member
Luxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300
  Send a message via Yahoo to Luxury  
06-11-2019, 05:16 PM

Best video I’ve seen in years thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#18)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
If anyone can find a pic of Bobby Chamberlain's bridge, it is about as unique as I has ever seen for a daily driver.
Are you thick? How hard was that?
Attached Images

Old
  (#19)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

06-11-2019, 05:19 PM

113 balls ran? Pssssshaw. He only ran 90+ on me before I ran away.

Old
  (#20)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member
BRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-11-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Are you thick? How hard was that?
Reported for harassment of a forum member!

Old
  (#21)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

06-11-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
Reported for harassment of a forum member!
Kiitos!!!!!!

Old
  (#22)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-12-2019, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
That shot/bridge right after the “sliding butt bridge” (or just #2) is very crafty and useful.
Are you referring to the 2nd sliding-butt bridge with the grip-hand fingers gripping the shaft close to a solid bridge hand to prevent the double hit? If so, I agree ... that is useful. FYI, here are previous videos Bob Jewett and I filmed many years ago showing several other useful techniques for avoiding double hits:

NV B.49 – Using your knuckles to prevent a double hit and stop the cue ball, with Bob Jewett
NV B.50 – Using your knuckles to prevent a double hit and get follow, with Bob Jewett
NV B.51 – Using your natural forward stroke limit to prevent a double hit and get draw, with Bob Jewett
NV B.52 – Using a fouetté shot to prevent a double hit, with Bob Jewett

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
And I think those last 2 were pretty dang cool, legal or otherwise
I hope that the next revision of the official WPA rules of pool is more forgiving than the current rules. IMO, one should be allowed to use a mechanical bridge however they want to help support the cue or bridge hand. One should also be allowed to place the cue on the table without keeping a hand on it. And one should be able to use the cue, the CB (with ball in hand) or their hands to measure whatever they want to measure (e.g., a ball gap).

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#23)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfleinen View Post
A very good video -- quite good, in fact
Thank you.

Quote:
-- even if the narrator (Dr. Dave) sounds like a GPS / navigator monotone voice.
My wife calls it my "teaching voice."

Quote:
Learned a couple bridge techniques from this video, which made me go.... "Recalculating!"

-Sean <-- "Alexa Dave -- how much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
Alexa Dave:

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Thanks for the comments,
Dave

PS: I like Alexa's voice ... smart and slightly sexy.

Old
  (#24)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

06-12-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
I think this is it, shot #2.

I can’t time stamp on my phone, but here’s the link: https://youtu.be/KNVlt3wBwco

Edit here’s a better one, about 3 min in: https://youtu.be/jwuf6kbA2YM

It was 2014 US Open finals against Orcollo.
Thanks! I've added a link to the YouTube video description. Here's what I have so far for pro examples of bridges used in my video:

Efren Reyes pinch bridge under cue with butt push

Ronnie Alcano regular stroke with bridge

Kyren Wilson hand bridge on top of mechanical bridge stick

Shane Van Boening stacked-bridge jump shot

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by dr_dave; 06-12-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Old
  (#25)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

06-12-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxury View Post
Best video I’ve seen in years thank you so much.
Most supportive post I've ever seen on AZB.

Thanks,
Dave

Old
  (#26)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

06-12-2019, 07:06 AM

Here's another:

Gary Wilson elevating the mechanical bridge (rest) with his hand

I don't know why a snooker player would resort to this when they have all of those awesome high and long-reach spider rests. Dose anybody know why he chose to do this?

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by dr_dave; 06-12-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Old
  (#27)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

06-12-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
The one I remember is SVB jumping with two bridges in the finals of the US Open.
With a decent jump cue and stroke, this really isnt that hard to do. It's even easier with the classic white plastic bridgeheads because they have a little notch that allows them to interlock for the very purpose of stacking them.

Not to take away what Shane did plus the setting, still awesome to see in a high pressure finals match in one of the largest tournaments in the world.

But give it a try, youd be surprised.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#28)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

06-12-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
"Bullshit Bridge"
FYI, several people have asked about this on YouTube, so I added the following to the YouTube video description:

NOTE about "bullshit bridge:" Several people have asked why I chose this name (especially since it might be considered offensive to some). The reason is when the two middle fingers are curled under, the bridge looks like the standard hand gesture for "bullshit." The same hand gesture is also used for heavy metal "rock on" and The University of Texas "Hook 'em Horns" ... among many other meanings. For more info, see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sign_of_the_horns

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#29)
Tooler
Inside Engrish Prease
Tooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

06-12-2019, 07:40 AM

Why is it called the bullshit bridge.?

I always thought it was the 2 finger cul de sac.

Oh, wait.....

Awesome video Doc.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Playing cues: Big-Pin Ivory Scruggs
Judd Wrapless (Still the All Time Fav).
Cue Case: Whitten 2x4
Tip: Searing (Hard)
Fav shaft: Gulyassy SPTX(whip it good)

Old
  (#30)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Silver Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-12-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
Are you referring to the 2nd sliding-butt bridge with the grip-hand fingers gripping the shaft close to a solid bridge hand to prevent the double hit? If so, I agree ... that is useful. FYI, here are previous videos Bob Jewett and I filmed many years ago showing several other useful techniques for avoiding double hits:

NV B.49 – Using your knuckles to prevent a double hit and stop the cue ball, with Bob Jewett
NV B.50 – Using your knuckles to prevent a double hit and get follow, with Bob Jewett
NV B.51 – Using your natural forward stroke limit to prevent a double hit and get draw, with Bob Jewett
NV B.52 – Using a fouetté shot to prevent a double hit, with Bob Jewett

I hope that the next revision of the official WPA rules of pool is more forgiving than the current rules. IMO, one should be allowed to use a mechanical bridge however they want to help support the cue or bridge hand. One should also be allowed to place the cue on the table without keeping a hand on it. And one should be able to use the cue, the CB (with ball in hand) or their hands to measure whatever they want to measure (e.g., a ball gap).

Regards,
Dave
Yes that was the shot I was referring to, and thank you kindly for those other links. I can’t get to them from work but I will definitely check them out later.

Your time and effort has helped me in my few years of playing, I’ve got the VEPP dvds and they rock. Thanks again

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: