Transaction on the Hill

Nagual

Registered
I was looking to buy me a nice custom cue for some time now.
Scouting a lot of sales here at AZB to check out what various cuemakers had to offer and which style I liked.

A friend of mine had linked me to the website of Darrin Hill. He has a few hundres high quality photo?s of cues on display there.
And his use of exotic woods really shows what love he has for his (selection of) materials.
I felt I couldn't do wrong buying one of his cues.

I decided to contact Sean from Cueaddicts about one of their cues.
I?ve never met a more standup guy to do business with. Sadly there had been some shrinkage in the finish (could be from humidity or environmental conditions) but he was totally honoust about it and said that "I cannot in good faith sell you the cue like this". Huge respect for such a stand-up approach like this in dealing with a person you don't even know that's living a few thousand miles away.
He decided to contact Darrin and advised me to deal with him directly.
Darrin refinished the cue at no extra costs (to perfection) and doing business with Shari by mail went smooth as could be.

My cue has arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier with the result.
It was thouroughly wrapped and in mint condition.
As with any cue it should take some time to adapt to it but I can already feel that the cue has a great hit and feel to it, and has dropped a lot of jaws already.

In conclusion of this long story:
Darrin's cues are quality stuff and it has been a pleasure of doing business with him and Shari along with Sean from Cueaddicts for being so forthcoming and honoust.
I hope the Hill-family will continue to put out more gorgeous cues and I'm looking forward to letting him design my next Hill's.

Thanks for the long read.

Alex

pic of my cue. it's the upper one

justpool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The very best playing cues in the cue making industry? A players cue with superb craftsmanship. Top it off 1 of a kind cues! Get a HILLS CUE or beat by one!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :)

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Nagual said:
I was looking to buy me a nice custom cue for some time now.
Scouting a lot of sales here at AZB to check out what various cuemakers had to offer and which style I liked.

A friend of mine had linked me to the website of Darrin Hill. He has a few hundres high quality photo?s of cues on display there.
And his use of exotic woods really shows what love he has for his (selection of) materials.
I felt I couldn't do wrong buying one of his cues.

I decided to contact Sean from Cueaddicts about one of their cues.
I?ve never met a more standup guy to do business with. Sadly there had been some shrinkage in the finish (could be from humidity or environmental conditions) but he was totally honoust about it and said that "I cannot in good faith sell you the cue like this". Huge respect for such a stand-up approach like this in dealing with a person you don't even know that's living a few thousand miles away.
He decided to contact Darrin and advised me to deal with him directly.
Darrin refinished the cue at no extra costs (to perfection) and doing business with Shari by mail went smooth as could be.

My cue has arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier with the result.
It was thouroughly wrapped and in mint condition.
As with any cue it should take some time to adapt to it but I can already feel that the cue has a great hit and feel to it, and has dropped a lot of jaws already.

In conclusion of this long story:
Darrin's cues are quality stuff and it has been a pleasure of doing business with him and Shari along with Sean from Cueaddicts for being so forthcoming and honoust.
I hope the Hill-family will continue to put out more gorgeous cues and I'm looking forward to letting him design my next Hill's.

Thanks for the long read.

Alex

pic of my cue. it's the upper one

Alex, I am so glad the you ended up getting this cue from Darrin....it sure is beautiful and I know how much you wanted it. Enjoy it and may it give you years of excellent service. Take care and hit them often and well. Best regards, Sean

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
GREAT POST!

i actually have a Hill cue on the way.. i am looking forward to trying it..

:)

chris

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darrin's cues are awesome! A top notch player's cue! I have 2 for sale only because I found the one Hill I want to keep from Justpool.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
ChrisOnline said:
GREAT POST!

i actually have a Hill cue on the way.. i am looking forward to trying it..

:)

chris

hello All.. recieved my Hills cue today... looking forward to getting it to the pool hall..

anyways.. as for the fit and finish it looks great..
its a full splice with an ivory joint done up in the southwest style..

there is a pic in my signature..

chris

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
ChrisOnline said:
hello All.. recieved my Hills cue today... looking forward to getting it to the pool hall..

anyways.. as for the fit and finish it looks great..
its a full splice with an ivory joint done up in the southwest style..

there is a pic in my signature..

chris

Chris, beautiful traditional fs points !!

Nagual

Registered
Super smooth cue Chris.
It looks awesome.
I'm looking forward to reading your experiences with it.

As for mine: I'm increasingly more happy with my Hill's every day.
Sounds corny but it's true.
Recently I broke my record break in 14.1 in a league match (stands now at 48) although my record in training (72) remains untouched for now...
And just yesterday I broke and ran 4 racks of 9-ball, only to come up dry on the 5th :(..... :D

I'm loving it!