Prather 2018 summer sale!

prather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We're kicking off summer the right way!
We wanted to give our AZ customers the 1st chance at our Prong & Grab Bag sale
before we send out a mass email, and before we make the discounted items available for online purchase.
See below for details!

PreMade Prongs
-Buy 1 Prong - get 10% off sale price
-Buy 2 Prongs - get 15% off sale price
-Buy 3 Prongs - get 20% off sale price

*First come, first served!*
(You must call or email with order.
Once sale is official, you will be able to purchase at discounted price online.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Grab Bag's Bid-A-Bag is BACK

Call or email your offer on any available Grab Bag and see if we accept!
*First come, first served!*
Also, we have PFM ferrules back in stock!
View them here:
https://prathercue.com/search?type=product&q=pfm
Check out our new and improved Compression Die (for ferrule tenon)
https://prathercue.com/products/compression-die-for-ferrule-tenons?variant=38270688455
www.prathercue.com
sales@prathercue.com

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice resource!
I've bought pins from you in the past, and perhaps some ferule and joint materials.

from the website:

In the past, the Achilles' heel of every cue has been the glue seams. Dryness, dampness, shrinking and swelling can cause the shaft to warp. For this reason, we have gone back to the drying of the maple to get the best hit. Kielwood is the new generation of pool cue wood, specifically created for low deflection. It is a dark, hard rock maple that is harmonically stabilized for straightness. With traditional pie shaped shafts, each slice of the pie is susceptible to having a different reaction. Kielwood is the solution to a continually straight and stable shaft.

Can you explain this a little more?
I searched AZ. and brought up some other links online.
Also the USFPL.

"Created" - what specifically did you do? (no need to reveal proprietary info, for instance if heat treated, just say that, not temps and process. or "saturated with proprietary chemicals before drying" e.g.)

What exactly does harmonically stabilized mean?
How do you measure it?

"Kielwood is the solution to a continually straight and stable shaft"

Over what ambient MC range?

Per the ad copy should i think that the material is something significantly better than specifically selected KD old growth maple, perhaps using closer to the heartwood, than white sapwood?

Thanks!
smt

prather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the delay in getting back with you.
The manufacturer of the Kielwood says that because of the way it is dried, it has good "harmonics", so I used the term "harmonically stabilized" simply because I liked the way it sounded.
The moisture content is between 4% and 6%.
As far as being "better" than the other shafts you mentioned, it's just a matter of preference, really.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff-

Thanks for the forthright response. Not sure I'm much further enlightened, though.:smile: Originally had impression (from your website) you were making it, Sounds like it is a 3rd party provider so understand you have to work with whatever they "reveal".

smt