MasonH Tulip & Ebony Sneaky

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
First off let me say that Mason is a great guy and very easy to deal with. He kept me up to date through the whole process of building the cue. This was my first custom cue that I have actually ordered and the experience went flawlessly.

Specs: 19oz, 12.75 Shaft, Masons Taper, not sure on the ferrule material, Kamui Med Tip.

Fit and Finish:
I will start off by showing you the pictures.

242683_174_full.jpg

242683_175_full.jpg

242683_176_full.jpg

242683_177_full.jpg

The actual finish on the cue is unique in its own way. I really do not like wrapless cues because my right hand tends to sweat. I played with this cue for about an hour on my lunch break and my hand did not sweat at all. It really surprised me. It is perfect to the T, you cannot see one flaw in the clear coat. The points on the cue are not perfect but the wood combos are bold and you dont even notice the points not being even.

The actual fitment of the shaft on the cue is also flawless. As you get closer to tightening the the shaft you can feel it get tighter and tighter.

Playability:

I am an avid Meucci Original shooter and had no intentions of switching cues upon ordering this sneaky from Mason. I know I have only shot with it for an hour but I loved it.

The hit is hard to describe for me because I have a narrow field of cues I have shot with. The hit is "Crisp" yet very responsive. I can not sacrifice feel in a cue, I HAVE to have feel and when I shoot with a Schon or any other SS jointed cue I lose that feeling. This cue has FEEL.

The cue is going to undergo further experimentation this evening but I had a moment and thought I would write a quik review.

If you have a chance to pickup one of Mason's cues, DO IT!

Thanks again Mason,

Alex

Last edited:

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
I think i need to get on the list! Really stunning cue, congrats! :)

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Update:

Shot with the cue for about 4 Hours this evening and I must say that I have never adjusted to a cue this quikly. The hit for me is just perfect. I wouldnt say it hits identical to my Meucci and Predator but I definetly like it a lot. Like I said before I dont have much to compare it to but I know what I like :).

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cue!!!!!!!!

I like your cue. Is it tulipwood into ebony? New cues are good for your game. They make you want to get up an play. Nice cue!!!!!!!!!
Pinocchio

chaozzzsg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice cue there..but poor me still gotta wait for some time before masonh starts on my cue..lol
Looking forward to it

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
chaozzzsg said:
nice cue there..but poor me still gotta wait for some time before masonh starts on my cue..lol
Looking forward to it

Ill tell you right now its WELL worth the wait.

chaozzzsg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well well..from all past works i have seen here in this forum, i would have to agree, that's why i introduce my friend to also order from him.

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
SHot with it for another few hours today. Looks like I have a new player! Thanks Mason!

Alex

dakota

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MasonH cue

That is one awesome sneaky and I have heard great things about the way they play. I was lucky enough to get a custom order in with Mason and although I still have some time to wait, I will say that he has been really great to deal with and very easy to communicate with. I'm eager to get my cue and try it out, but I don't want to rush the process.

I really like the wood combo used on your cue, not only will it hit great, but it really makes that cue stand out! Mason has a really good eye for awesome wood, and I cannot wait to see my cocobolo and curly koa cue come together. I was able to see some pictures of the wood and he has some awesome koa and insane cocobolo picked out for the build!

Congrats on your new cue, I'm glad I was able to get on his list before it becomes next to impossible to get one of his cues. :D

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
dakota said:
Congrats on your new cue, I'm glad I was able to get on his list before it becomes next to impossible to get one of his cues. :D

I believe that is going to be VERY soon!

chaozzzsg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The waiting time

plshrk22 said:
I believe that is going to be VERY soon!

I agree, right now for my cue that i ordered, i gotta wait for approximately a year.
I can't wait to get my hands on his cue

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Should get my second cue from Mason sometime in the next week. Had one of the first five, had to sell it. Ended up selling it back to Mason, which meant it got back into someones hands that wanted the cue.

Will tell you that the cue I had played great. Hit was stiff and responsive. Really one of my favorite cues ever. Looking forward to my new one which is a sneaky. Have another on order after the sneaky, though that one is a good deal out in time.

Mason is making good cues, with good materials. He will only get better as he starts making more and more of all the parts in house.

our_auctionguy

The Wall.....
Silver Member
Alex, calling that cue "Sneaky" is about like describing Antarctica as being like the tropics.

Beautiful cue. Nice combination of woods. Can't wait to see it in person.

Larry

WheatCues

Banned
plshrk22 said:
First off let me say that Mason is a great guy and very easy to deal with. He kept me up to date through the whole process of building the cue. This was my first custom cue that I have actually ordered and the experience went flawlessly.

Specs: 19oz, 12.75 Shaft, Masons Taper, not sure on the ferrule material, Kamui Med Tip.

Fit and Finish:
I will start off by showing you the pictures.

242683_174_full.jpg

242683_175_full.jpg

242683_176_full.jpg

242683_177_full.jpg

The actual finish on the cue is unique in its own way. I really do not like wrapless cues because my right hand tends to sweat. I played with this cue for about an hour on my lunch break and my hand did not sweat at all. It really surprised me. It is perfect to the T, you cannot see one flaw in the clear coat. The points on the cue are not perfect but the wood combos are bold and you dont even notice the points not being even.

The actual fitment of the shaft on the cue is also flawless. As you get closer to tightening the the shaft you can feel it get tighter and tighter.

Playability:

I am an avid Meucci Original shooter and had no intentions of switching cues upon ordering this sneaky from Mason. I know I have only shot with it for an hour but I loved it.

The hit is hard to describe for me because I have a narrow field of cues I have shot with. The hit is "Crisp" yet very responsive. I can not sacrifice feel in a cue, I HAVE to have feel and when I shoot with a Schon or any other SS jointed cue I lose that feeling. This cue has FEEL.

The cue is going to undergo further experimentation this evening but I had a moment and thought I would write a quik review.

If you have a chance to pickup one of Mason's cues, DO IT!

Thanks again Mason,

Alex

Great work Mason !!!!!

The cue is very sharp looking and nice crisp transition borders....

If it plays half as good as it looks you got one hell of a deal......

- Eddie Wheat