Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Are the best Taiwanese Players, as strong as the best from the Philippines?
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Are the best Taiwanese Players, as strong as the best from the Philippines?
Old
  (#1)
9 Ball Fan
Darth Maximus
9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Are the best Taiwanese Players, as strong as the best from the Philippines? - 06-14-2019, 09:22 PM

Is Taiwan on the same level, talent-wise?

Favorite Cues:
Meucci Pro Series
1990s Viking

Old
  (#2)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2019, 09:42 PM

IMHO, the best Taiwanese and Chinese are STRONGER than the best from the Philippines.

They play a "simpler" and "more consistent" style than the players from the Philippines.

They stay closer to the center of the cue ball and they make fewer errors.

Old
  (#3)
9ball5032
AzB Silver Member
9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
IMHO, the best Taiwanese and Chinese are STRONGER than the best from the Philippines.

They play a "simpler" and "more consistent" style than the players from the Philippines.

Ditto...Ö..

Old
  (#4)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-15-2019, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post

This is so funny because itís not really true. I was in the front row of the DCC and was sitting next to a guy who would never been to one of these tournaments. And heís from the Internet (last name is Manning). We are watching Jung Lin Chan play, and at one point the guy I am sitting with gasps.Literally gasped. I asked whatís up, I he said he canít believe how much English this guy plays with even on what looks to be a simple shots . The gasp came on an extremely low left english to the edge of the cue ball, and the cueball was not going to a cushion. And this is Chang!, A player that everybody seems to believe has the best patterns because of his simplicity. And yet in the front row, you could see just how much English he actually uses. Thatís the reality. I know everyone thinks he stays near the center. But heís off-center over 60% of the shots, just like every other professional. And he goes to the ďgobs of english ď well, just like every pro.

I think the Taiwanese stroke mechanics contuse people to make them believe they stay near the center. I read people say the same about Buddy Hall, but Buddy was the guy ai point to that used the most english Iíd ever seen in my life at that point. Watching in person and with intent on their english use proves this over and over.

Freddie <~~~ in praise of reality

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#5)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
This is so funny because itís not really true. I was in the front row of the DCC and was sitting next to a guy who would never been to one of these tournaments. And heís from the Internet (last name is Manning). We are watching Jung Lin Chan play, and at one point the guy I am sitting with gasps.Literally gasped. I asked whatís up, I he said he canít believe how much English this guy plays with even on what looks to be a simple shots . The gasp came on an extremely low left english to the edge of the cue ball, and the cueball was not going to a cushion. And this is Chang!, A player that everybody seems to believe has the best patterns because of his simplicity. And yet in the front row, you could see just how much English he actually uses. Thatís the reality. I know everyone thinks he stays near the center. But heís off-center over 60% of the shots, just like every other professional. And he goes to the ďgobs of english ď well, just like every pro.

I think the Taiwanese stroke mechanics contuse people to make them believe they stay near the center. I read people say the same about Buddy Hall, but Buddy was the guy ai point to that used the most english Iíd ever seen in my life at that point. Watching in person and with intent on their english use proves this over and over.

Is this like when you estimated Sigel's shaft size from a glance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Jesus never existed. It is the longest running practical joke the Jews or anybody else has ever pulled.

Old
  (#6)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
Is this like when you estimated Sigel's shaft size from a glance?
Butt hurt much?

I know you’re a bit clueless, so here’s what Sigel had to say.

Mike Sigel says:

“I prefer 12.8”

Unlike you, I wasn’t wrong, since I didn’t make any claims, and I was happy to get the correct information. You on the other made incorrect claims and got butt hurt over the correction, so much that you are saving this little post to somehow “get me back.” Silly.

So every time you mention that I said “it looks like Mike Sigel shoots with 13mm tip,” we can all read it as you are still butt hurt and doing a poor job at”retaliation.” Sad, but that’s you.

Go ahead and stutter out something else.

Freddie <~~~ not a bad estimate.

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Last edited by Cornerman; 06-15-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Old
  (#7)
Cross
AzB Silver Member
Cross has a reputation beyond reputeCross has a reputation beyond reputeCross has a reputation beyond reputeCross has a reputation beyond reputeCross has a reputation beyond reputeCross has a reputation beyond reputeCross has a reputation beyond reputeCross has a reputation beyond reputeCross has a reputation beyond reputeCross has a reputation beyond reputeCross has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 07:27 AM

I think the best taiwanese would be at par with the best pinoys..

Its worth mentioning tho that Philippine pool of players seem to be much much deeper than Taiwanís

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old
  (#8)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member
RichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 07:54 AM

Philippino creativity will help them get out of unlucky rolls better...and that is ALWAYS a factor.

Old
  (#9)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

06-15-2019, 08:18 AM

I'd call it a dead heat right now, but the Taiwanese and Chinese appear to be gradually claiming the top spot in world pool and will, I believe get there within a year or two.

Old
  (#10)
9 Ball Fan
Darth Maximus
9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 08:59 AM

With a population over 1 billion; if pool ever becomes super popular in China, they will have hordes of players testing each other before playing on the world stage.

Favorite Cues:
Meucci Pro Series
1990s Viking

Old
  (#11)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 Ball Fan View Post
With a population over 1 billion; if pool ever becomes super popular in China, they will have hordes of players testing each other before playing on the world stage.
I think that's not the plan. The plan is to have people come to China to play Chinese 8 Ball. Or at least that's the plan of some.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#12)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 05:01 PM

Oh lord Freddie, You made up a shaft diameter which wasn't close in reply to someone's direct question. You were corrected for spreading misinformation by one of the oldtimers, then acknowledged you just made up the shaft diameter(lmao).

Since you made up a shaft diameter out of thin air, I am simply asking if your comment about english is solid information, or made up information like Sigel's shaft size?

You have been "butt hurt" Every since I asked why you dont hold yourself to the same standard you hold others too. You went on and on roasting me for "spreading misinformation" for simply asking a question about an article and wikipedia article I had read on Kaci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Jesus never existed. It is the longest running practical joke the Jews or anybody else has ever pulled.

Old
  (#13)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
I'd call it a dead heat right now, but the Taiwanese and Chinese appear to be gradually claiming the top spot in world pool and will, I believe get there within a year or two.
They have competed against "each other" in international team competitions, yes?

My guess is ...if you took the top 3 PI's vs the top 3 Taiwanese. Taiwan would have an edge. But make it a 10 best vs 10 best, PI would handily win.

Old
  (#14)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post

I know everyone thinks he stays near the center. But heís off-center over 60% of the shots, just like every other professional. And he goes to the ďgobs of english ď well, just like every pro.
I try to play where I'm off-center on almost every shot. I play TOI and am always favoring one side of the cue ball.

If I need to, I can "make the tires squeal"...I just try to keep it to the minimum.

Old
  (#15)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 08:07 PM

I like that there are so many good Phillipines 1p players.

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: