New Simonis Cloth only for Cushions
Old
  (#1)
harry
AzB Bronze Member
harry is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

New Simonis Cloth only for Cushions - 08-06-2018, 08:02 AM

I hope someone has experience with Simonis PreciShot cushion cloth compared with Simonis 300 Rapide on the cushions.

1. What are advantages and disadvantages of using the PreciShot cushion cloth compared to using the “300” cloth on the cushions?

2. Specifically: will the PreciShot cushion cloth make the cue ball...as it leaves the 3rd cushion... “slide” a little bit more or less or is it the same: compared to using the “300” cloth on the cushions?

Asking before I order Simonis 300 for both slate bed and cushions or the 300 for the bed and the PreciShot for the cushions.

Thank you for your help,

Harry

yep
Old
  (#2)
Danny Harriman
AzB Silver Member
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

yep - 08-06-2018, 01:58 PM

I would ask the question under 'ask the table mechanic section'. If no one else replies harry.

Old
  (#3)
harry
AzB Bronze Member

08-06-2018, 05:33 PM

Thanks, Danny. Good suggestion about checking the Mechanic Forum if I come up dry here.
I am most interested though in getting feedback from players. The PreciShot cushion may be too new to get what I’m looking for.

Old
  (#4)
harry
AzB Bronze Member

08-06-2018, 05:34 PM

Thanks, Danny. Good suggestion about checking the Mechanic Forum if I come up dry here.
I am most interested though in getting feedback from players. The PreciShot cushion may be too new to get what I’m looking for.

Old
  (#5)
3kushn
AzB Silver Member
3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-11-2018, 07:25 AM

I've only played on it once and it was brand new along with the bed cloth so I noticed little difference.
I think the difference will show up particularly on a public table after a few months of use.

It's my understanding that the angles will be retained much longer. My assumption is its a tad more slippery and wear resistant which supports their claim of consistent rebound & spin retention.

I don't think you can go wrong either way if you're covering your personal table and in the habit of keeping it clean. For a public table I think I'd go ahead and use PreciShot. I'm trusting its not a gimmick. Simonis can't risk there reputation with gimmicks, particularly now with all the Asia competition.

Old
  (#6)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

08-11-2018, 07:30 AM

its 100 percent nylon, synthetic
no more wool
https://store.kozoom.com/en/simonis-...lauw-3209.html

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#7)
harry
AzB Bronze Member

08-16-2018, 04:27 AM

Thanks for your feedback, 3kushn.
Much appreciated,
Harry

Old
  (#8)
harry
AzB Bronze Member

08-16-2018, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
its 100 percent nylon, synthetic
no more wool
https://store.kozoom.com/en/simonis-...lauw-3209.html
Interesting! Sounds a little like the Royal Pro line.
Best,
Harry

Simonis PreciShot Cushion Cloth feedback:
Old
  (#9)
harry
AzB Bronze Member

Simonis PreciShot Cushion Cloth feedback: - 01-03-2019, 12:20 AM

I ordered the Simonis PreciShot cushion cloth and 300 Rapide bed cloth when I had my new Klematch P37 rubber installed on my rails.

I’ve been playing daily on my 5’x10’ heated Verhoeven for about a month and a half since the installation and discovered that the PreciShot cushion cloth plays exactly as advertised by Simonis: it does a great job of consistently retaining the cue ball spin.

Interestingly, the only downside was the installation. The PreciShot cushion cloth is slightly thinner than the 300 Rapide bed cloth. My PreciShot cloth did not come with slightly wider rail splines, so the table mechanic and I had to wrap the 4 splines with a layer of duct tape, so that they would securely hold the thinner cloth to the rail.

The consistent play action of the cue ball, however, was definitely worth the extra installation effort.

Last edited by harry; 01-03-2019 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Check spelling.

Old
  (#10)
HomeBrewer
AzB Silver Member
HomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond repute

01-04-2019, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Have you ever played on RoyalPro to compare it? I'm wondering if the two play similar to one another.

Old
  (#11)
KissedOut
AzB Silver Member
KissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond repute

01-04-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBrewer View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

Have you ever played on RoyalPro to compare it? I'm wondering if the two play similar to one another.
I've played on both, but to be honest I'm not a good enough player to answer that question. Perhaps when @12squared gets back from playing in the NM 3C tournament he will comment, as he's played on the same tables I have, here at our senior center.

Old
  (#12)
harry
AzB Bronze Member

01-07-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBrewer View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

I’ve played on a 5x10’ heated Verhoeven with a Royal Pro cloth on the bed and cushions. This is a synthetic cloth made of a type of rayon. Comparing that with my table: the Simonis bed cloth is 90% wool & 10% nylon; the PreciShot is 100% nylon.

These billiard cloths each have advantages and disadvantages depending on personal preferences…and if you have a heated table to keep the moisture out of the wool, if the environment is humid.

I prefer the the Simonis wool bed cloth because: the balls roll quieter; the cloth looks better over time, and I like its feel and play. This is my first experience with the PreciShot cushion cloth. I’ve had it for almost 2 months now, and I really like how it holds the cue ball spin.

Old
  (#13)
harry
AzB Bronze Member

01-16-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kushn View Post
I've only played on it once and it was brand new along with the bed cloth so I noticed little difference.
I think the difference will show up particularly on a public table after a few months of use.

It's my understanding that the angles will be retained much longer. My assumption is its a tad more slippery and wear resistant which supports their claim of consistent rebound & spin retention.

I don't think you can go wrong either way if you're covering your personal table and in the habit of keeping it clean. For a public table I think I'd go ahead and use PreciShot. I'm trusting its not a gimmick. Simonis can't risk there reputation with gimmicks, particularly now with all the Asia competition.
Thanks, 3Kushn!
You were so right-on about Simonis and its PreciShot cushion cloth: it holds the cue ball spin. All the players who come here love it.

Old
  (#14)
harry
AzB Bronze Member

08-25-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
Thanks, 3Kushn!
You were so right-on about Simonis and its PreciShot cushion cloth: it holds the cue ball spin. All the players who come here love it.
Since it has been about 7 months since posting about trying the New Simonis PreciShot cushion cloth, I thought I should follow up on how it plays now: No change! It still maintains cue ball spin on the 3rd cushion... just as it did when new. Simonis has created another great product.

Last edited by harry; 08-25-2019 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Changed time frame

Old
  (#15)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
Simonis has created another great product.
They followed royal pro by going synthetic

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Last edited by Texas Carom Club; 08-26-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: