Moving Table For New Floor

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
I have a 9 foot Gold Crown III in my downstairs rec room. As part of a home renovation project we will be putting a new floor down. The room currently has a wall-to-wall indoor-outdoor carpet that will be taken up. I need to move the pool table to lay the new flooring. The rec room is large enough to allow moving the table to the other half of the room, lay the floor where the table was, move the table back onto the new floor and then finish flooring the other half. Is it possible to do this without breaking the bonding connecting the three piece slates? If so, how? If it's possible it would be a lot easier than breaking down the table completely and moving it out, and then putting it back together again.

The table was "Diamondized" by RealKingCobra a few years ago. If I remember correctly there's glue connecting the slates, so perhaps the bond between them would be strong enough to withstand the move across the room and back. Thanks for any advice you can give.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Glen in Chicago a few years ago......?

Did you lose his phone #...?

The table move is possible, if you’ve lost his number look him up.

Rob.M

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes, you can move the table, just get some sliders from Home Depot, put them under the feet, then slide the table around, no big deal. Once you get everything done, put the table back in place, level the frame with the feet, all done.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
When sliding the table across the new wood floor, cut some foot squares of old carpeting and place them upside down under the feet so you can slide it across the floor without scratching it.

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
Yes, you can move the table, just get some sliders from Home Depot, put them under the feet, then slide the table around, no big deal. Once you get everything done, put the table back in place, level the frame with the feet, all done.

Thanks so much Glen! Do these look like they will do the job?
https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Furniture-Sliders-Carpeted-Surfaces/dp/B001W6Q4VA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534440241&sr=8-3&keywords=super+sliders&dpID=41KU3HdI3SL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

The bottom is a hard plastic so your suggestion about using carpet squares on the new floor is on target. They are 9 1/2 inches long so they should fit under the round Gold Crown legs, which are about 8 inches in diameter.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks so much Glen! Do these look like they will do the job?
https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Furniture-Sliders-Carpeted-Surfaces/dp/B001W6Q4VA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534440241&sr=8-3&keywords=super+sliders&dpID=41KU3HdI3SL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

The bottom is a hard plastic so your suggestion about using carpet squares on the new floor is on target. They are 9 1/2 inches long so they should fit under the round Gold Crown legs, which are about 8 inches in diameter.

Same ones I use.