Diamond tables don't seem that great.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's up with all the low post count, years old posters that just jump in like they've been chatting with old friends for years?
Hmmmm:rolleyes:
Troll-o-lol

Only two mans nose:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190715-220903.jpg
    Screenshot_20190715-220903.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 207

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know it for a fact but I suspect that some people created two or three extra accounts when the ban hammer was flying fast and furious. I see people posting with ten year old accounts and less than ten posts.

I was messing around earlier and looked at my "friends". Most are dead or gone, or are they?? Whatever, I don't care.

Hu

I started this account 5 years ago when I bought my first cue after 25 years of using any stick handed to me (it broke in a week). I'm not a gear head in pool as I don't care about prices or brand, and this forum tends to head that direction.

I suspect most people have other interests they partake in frequently... carpentry, sewing, painting, music, writing (I enjoy all those). If it's not the hobbies, family. I started playing again 2 years ago solely to spend time with my son (he's in his twenties now). At some point, he won't even have time for that :-(, so I'm getting out there with him at any chance.

One thing is for sure, there is a lot of bitter people here caught up in some kind of clique trying to play head games, so it could be very possible (if not probable) that a lot of people have just abandoned this place in favor of Reddit or general point forums across leagues and venues. Being that somehow the billiards reddit isn't a bitter black hole (which is a miracle considering its reddit), that place seems likely to have some conversation you might enjoy.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know it for a fact but I suspect that some people created two or three extra accounts when the ban hammer was flying fast and furious. I see people posting with ten year old accounts and less than ten posts.

I was messing around earlier and looked at my "friends". Most are dead or gone, or are they?? Whatever, I don't care.

Hu

I know some have multiple accounts for obvious reasons.

I know a few like myself that stop putting vids up because of the smarta55's on here that seem to not be happy unless they can start chit and they usually do so with one of their secret accounts.

Then again, there are a few on here that are old members that joined in 2004 or so and think there above some just because if that and I fell for that chit until I met a few of them. Lol.....couldn't run 3 balls much less what they led folks to believe just because they "sound" knowledgeable.

Anyways, yeah, I hate a keyboard tough guy. Better known in my neck of the woods as a COWARD.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
One thing is for sure, there is a lot of bitter people here caught up in some kind of clique trying to play head games...

Some may be bitter 'cuz they play on "cheap" Diamonds, but some may be better.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know some have multiple accounts for obvious reasons.

I know a few like myself that stop putting vids up because of the smarta55's on here that seem to not be happy unless they can start chit and they usually do so with one of their secret accounts.

Then again, there are a few on here that are old members that joined in 2004 or so and think there above some just because if that and I fell for that chit until I met a few of them. Lol.....couldn't run 3 balls much less what they led folks to believe just because they "sound" knowledgeable.

Anyways, yeah, I hate a keyboard tough guy. Better known in my neck of the woods as a COWARD.

(Cron)I started this account 5 years ago when I bought my first cue after 25 years of using any stick handed to me (it broke in a week). I'm not a gear head in pool as I don't care about prices or brand, and this forum tends to head that direction.

I suspect most people have other interests they partake in frequently... carpentry, sewing, painting, music, writing (I enjoy all those). If it's not the hobbies, family. I started playing again 2 years ago solely to spend time with my son (he's in his twenties now). At some point, he won't even have time for that :-(, so I'm getting out there with him at any chance.

One thing is for sure, there is a lot of bitter people here caught up in some kind of clique trying to play head games, so it could be very possible (if not probable) that a lot of people have just abandoned this place in favor of Reddit or general point forums across leagues and venues. Being that somehow the billiards reddit isn't a bitter black hole (which is a miracle considering its reddit), that place seems likely to have some conversation you might enjoy.

Replying to both but I can't multiquote with the old skin. I come and go on AZB. I have other interests besides pool and I may be spending time on any one of a handful of forums. Stayed away this time long enough to be a stranger but I do think this is where I have posted far more times than anywhere else.

I think that AZB took a step in the wrong direction when they moved the aiming threads. Sure they were contentious but if you can't talk about pool on a pool forum it seems a bit strange to say the least!

As to skill levels, health and age catch up with us all sooner or later. The knowledge is still there, execution is spotty. Some of the very best players on this forum have very little to say, some that are midlevel league players have a lot to say! Just reading it can be hard to tell who is who and who is which!

There are a few greats on here. The handles often don't give away their real names. Most of the greats and the legends from the old days of pool are dead now, and they got damned little respect while they were here. Hal Houle took an unbelievable amount of pool knowledge and pool history with him when he died. He traveled with Ralph Greenleaf and invented aiming systems that worked seemingly just as a hobby. I don't know how many he invented, at least a half-dozen, maybe a dozen or more. The only thing better than listening to Hal talk aiming systems was listening to him talk about the legends of the game. He had the dirt on all of them and I could and did listen to him for hours when I made a couple phone calls.

Cool Cat Ray Martin was on here now and then the last I knew. He may have passed. Freddy the Beard was another supersmart guy that could play and could talk more about the old days than most. Grady posted on here almost until his death.

There are a few pro's on here that prefer to remain nameless. A few years back the South Dakota Kid and his grandmother posted on here, or maybe it was just Shane, it might have been Gabe Owens and his grandmother. A handful of the ladies posted too.

The place was fun. Williebetmore and Break-up had a running thing on the forum for months, big grudge match! They played for 1000 jelly beans, 2000 in the middle. I think Willie won. When he counted the jelly beans he found he had been stiffed for thirty or forty best I recall. Yep, they were playing for candy!

I can't find even the younger guys that made the board fun since I have been back. One reason why I fade away, we are losing the finest posters faster than they are being replaced, or so it seems.

Ah well, just wee hour rambling here, it is almost 2AM. Time for me to head to the house in the old days, everybody had to close at two on the east side.

Hu

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Replying to both but I can't multiquote with the old skin. I come and go on AZB. I have other interests besides pool and I may be spending time on any one of a handful of forums. Stayed away this time long enough to be a stranger but I do think this is where I have posted far more times than anywhere else.

I think that AZB took a step in the wrong direction when they moved the aiming threads. Sure they were contentious but if you can't talk about pool on a pool forum it seems a bit strange to say the least!

As to skill levels, health and age catch up with us all sooner or later. The knowledge is still there, execution is spotty. Some of the very best players on this forum have very little to say, some that are midlevel league players have a lot to say! Just reading it can be hard to tell who is who and who is which!

There are a few greats on here. The handles often don't give away their real names. Most of the greats and the legends from the old days of pool are dead now, and they got damned little respect while they were here. Hal Houle took an unbelievable amount of pool knowledge and pool history with him when he died. He traveled with Ralph Greenleaf and invented aiming systems that worked seemingly just as a hobby. I don't know how many he invented, at least a half-dozen, maybe a dozen or more. The only thing better than listening to Hal talk aiming systems was listening to him talk about the legends of the game. He had the dirt on all of them and I could and did listen to him for hours when I made a couple phone calls.

Cool Cat Ray Martin was on here now and then the last I knew. He may have passed. Freddy the Beard was another supersmart guy that could play and could talk more about the old days than most. Grady posted on here almost until his death.

There are a few pro's on here that prefer to remain nameless. A few years back the South Dakota Kid and his grandmother posted on here, or maybe it was just Shane, it might have been Gabe Owens and his grandmother. A handful of the ladies posted too.

The place was fun. Williebetmore and Break-up had a running thing on the forum for months, big grudge match! They played for 1000 jelly beans, 2000 in the middle. I think Willie won. When he counted the jelly beans he found he had been stiffed for thirty or forty best I recall. Yep, they were playing for candy!

I can't find even the younger guys that made the board fun since I have been back. One reason why I fade away, we are losing the finest posters faster than they are being replaced, or so it seems.

Ah well, just wee hour rambling here, it is almost 2AM. Time for me to head to the house in the old days, everybody had to close at two on the east side.

Hu

Hu, you, PT, Jay and a few others are the only reasons I keep coming back to AZB.

I understand that just because your not strong today doesn't mean your weren't strong at some point and for different reasons.

I get it. I have all sorts of issues to deal with myself. Multiple back surgeries, two shoulder surgeries and several other surgeries as well.

I have also have Gilles Tourette Syndrome. It puts a damper on pool, trust me.

Cancer has put the breaks to my game as well. It wasn't me that had it then nor is it me that has it this time but, then, just like now, they were and are very close to me and it weighs on me.

So, yeah, I understand that people can have lots of knowledge but, maybe they can't play the same anymore for a lot of reasons.

Im not a sensitive person. Hell, with my condition, well, you learn early in life that your gonna grow a thick skin or live a life of hell due to the a55hats.

As stated, I'm thick skinned but, I do have a limit to the BS that I'm willing to put up with.

If I had been a bit more knowledgeable about forums and the tools I could have saved myself some trouble by using the ignore feature.

The ignore feature is a God send for some.

Well, like you said, I'm rambling here....have a good one Hu.

Jeff

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a big bully steps up without his cue...what is he doing?

Hustling/ slumming, that's what.

We have forgotten what hustling means lol

Hustling is walking into a pool hall where no one knows you and playing down to your ability to bring up the bets. If you walk into a pool room or bar where every one knows how good you are and just enter a tournament That doesn’t make you a hustler

Hustling isn’t asking someone who knows your speed if they want to play for money. That’s just gambling not hustling.

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
All this talk about Diamond Pro-Ams has me wanting to sell some.

I have two good used Dymondwood red label 7' tables with ball return and two great used Black PRC blue label 9' with ball return - 4-3/8" pocket - one piece slate.

All tables come with a Diamond light, Diamond rack, and a ball set.

Southeast region: Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana.

256-425-4455

Ask for Nathan

04d6c30de216c30f5ea112259c3721ff.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Hu, you, PT, Jay and a few others are the only reasons I keep coming back to AZB.

I understand that just because your not strong today doesn't mean your weren't strong at some point and for different reasons.

Well, like you said, I'm rambling here....have a good one Hu.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words! You put me in some pretty nice company there. I read your posts with interest also. PT low profiled for a lot of years, he has let the puddy cat out the bag a little now. He and Jay have been good guys on here for a very long time.

All I will say about my old play these days is that I was a shortstop. Nobody had to like bearding me in my den. I could be beaten but then again I could beat anyone on a given night when they came looking for me on equipment and in conditions I knew very well and they didn't. No other spot than that, never asked for one. My biggest wins would have been meaningless to me if I had been playing with a spot.

Hu

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Cool Cat Ray Martin was on here now and then the last I knew. He may have passed. ...

Ray "ghostball" Martin last posted here on New Year's Day this year, indicating that he still plays a lot of one-pocket and that he would be turning 84 the following month.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ray "ghostball" Martin last posted here on New Year's Day this year, indicating that he still plays a lot of one-pocket and that he would be turning 84 the following month.

I ran into him not too long ago in NC. He's still giving lessons and playing quite a bit.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The meanings of words can be debated all day- Clinton busted a nut, and claimed he 'did not have sexual relations with that girl'- but playing down and not using equipment youd normally use would be well within the realm of 'hustling' definitions to me.

We have forgotten what hustling means lol

Hustling is walking into a pool hall where no one knows you and playing down to your ability to bring up the bets. If you walk into a pool room or bar where every one knows how good you are and just enter a tournament That doesn’t make you a hustler

Hustling isn’t asking someone who knows your speed if they want to play for money. That’s just gambling not hustling.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
So-oooo

The meanings of words can be debated all day- Clinton busted a nut, and claimed he 'did not have sexual relations with that girl'- but playing down and not using equipment youd normally use would be well within the realm of 'hustling' definitions to me.

Are you saying bill did or didn't hustle monica? I don't know if a cigar was normal equipment for him or not. He might have a little wee-wee or maybe he had found a way around having to tap hillary and the cigar was standard equipment! :grin::grin-square::grin:

Hu

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love my diamond pro am but it could certainly be improved in a few ways

1 - You are right on the ball holder. the wire frame is cheap and noisy. theyr should be a divider in the middle for the slow games like one hole and bank

2 - The finish on the newer diamonds does leave a bit to be desired.

3 - I ordered my table without the huge diamond logo on the end in white and I don't have any of the predator or simonis sticker nonsense. Looks much better. Table is cocobolo diamond wood.

4 - The light could be made to look a bit better for sure. A little more industrial perhaps.

5 - It would be amazing if they split the ball return into two sides or even three for one pocket. This is really minor but could certainly be better.

6 - I would prefer just diamonds instead of the diamond branded labels for consistency

7 - The pocket inserts are fine. Not sure how you could really make something like that better.

8 - More color and design options.

On the other hand I have yet to really see anything that is better.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I love my diamond pro am but it could certainly be improved in a few ways

1 - You are right on the ball holder. the wire frame is cheap and noisy. theyr should be a divider in the middle for the slow games like one hole and bank

2 - The finish on the newer diamonds does leave a bit to be desired.

3 - I ordered my table without the huge diamond logo on the end in white and I don't have any of the predator or simonis sticker nonsense. Looks much better. Table is cocobolo diamond wood.

4 - The light could be made to look a bit better for sure. A little more industrial perhaps.

5 - It would be amazing if they split the ball return into two sides or even three for one pocket. This is really minor but could certainly be better.

6 - I would prefer just diamonds instead of the diamond branded labels for consistency

7 - The pocket inserts are fine. Not sure how you could really make something like that better.

8 - More color and design options.

On the other hand I have yet to really see anything that is better.

Quoted in red....that’s how I see about Diamonds.
There were a lot of bugs on the tables I liked to play on...Anniversaries and Gold Crowns
Diamonds are not perfect...but I might not recognize perfection if it stomped on my foot.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
wire

Quoted in red....that’s how I see about Diamonds.
There were a lot of bugs on the tables I liked to play on...Anniversaries and Gold Crowns
Diamonds are not perfect...but I might not recognize perfection if it stomped on my foot.

I see some kind of a wire basket thing sticking out of each pocket on championship snooker tables. IF something like that could be added to pool tables with the balls staying high and easy to grab it might be nice.

I'm about ready for the five gallon bucket ball retrieval technique. mount a broom handle to the side of a five gallon bucket and cut a hole in the ball return tray. When you are ready just pick up the five gallon bucket by the broomhandle and pour the balls on the table. No bending required! I know that is pretty high tech for some people but it would probably work if I could keep mops and butts out of the bucket!

Hu

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Another thing I like about mine and other Diamonds is the height.
It might only be 2 inches or so but it makes a big difference. Especially when my back is messed up now and then.
They should be favored by older players for sure! haha
When I play at my local room on GC's I can notice the difference.
Like Fast Eddie said: "What, did they saw the legs off of these things"?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I see some kind of a wire basket thing sticking out of each pocket on championship snooker tables. IF something like that could be added to pool tables with the balls staying high and easy to grab it might be nice.

I'm about ready for the five gallon bucket ball retrieval technique. mount a broom handle to the side of a five gallon bucket and cut a hole in the ball return tray. When you are ready just pick up the five gallon bucket by the broomhandle and pour the balls on the table. No bending required! I know that is pretty high tech for some people but it would probably work if I could keep mops and butts out of the bucket!

Hu

Hu....this gives me a whole new perspective on the term “Bucket List”

:smile: