George Fels -- heart attack

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
My old pal, the great pool writer, George Fels suffered a serious heart attack yesterday. He is in Swedish Covenant hospital. I dont have any further info yet, other than he may be in a coma. That was the word I got late last night from Larry Schwartz.

I will find out more as the day goes on. Hopefully, he will be well enough for me to be able to visit him.

We should all say a prayer for George, God knows the pool world needs him.

Beard

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My old pal, the great pool writer, George Fels suffered a serious heart attack yesterday. He is in Swedish Covenant hospital. I dont have any further info yet, other than he may be in a coma. That was the word I got late last night from Larry Schwartz.

I will find out more as the day goes on. Hopefully, he will be well enough for me to be able to visit him.

Beard

Get well, George. We all love and need you.

Lou Figueroa

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Beard

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this, Freddy. Thanks for letting us know.

Damn. I love George. Please inform me of his hospital info and room number. I'd like to send him some stuff once he is well enough to receive it.

I had a major heart attack in 2004, at age 37. I survived but now have 5 stents. It's a scary time. Sending out prayers for George.

Randy

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Sad news. Prayers for George. We can only hope its not as bad as it sounds.

Thank you for the informing us Freddy.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn. I love George. Please inform me of his hospital info and room number. I'd like to send him some stuff once he is well enough to receive it.

I had a major heart attack in 2004, at age 37. I survived but now have 5 stents. It's a scary time. Sending out prayers for George.

Randy

Randy, my goodness, that is scary for you. My brother had a couple stents put in as well. You're a brave man.

One thing I know from experiencing this from afar with my family, eating habits are key. One must eat healthy.

Wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR, Randy, with good health, joy, and love in your heart -- and this goes for everybody else too.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
George hang in there. This country you in has good health care so I'm sure your in good hands. Looking forward to your next words, and the best to family and friends at this time.
Keep slugging away Chi Town man.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

I am sorry to hear this news, I know he is a strong man and hopefully that will help him recover through this. When I get a Billiard Digest I go right to the back and read his column first. I hope everyone on here can say a prayer for Mr. Fels.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Get well George,the world is a better place with you in it :thumbup:. Tommy D.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the best people in the pool world that I've unfortunately, as yet, been unable to meet face to face. I had two stents put in on Friday, the 13th and it very possibly saved my life. All the best, George, and hope for a full recovery!!
Please keep us informed, Freddy!!

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Fight for it George! You've got more than a few chapters yet to write! Sincere prayers for a speedy recovery!

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
I hate to be the one throwing cold water, but I just talked to George's son Adam and it looks very dim. Very dim. George doesnt figure to regain consciousness, barring a miracle.

I am devastated. George and I go back to Bensingers 1962. His sons went to the same school as my daughter, Francis W Parker.

Without George editing all 389 pages of my book -- three different times! -- I had zero chance of putting out any sort of decent product. Speaking of zero, that was what he charged me to do that extremely professional editing job.

An editing job of that magnitude would ordinarily run an author around $10,000. My daughter just went for $2500 just to take a basic look at her manuscript.

I am going to really miss my pal.

I am out of words, sorry.

Beard