Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page New Video Dealing with Creative and Unusual Bridge Options
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-12-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
Your time and effort has helped me in my few years of playing, Iíve got the VEPP dvds and they rock. Thanks again
You're welcome. I'm glad to hear you like my stuff.

Catch you later,
Dave

Old
  (#32)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
FYI, I just posted the following new video on YouTube:

NV J.22 – Top 10 Creative Billiards Bridge Options

Check it out. It demonstrates the following creative, unusual, and useful hand and mechanical bridge options:

1 – Elevated Hand Bridge
2 – Thigh Bridge
3 – Air Bridge
4 – Sliding-Butt Bridge
5 – Mechanical Bridge with Normal Stroke
6 – Vertical Mechanical Bridge
7 – Stacked Mechanical Bridges
8 – Hand-Elevated Mechanical Bridge
9 – Hand-Bridge on Mechanical Bridge Head
10 – Hand-Bridge on Mechanical Bridge Stick

Which do you guys like the best? Are there any that you had not seen before? A few of these have been discussed in recent threads, and I got some additional ideas from Bob Jewett.

Enjoy, and thanks in advance for any feedback or comments,
Dave
Has anybody seen other creative/unusual/useful bridges not included in my video. If you have a video link, please share it.

Thanks,
Dave

Old
  (#33)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
All the more impressive because he is playing the world #1 Mark Selby and if he misses the shot he loses the frame. This was in the 2019 World Championship and Wilson beat Selby in the match 13-10. Here's a link to the full match: https://youtu.be/v3SLEdaEGGc?t=8975 (2:30:00 time for the bridge shot)

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#34)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

06-12-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Here's another:

Gary Wilson elevating the mechanical bridge (rest) with his hand

I don't know why a snooker player would resort to this when they have all of those awesome high and long-reach spider rests. Dose anybody know why he chose to do this?
All the more impressive because he is playing the world #1 Mark Selby and if he misses the shot he loses the frame. This was in the 2019 World Championship and Wilson beat Selby in the match 13-10. Here's a link to the full match: https://youtu.be/v3SLEdaEGGc?t=8975 (2:30:00 time for the bridge shot)
Thanks for the link to the full-match video. I've updated my link above and in the YouTube video description.

Do you or others know why he would chose to do this when he has convenient access to those cool snooker spider and extended "rests?"

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by dr_dave; 06-12-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Old
  (#35)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-12-2019, 10:32 AM

Thank you Dr. Dave. And please...never leave us. I really enjoy your posts.

Old
  (#36)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

06-12-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Thank you Dr. Dave. And please...never leave us. I really enjoy your posts.
You're welcome ... and thank you. I aim to swerve.

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#37)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-12-2019, 10:59 AM

Great bridge lesson!

#2, with the knee on the table, leg sort of folded up, very handy. I remember you doing this for a jump shot during our VNEA match. But the cb was farther out toward center table. You made this move look so natural, and I remember thinking...."Damn, can I even do that, I mean, without first doing some stretching exercises?" Lol

Congrats on a couple of strong finishes in both 8 and 9 ball by the way!

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#38)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

06-12-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
Great bridge lesson!
Thanks.

Quote:
#2, with the knee on the table, leg sort of folded up, very handy. I remember you doing this for a jump shot during our VNEA match. But the cb was farther out toward center table. You made this move look so natural, and I remember thinking...."Damn, can I even do that, I mean, without first doing some stretching exercises?" Lol
This is definitely an advantage of being tall and in good physical condition. The downside is the need for a deep-crouch stance to get my head low on normal shots. Bob Jewett says I should consider femur-reduction surgery so I can join the ranks of the "vertically challenged."

Quote:
Congrats on a couple of strong finishes in both 8 and 9 ball by the way!
Thanks. And congrats again for beating me in my first-round 8-ball match. I was very embarrassed by my level of play, but it was a good wake-up call. I was able to win the next 6 matches to make it to the final round. My 6th match was a close call against a very solid wheelchair player. Talk about bridges ... that guy could reach everything, and he wasn't phased at all by a 2'-3' bridge, and he only used a cue extension once during the entire match!

Catch you later,
Dave

Old
  (#39)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
... Bob Jewett says I should consider femur-reduction surgery so I can join the ranks of the "vertically optimum." ...
FTFY. And you will finally be able to fit into airline seats.

Old
  (#40)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

06-12-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Bob Jewett says I should consider femur-reduction surgery so I can join the ranks of the "vertically challenged."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett misquote of dr_dave
Bob Jewett says I should consider femur-reduction surgery so I can join the ranks of the "vertically optimum."
FTFY. And you will finally be able to fit into airline seats.
Shame on you for editing my quote.

You're a bad boy.

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#41)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

06-12-2019, 03:30 PM

Here are two more:

Sunny Akani Songsermsawad regular stroke with mechanical bridge (rest)

Ronnie O'Sullivan elevating the mechanical bridge (rest) with his hand

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#42)
ceebee
AzB Silver Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to ceebee 
06-12-2019, 04:13 PM

Nice thread. In my 60 years of playing, I've used a lot of those. The one I'm gonna try , real quick is that "Bumpin' the Butt, in the Pinch Stroke. I can hear them hollerin' now... Thanks Dr Dave...

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
SKYPE charley.bond.inola
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Old
  (#43)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

06-12-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee View Post
Nice thread. In my 60 years of playing, I've used a lot of those. The one I'm gonna try , real quick is that "Bumpin' the Butt, in the Pinch Stroke. I can hear them hollerin' now... Thanks Dr Dave...
I'm glad you liked it, and good luck palm-punchin' the butt. It is easier and more effective than it might look.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by dr_dave; 06-12-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Old
  (#44)
ceebee
AzB Silver Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to ceebee 
06-12-2019, 05:39 PM

We play Golf, every weekend, on a 10 Foot Brunswick Royale Snooker Table. Sometimes, when the cue ball is close to the end rail, us guys under 5'11" can't reach the shot, even with a Crutch, that Bumping Shot might come in handy...

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
SKYPE charley.bond.inola
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Old
  (#45)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

06-12-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee View Post
We play Golf, every weekend, on a 10 Foot Brunswick Royale Snooker Table. Sometimes, when the cue ball is close to the end rail, us guys under 5'11" can't reach the shot, even with a Crutch, that Bumping Shot might come in handy...
... most definitely.

Thank you for your posts,
Dave

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: