Chevillotte billiard table information needed

3cfan

Registered
I'm seeking information about the heater system on a Chevillotte carom table (Europa model, I believe - steel frame with inverted tripod legs),
The light on the transformer is on but there is no heat to the slate.
I'm guessing the wire heating filament is somewhere burnt in two.
It appears there is no way to remove the plywood from the bottom to inspect the wires.

Do the slates have to be removed to get to the heating element?

Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated.

openminded

Registered
3cfan,
I have a verhoeven table and for getting at your heating elements, you must slide the slates on each end over to get to the connections.
Also, if you have 2 lights (red and green) as I have, the green light is always on and the red light only comes on when heating the table.
Once it gets to temperature, the red goes out.
My advice would be e-mailing the manufacturer for a schematic
Best of luck to you.

seanandnik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mazin

I would try to contact Mazin Shooni as he had 2 of these tables at his last room which he just recently left, he opened a new room with Breton's. He is a great guy and might have your answer as I think he does his own table set ups.

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New heating system

Carom Cafe and other tri-state carom rooms have replaced the default heating system on their heated tables with a superior new system invented by Mr. Kwang Ok in NY.

Instead of an exposed heating wire, such as most default heating systems use, Mr. Ok's system uses a full-contact heating pad that warms the slate evenly IN ALL PLACES and while sealing in the heat so there is less energy loss. It is FAR more energy efficient which means lower electric bills.

If you want, I can put you in touch with him. Besides replacing the default elements from many European carom table brands (Verhoeven, Cheviotte, etc) he has custom-heated many antique brunswick carom tables at the private clubs and homes in the NYC area and I will attest to the fact that he does an amazing job.

-Ira

3cfan

Registered
Thank you all for your insight.
I would still like to know: Can you access the heating system from the underside of the table, or do the slates have to be removed?
This is not my table so I do not know what the underside looks like.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Thank you all for your insight.
I would still like to know: Can you access the heating system from the underside of the table, or do the slates have to be removed?
This is not my table so I do not know what the underside looks like.

3cfan; I spoke to Jay Speilberg, a TOP mechanic in USA. He told me you HAVE TO remove the slates to replace the heating system on that particular table.

He also advised, NOT trying to repair the coils by splicing them, if burnt out, could cause a fire!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://mr3cushion.com

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the heating plates are on a kind of rail, between the bottom plywood plate and the slates. You can access to them by sliding/removing the plywood . (on the europas of my poolclub, you just have to slide the plywood a bit to remove it)
Did you test the tension on the exit wires after the thermostat ? (we had a similar issue years ago after we disassembled/moved/reassembled one of our 10' table because of a demo. a wire was simply unlocked )

Last edited:

3cfan

Registered
Carom Cafe and other tri-state carom rooms have replaced the default heating system on their heated tables with a superior new system invented by Mr. Kwang Ok in NY.

Instead of an exposed heating wire, such as most default heating systems use, Mr. Ok's system uses a full-contact heating pad that warms the slate evenly IN ALL PLACES and while sealing in the heat so there is less energy loss. It is FAR more energy efficient which means lower electric bills.

If you want, I can put you in touch with him. Besides replacing the default elements from many European carom table brands (Verhoeven, Cheviotte, etc) he has custom-heated many antique brunswick carom tables at the private clubs and homes in the NYC area and I will attest to the fact that he does an amazing job.

-Ira

Please you tell me how to contact Mr. Kwang Ok, or where to find more information about the above mentioned heating system.

carombola

I have the same problem with my Chevillotte carom table. Thermostat light is on but there is no heat. Would appreciate any help / suggestions. Thanks.

Francisco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello
In the club where I play we have 4 Chevillotte 3 - cushions Europa Model, for about 10 or 11 years, and we never had that problem. I've changed e-mails with Mr. Christophe Chevillotte, about the Chevillotte cushions and he replied me. Have you sent an e-mail to Chevillotte and ask the opinion of them, about this matter.

best regards

Francisco

carombola

Hi Francisco,
Thank you for your post. I sent Chevillotte an email 2 days ago. Still waiting for a reply. Had my table for 9 years and this is the first time I had a problem with it.

Francisco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello
It's Christmas and New year time, it's my believe that he will reply, perhaps only next year, be patient.
Happy 2014.

Best regards
Francisco

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neat...mr ok does the tables at one of the places I visit in va.
He is highly regarded by the owner.

-Ira