Skip Weston, ebony on ebony

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Well here is the new ebony on ebony Skip Weston. This is a cue him and I have been working on for a while. Not because it is complicated but Skip is back at a machinist position and has told me that cues will be on a very limited basis. He is projecting 25 or so a year. He is going to do some very elaborate work, and make some slight changes to his construction.

This cue is ebony on ebony. Points are maple, purpleheart, permambucco, maple, essentially white, purple, orange, white. They are vibrant, and really show up. Each ring is a rosary bead style with an ivory center ring, 4 large ivory dots, then there are 8 MOP dots. 4 in the center of the ivory, 4 stand alone smaller dots. Simple, yet classy rings. The points have an ivory spear with MOP dots above and below. The back end has high and low rosary rings, with an ivory propeller above a MOP flourette. MOP dots above and in between each inlay arrangement. For me the fun was the propeller arrangement. How I arrived at that, just luck of the draw, pun intended.

19.3 oz, 4 oz shafts, ivory joint and 'roo wrap...

His inlay and point work are exceptional and I cannot wait till he does some really fancy cues. I have seen some ivory veneered cues and they will be very special.

JV (---oh you wanted pictures? :D

skip_fore1_hi.jpg

skip_butt1_hi.jpg

skip_butt2_hi.jpg

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Nice point work as usual.

I agree with Mike, the points look great. For me I'm not wild about the ringwork though. All in all another fine cue from Mr. Weston.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Kevin

matta

Cue Snob
Silver Member
This cue is ebony on ebony. Points are maple, purpleheart, permambucco, maple, essentially white, purple, orange, white. They are vibrant, and really show up. Each ring is a rosary bead style with an ivory center ring, 4 large ivory dots, then there are 8 MOP dots. 4 in the center of the ivory, 4 stand alone smaller dots. Simple, yet classy rings. The points have an ivory spear with MOP dots above and below. The back end has high and low rosary rings, with an ivory propeller above a MOP flourette. MOP dots above and in between each inlay arrangement. For me the fun was the propeller arrangement. How I arrived at that, just luck of the draw, pun intended.

I like the mixture of MOP and Ivory. You rarely see that.

torqiet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
real nice design, my kind of cue, catches the eye yet not too flashy, with a touch of style :D Mr Weston sure does nice work!

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
catscradle said:
And all natural, unstained woods I presume.

Yep as standard. I am looking into a blue wood, called Blue Mahoe and I am interested in how it would look as a recut.

JV

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
classiccues said:
Yep as standard. I am looking into a blue wood, called Blue Mahoe and I am interested in how it would look as a recut.

JV

Joe, great looking Skip. It's definitely got to be up there in his top group cues !! BTW, you need to speak with Jeff in VF, he finally found us some exotic blue wood (smurf-wood). :eek:

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Great looking Cue ...

I like everything about it ... The Ivory inlays look sharp , great design ... Great piece of work ...