Jerry McWorter review

MasterClass

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chance upon a Jerry McWorter Yesterday and got to get a few hits with it.

First reaction when i held the cue in my hand was "Hmmmmm" Feels light, well balance, good size.

Second reaction when i hit some balls with it was "Wooooooo" nice firm solid feel. lots of feel. Nice sound, nice feel and feedback.

But on the down side. Like all of Jerry cue lots of ivory and points but i believe they are all cnc points. So why do they cost so much? If it was not for the cost i would not mind getting one. Damn nice cue to look at and to play with.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
MasterClass said:

First reaction when i held the cue in my hand was "Hmmmmm" Feels light, well balance, good size.

Second reaction when i hit some balls with it was "Wooooooo" nice firm solid feel. lots of feel. Nice sound, nice feel and feedback.

But on the down side. Like all of Jerry cue lots of ivory and points but i believe they are all cnc points. If it was not for the cost i would not mind getting one. Damn nice cue to look at and to play with.

So why do they cost so much?

Because he is certainly one of the top cue makers in this country. He has also certainly earned his reputation through hard work and great designs. Unlike many in this industry, he can build any type of cue a customer wants, whether it is V-Spliced, Cut points, inlayed points, or CNC points. On top of that he is also a really nice guy!!!!!!!!:)

Eric Wynne

Banned
Wonder why a custom costs what it does ... Any of you just try to duplicate the cue in question and see how much it costs you and you will surely find, to your amazement, that the price is more than reasonable ...Jerry is a master at his trade ... Ever think how much he has invested to get to this point ... If he thinks on it , he'll probably charge more ... Makes a darn good playin' cue ...:cool:

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
jerrys work is fine and his silver line work is one of the best! and they hold there value! my personal player is a mcworter

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
MasterClass said:

But on the down side. Like all of Jerry cue lots of ivory and points but i believe they are all cnc points. So why do they cost so much? If it was not for the cost i would not mind getting one. Damn nice cue to look at and to play with.

Jan is high maintenance! :D

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McWorter Cues

Jerry's cues all go tho Japan. He has his own "Cult" There and is highly respected. He made an effort to learn how to speak the Japanese language and With his great presonality and business mind, became highly sucessful in the late 90's..
He is a good programer and his designs show his creative mind.
Being one of the best Cuemakers in America, he can command his high prices..
Check out his workmanship.. Superb..
I've known him a long time. He's been buying shaft caps from me since the early '90's. Not the butt side, He makes his own Matching Caps..

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
McWorter

Jerry is a brilliant designer. Few cuemakers have been immitated as often and few have produced as many unique yet distinct patterns. I don't know enough about CNC to say an elaborate cue should cost less...but I can say with certainty that Jerry's cues are superlatives in their originality, precision construction and top quality materials. His kind of breathtaking work can't come cheap and IMO, is worth his asking price all day long.