June 25, 2019

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can I say this diplomatically?

June 25 is the date when it appears that a mass exodus has occurred. I thought that was supposed to happen after a book was published, but I guess there's no time like the present. Time will tell. Will the aiming forum become an interesting place for good discussion or will it become irrelevant and deleted? Again, time will tell.

Personally, I think it is worth giving it a shot and I think recent posts like Pat's are a good start.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
One thing is certain, it is definitely less hostile, which is great for open discussions about aiming.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Define good discussion.......there always has been some good discussion here along with some not so good discussions.

What I have seen is that people don’t like someone that thinks outside the box. Someone that has nonconformist views about aiming and pool playing.

It seems like a lot of parrot talking going on in here at times.

Plus, having one your your threads just deleted without just cause kinda puts a dampener on wanting to post on here. Guess it wasn’t considered good discussion.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Define good discussion.......there always has been some good discussion here along with some not so good discussions.

What I have seen is that people don’t like someone that thinks outside the box. Someone that has nonconformist views about aiming and pool playing.

Plus, having one your your threads just deleted without just cause kinda puts a dampener on wanting to post on here. Guess it wasn’t considered good discussion.

Duckie - I had thrown you in the kook bin with all the talk about cue balls and edges. Since learning that you were punking everybody (kind of impressed, I think) I've paid more attention to your posts and you make some excellent points. I don't think you're a 100% kook anymore... maybe only 25% now j/k :D

I don't think threads are likely to disappear when they don't go off the rails.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

A good discussion to me is one where people aren't calling each other "haters" or "stupid" or whatever other juvenile labels some have to resort to for lack of civil communication skills.

I don't lump you in with those types. I like and respect your "out of the box" thinking. And though I don't agree with everything you write, you get me looking at things differently, which is always constructive.

It's that old uncivil dead horse aiming war that causes deleted threads and crap discussions. This isn't politics or religion -- it's a game, sport, hobby, whatever... Anyone should be able to come here and talk about aiming pool balls without having to deal with aggressive jerks, pompous know it alls, or sacred gate keepers. And if at anytime I fit any of these classifications, I would expect to be called out on it. :grin:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone should be able to come here and talk about aiming pool balls without having to deal with aggressive jerks, pompous know it alls, or sacred gate keepers. And if at anytime I fit any of these classifications, I would expect to be called out on it. :grin:

I always figured you for an aggressive and pompous gate keeper! j/k :D

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the thing: regardless of what some were calling it, it was never a "war."

I will never accept that -- it was just some guys constantly looking for the truth and zealots responding with empty slogans and chants.

What I will sign up for was that there were always posters here that would not just drink the Kool-Aid without a reasonable explanation of how this system worked in the real world. Two DVDs (and now a forthcoming book) -- and there has been nothing but empty contradictions and slanderous attacks to "explain" a system that -- without any supporting data -- is totally bogus in terms of scientific and geometric truths.

For all the incessant claims to the contrary -- "they" never explained it, so no, no one could ever really be able to go back and research it and find the answers they claimed were out there -- there was never anything more than smoke and mirrors, and oh... the occasional curtain. I've been here for the 20 and "they" never provided anything.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't get this.

I think a couple of guys got whacked but a mass exodus?

Lou Figueroa

Spider went on permanent vacation on the 25th and I believe the usual suspects walked out in protest. Of course I could be wrong.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Spider went on permanent vacation on the 25th and I believe the usual suspects walked out in protest. Of course I could be wrong.
Spider and ENGLISH! were banned and cookie and Low500 (that I know of) stopped posting at the same time. It's only a mass exodus of decibels.

Now how are we going to get our daily updates on what Stan had for breakfast?

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Here's the thing: regardless of what some were calling it, it was never a "war."

I will never accept that -- it was just some guys constantly looking for the truth and zealots responding with empty slogans and chants.

What I will sign up for was that there were always posters here that would not just drink the Kool-Aid without a reasonable explanation of how this system worked in the real world. Two DVDs (and now a forthcoming book) -- and there has been nothing but empty contradictions and slanderous attacks to "explain" a system that -- without any supporting data -- is totally bogus in terms of scientific and geometric truths.

For all the incessant claims to the contrary -- "they" never explained it, so no, no one could ever really be able to go back and research it and find the answers they claimed were out there -- there was never anything more than smoke and mirrors, and oh... the occasional curtain. I've been here for the 20 and "they" never provided anything.

Lou Figueroa
Well, to be fair, they never really understood the objections to the system's claims. And they have a vested interest in defending the claims - they're an important part of the system's value, maybe even what makes it work for them.

pj
chgo

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spider and ENGLISH! were banned and cookie and Low500 (that I know of) stopped posting at the same time. It's only a mass exodus of decibels.

Now how are we going to get our daily updates on what Stan had for breakfast?

pj
chgo

There's a couple more than that, but ssshhhh, don't talk about them!

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spider and ENGLISH! were banned and cookie and Low500 (that I know of) stopped posting at the same time.

I read this forum most every day, but somehow I missed this news. Please clue me in. How do we know who was banned? How do we know which threads were deleted?

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Consider this.........a good discussion is subjective......plain and simple......so whose subjectivity is applied to what is considered a good discussion?

I’m sure there are some that had good discussions with English and Spidey, and some that didn’t have good discussion with them.

So, now the ones that had good discussion with them, can not do so any more because of someone’s subjectivity.

As far as the name calling, rants, personal attacks.........so what. Sure, it does get old at times, but so what. It really isn’t that big a deal.

I know enough about who posts on here to know which post to read or not. English had some good post, so did Spidey, at times. And now, those that did enjoy their post, can no longer do so because of someone’s subjectivity of what a good discussion is.

I hate censorship.

FWIW.......I like to question people in ways to make them think about their position.......for example.....my high school nephews would like to ride motorcycles.....their parents.....no ****ing way.......your gonna get hurt. So, one day I asked my sister-in-law this question, but not in front of her kids.....that’s a parent respect thing.

“Your oldest was almost paralyzed in a wrestling match, your second just got beaned in the head with a 100 mph fast ball.......and motorcycling is dangerous?”

The look on her face......I will never forget.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I read this forum most every day, but somehow I missed this news. Please clue me in. How do we know who was banned? How do we know which threads were deleted?
I don’t know about deleted threads, but you can tell who’s been banned by looking at their avatar - it says “BANNED” under their screen name.

pj
chgo