Turning Stone: Beware of The Giant Killer

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
having made it into the final 4 of the winners side, beating some strong opponents like Immonen, Morra and Kazakis along the way, Jeremy "The Giant Killer" Sossei has positioned himself nicely for a possible win at Turning Stone.

Jeremy has come in 2nd place at TS twice so maybe he can finally get that elusive first "W" there today. :cool:

He is an absolute first-class kind of guy and I'll be rooting for him all the way. :thumbup:

Should be an exciting final day at TS.

best,
brian kc

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
He is a really solid player with a great cue ball. Seems like he just plays local events though, as I don't recall seeing him in many events in other parts of the country.

With a 748 Fargo Rating, he's right in the group of mid-level pro's that should have a chance to occasionally snap off a bigger tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is a really solid player with a great cue ball. Seems like he just plays local events though, as I don't recall seeing him in many events in other parts of the country.

With a 748 Fargo Rating, he's right in the group of mid-level pro's that should have a chance to occasionally snap off a bigger tournament.

He was in the run for the Mosconi Cup i believe it was last year but was cut at some point. He is definitely a soliid guy. At 15 he and an older friend drove 50 miles plus nearly every day to hang out at my home room. I know him well. He is a gentleman who never pulls any 'moves'. We shared a lot of laughs back in the day..

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

for economic reasons (read: good decision making) Jeremy has limited his 'away play' time in favor of growing his own business.

The unfortunate reality that only a very select few at the top can make a living at pool has him, and I'm sure quite a few others like him, looking elsewhere for their income.

He's a good enough player that he should have been on Team USA MC based on his achievements but a little politics got in the way.

As previously stated, he's such a genuinely good guy that it's enjoyable to root for him.

best,
brian kc

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's an awesome guy and definitely easy to root for.
I've had a few conversations with Jeremy at Turning
Stone and Derby. He also loves South West Cues,
which is something else we have in common. There's
no shame in finishing 3rd, but I would have enjoyed
it more if he would have snapped it off. Hopefully his
pool game and his business will thrive, moving forward.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good thread Brian.
I've known Jeremy since he was a kid. He's humble and a gentleman. He knows the importance of standing on his own two feet and understands the value of money earned.
He's one of those guys your happy to see good things happen for. He earns respect by just being himself. I've been a fan and a friend for a long time.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
He's an awesome guy and definitely easy to root for.
I've had a few conversations with Jeremy at Turning
Stone and Derby. He also loves South West Cues,
which is something else we have in common. There's
no shame in finishing 3rd, but I would have enjoyed
it more if he would have snapped it off. Hopefully his
pool game and his business will thrive, moving forward.

"loves Southwests" is correct. He's got a nice little collection of ebony front sws. It's what he likes to play paired with a 314 shaft.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Good thread Brian.
I've known Jeremy since he was a kid. He's humble and a gentleman. He knows the importance of standing on his own two feet and understands the value of money earned.
He's one of those guys your happy to see good things happen for. He earns respect by just being himself. I've been a fan and a friend for a long time.

well stated, Mike. :smile: and agree.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Maybe Jeremy is part Taiwanese. :D

Clinches in my book if responds positively if he prefers fat shafts 13mm.

"loves Southwests" is correct. He's got a nice little collection of ebony front sws. It's what he likes to play paired with a 314 shaft.